Is FAB Blackout seriously rare and valuable?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wes Crayon, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Wes Crayon

Wes Crayon Well-Known Member

So I generally like Figure of the Day -- haven't actually gotten anything yet, but the idea is neat and some of the selections seem pretty cool -- but I was kinda floored by today's figure: Fast Action Battlers "Gyro Blade" Blackout. FOR $39.99.

[​IMG]

Seriously, is that what it's going for these days? I'm pretty sure I have that figure -- mainly because I wanted a Blackout and generally can't bring myself to pay $20 for voyagers -- and while it was cool for what it was back in 2007, I have a really hard time seeing it becoming a sought-after figure among collectors. Is there something uber special about this version? Or is this the result of some weird misinformation Figure of the Day received?

Any info would be appreciated -- my mind is reeling here. :p 

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that was rather odd. I tweeted them that people don't generally get excited for FABs and suggested that Generations Deluxes are more like what people are looking for. Was thanked profusely in return! Least I could do, I like their site and they had a good deal on Predators the other day.

3. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Old toys will gain in value over the years like any antique.
    Voyager Blackout from TF1 is also very expensive.
    Some Fast Action Battlers like Frenzy are now very hard to find even on Ebay.
    I am glad I got them when they came out.
    The Fast Action Battlers Blackout was also repainted as Grindor for TF2.

4. Wes Crayon

Wes Crayon Well-Known Member

Well... SOME of them will. Namely if people want them. If people don't want them, we can SAY they've gained value, and list them at really high BIN prices on eBay, but I'd be willing to bet that most of those sellers will be sitting on those toys until the return of Cthulhu. I was really asking whether anyone actually wanted Blackout -- and thought $40 was a great price!

...'Cause if that's the case, I'd probably be willing to sell mine for $30. ;) 

Glad to know I wasn't the only one perplexed! I probably would have done the same, except I thought maybe I was missing something and FAB Blackout had become the latest collector badge. It's a better figure than Energon Swoop, anyway...

5. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

I have a micro version of this figure (from those tomy capsule things (along with megaton which is based on his voyager, iron hide, bumblebee, and brawl) I dont really like it much judging from it, is there like a huge piece of kibble protruding from his back?

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I got mine for free. I'd just bought a load of figures from someone at a car boot sale and stored them away in my car so I didn't have to lug them around, and when I passed back by the same stall to continue toy hunting they called me over and told me they'd just discovered another figure under some stuff and gave me the FAB Blackout for free. I love free.

But I suppose anything, even what was considered a bit crap previously, can gain mad value over time.

7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Omega Spreem?

8. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

saw some still at winner (tj maxx canada).

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    man I know where I cans till buy this guy off the shelves....