Is everything TF,Going your way? from 2011 thru 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Is the current Liscensed TF movie,cartoon,video games & comics media going the direction you like?

How about the 2011 thru 2013 Liscensed TF toy lines,are they going in the direction of your preferred preferences likes & dislikes?

Is the TF club & botcon catering to your unique fan needs & desires?

I added 2013 because we've seen test shots of Generations 2013 up comming toys from 2012 conventions.

My fan point of view below.....

The 2012 TFP toys & 2012 -2013 Generations toys seems leaps & bounds better than the 2011 DOTM & 2008 Animated toys. While i'm not totally pleased I don't view anything new as a total write. I'm in the middle as far as being pleased. I still need more bigger sizes & more of my preferred TF characters getting newer toys.

The IDW TF Comics from 2011 thru 2012 are a complete disappointment.
    It almost feels like the writers are trying to ruin everything on purpose. whether they have grudges against the things or are just naive & don't care.
    Having bumblebee as the faction leader is the worse thing any writer can do.
    killing off or MIA 4 starring Faction leaders last year in one singular chaos issue was the last straw. Currently the IDW TF writers have the robots sitting down at tables wasting half of a issues drinking energon & discussing their scientific brain storming theories & such.

IDW TF comics went down hill when Simon furman was asked to leave the G-1titles. Simon Furman is the only one who gets the transformers & can properly portray them. The only IDW TF comic i'll be buying is regeneration thru paper backs every six months.

DW & Marvel wrote better TF comics. DW dare I say had better TF comic art.
    IDW's TF art look awful starting from 2011 thru 2012. IDW doesn't do that many robots fight scenes from 2011-2012 because the fight scenes require a higher grade of talented art sketches get done. it seems like it's easier & cheaper to do lower grade TF art where the robots walk around or sit in chairs for most of the pages & issues.

I think The current WFC & FOC TF video games are top notch. these are things of beauty & great everything else. these get my highest ratings.

The Prime cartoon I love. I feel it's going my way as far as pleasing my adult fan needs. Rescue bots is just awful & it's too toddler for my taste. Rescue bots toys are the worse thing ever. the play school gobots toys were way better than the rescue bots toys as far as designs,poseabilty,size & sculpts went.

The Live action TF movies & toys are not getting done to my preferred taste & likes. The only thing I enjoy about the live movies are the CGI robot designs. I don't like the stories,plots,dialogue & amateur no talent actors cast in the starring roles. last year I thought the DOTM toy line was so terrible,I only bought 4 toys. like leader ironhide,leader sentinel prime,voyager megatron,Voyager Skyhammer.

TF Kreo,I feel has potential. I think it was a smart move for Hasbro to create this line. as other not lego brands are raking in the cash. kids love to build stuff so this seems like a pure win. Hasbro is foolish fort not fully supporting the TF Kreon toy line with a cartoon series. If I were hasbro I'd cancel rescue bots & do a Kreon TF cartoon series. So far I only though Last year bigger Starscream & This years bigger vortex build kits were worth buying. I may or may not buy the Kreon combiners. Not interested in that $70+ build it kreo Devestator.

I think Hasbro is foolish for not giving the classics & Generations toy lines their full support by making them main lines supported by a media cartoon series. these lines sell well yet they've been side lines for years. I really want to see a full blown generations toy line with all the sizes & bigger sizes like voyagers,ultra,super,leaders & supreme's. Having a classics/generations styled cartoon on the Hub to help promote & sell these toys.

2. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Even though some pretty awesome stuff is coming up, I have yet to see ONE Vehicon. One.

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Not really, no

I mean, Prime's alright, but its very far from ideal for me

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone who doesn't like the amazing job the IDW writers are doing on MtMtE especially looses absolutely all credibility with me about anything else.

-ZacWilliam, it is by far the best TF fiction we have ever had. Just stunningly great every issue.

5. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I thought one aired back in 1984 or so?

6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly don't see me collecting or being quite as present in the world of TF's if the trends continue.

the toys have gone away from the things I liked and the over saturation of a few key characters means that I have less to look forward to. only things from Hasbro that have kept me interested are the more collector focused items but even then i cant say I have the same interest that I did 5 years ago.

comics actually seem to be quite good but my local stores don't seem to care unless its around the time of a movie/hit show or its Marvel or DC. So actually getting them for me seems to be a problem (not a big deal trade packs help)

Prime... I want to like this show more. But its just not living up to what I want. Rescue bots? never watched it have no plans to start clearly it was never supposed for me so I cant really moan.

I really want something to come along and blow my mind and spark my interest all over again but I dont see that happening for some time.

7. gregles

gregles quintesson

there is some bad things like all the bumblebee repaints and the fact michael bay has got at least two more films in the pipeline but come off it there is still loads of great things going on like transformers prime, more than meets the eye and the fall of cybertron just got released. Its very simple if you don't like something don't buy it

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    *looks at deluxe FOC Optimus Prime*

*looks at deluxe TFA Cybertronian Optimus Prime*

Yeah, I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with that. In Animated we had large deluxes that weren't full of holes, complex but intuitive transformations, and no shortage of paint apps on any figures. I know the aesthetics of animated aren't everyone's favorite, but the build quality, engineering, and size were much better than what we have today.

Animated is pretty much THE line that makes me look at the Prime and FOC lines with disappointment.

I don't like the direction Transformers is going. The three FOC figures I have so far are pathetic, and I pretty much have no hope for the generations line going forward.

The only things in the TF franchise that I am actually enjoying (immensely) right now are the (non-furman) IDW comics, which I have no complaints about. Your complaints about their art and writing literally make no sense to me. While fighting has been sparse lately, I'm loving it. It's a new direction for Transformers fiction that lets the characters shine.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

*cracks neck*

Let's get started...

A spell check would do you wonders.

Read: "Hasbro should only make Transformers toys that only go as small as Voyager class figures, because I say so"

How anybody can take the description that belongs to AHM and apply it to MTMTE is beyond me. Seriously, I'm betting this guy hasn't even read the newer comics because they aren't slavishly dedicated to regurgitating the same old G1 formula where the Autobots and Decepticons are at war on Earth to the point of a stalemate, but instead exploring new material on the culture of what would happen when the damn war actually DID end.

Also, both Rung and Swerve automatically invalidate anything criticizing MTMTE.

Yes, because G1 comics are totally all about "ME GRIMLOCK BADASS" and not giving other authors a chance.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This just continues to prove you don't bother doing any research. Hell, you don't even appear to know the deal with Dreamwave. Pat Lee was/is a hack artist who didn't actually draw much of the DW G1 comics. Rather, his work was ghosted by a man named Alex Milne.

The same Alex Milne who does a lot of freelance work for IDW's stuff like MTMTE.

Also, there tended to be GLARING errors in much of the art that was made under Pat Lee at Dreamwave. Like this one where Prime's head is somehow twice as high as it should be;
    [​IMG]

Yes, because you can't tell a good story without robots constantly fighting.

("adulty"?)

1. Rescue Bots was confirmed by the head writer to be in continuity with Prime.

2.[​IMG]
    This man did more in a single 2-episode span than M.E.C.H. ever did in its entire existence. Namely the part where he didn't need alien technology to build his own transforming robot. He also conquered Earth in a separate timeline with his own robot army and in the current timeline is still at large, while Silas is arguably in a much worse position at the moment.

3. Cody does a hell of a lot more than about half the human cast of Prime combined.

If you were Hasbro, you'd have driven it straight into the f***ing ground, to paraphrase Dr. SMOOV's Optimus Prime. Just like every other fan who thinks they know what's best for Hasbro despite their "ideas" being 100% sself serving, such as you obvious desire to kill RB's because you don't like them being aimed at kids.

Hasbro doesn't even need to make those toys to stay profitable. The fact they DO keep making them is a service to the fandom you repeatedly take for granted like it's some kind of obligation. Hasbro could kill the Transformers franchise right now and they'd be okay.

Because they're supplemental to the mainline series. How hard is this for you to understand?

Read: "I have no concept of how to run a toy franchise as big as Transformers, especially the part about budgeting and money."

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    "Hasbro, your toys are so horrible that you shall only be receiving money for four of them! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

But back on topic, of course things aren't going exactly "my way".

-The whole First Edition fiasco really rustled my jimmies.
    -I wanted DotM to be the end of Bayformers and for the movies to be rebooted. Welp...
    -My local stores have had such minimal/inconsistent stock of Transformers figures for the past few years, that I've literally purchased any figure I've wanted from a friend who orders it online. Never from an actual store.
    -The sporadic airing of the first season episodes of TFP.
    -My daily trips to TFW2005 are getting worse and worse; so many arguments and stupid threads and insults.

But I'm a glutton for punishment, and it's my solemn duty to continue to like Transformers despite all of this. :D 

And there's probably not many people out there who'd say that it is going "there way". Thousands upon thousands of fans out there, each with their own wants for the franchise, each with their own subjective views on the franchise. X isn't to their liking. Or Y wasn't released early enough for them. Or they can't believe they're making another Z. And that's why there will never be a series that satisfies all fans. That's why there will never be a live-action film that everyone likes. That's why certain figures sell better than others. It takes all kinds.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To be perfectly fair today's TF figures aren't the first ones to be smaller then the ones in Animated. Many BW figures even some of the eariler Classics were just as small as the Prime figures. Also that Animated's line was actually fairly huge then many of the other figures at the time even against the ROTF and HFTD line as well as Generations not to mention having a different style helps drives this in more. So in a way Animated's a little too different to compaire to today's lines by those facts.

As for the toys well sure we have some flaws in the FOC and Prime lines but then doesn't almost every line? Most of the qualty in my opinion is actually fine. Some figures feel a bit lighter yes but not to the point of breakage. The transforamtions for both lines is honestly just as compelling as Animated's like how the RID Vehicon transforms for instance that's a stroke of genuis.

We're having some down times true but we also had the Power Masters years in the past and we were able to get by that. We're also in a depression so once that's through we'll see more bigger toys again.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Yeah, they're called scout class figures, and frankly when all of my PCC commanders (approx. scout sized) are better toys at a lower MSRP paid than most of the Prime line at a higher MSRP, something is wrong.

Animated's designs look damn near impossible to translate into toys, and yet almost all of that line was a hit, with Prowl still reigning as one of the most articulated figures the franchise has ever produced.

Prime's designs are 3D models that HAVE to have some semblance of a workable transformation, and more often than not this is not accomplished in the toys. Part of the problem here actually IS the style of the show, where the vehicle form parts fold inwards to create pieces of the robot mode. There's also no excuse as to why a good number of paint apps are missing from many figures, such as Knock out's gold/yellow rims since he has two gold paint apps on the hood vents or, as a MUCH more broader scale, why every single deluxe class figure based on show characters sans Airachnid and the FE's DON'T have a single faction symbol on them. For example; Deluxe Wheeljack's little collarbone piece that flips up into place is exactly the place to put a faction symbol, as it's hidden in alt. mode, and yet Hasbro skimped out on that little detail, while Airachnid gets molded Decepticon symbols despite her status as one being extremely questionable at this point.

Most of the older figures aren't hollow in every single space they could cut plastic from the mold without compromising the figure's structure.

They replaced many of the wheels being held on by metal pins with plastic clip wheels that don't roll nearly as well.

Clearly, since he's extremely hard to find, while Bumblebee's transformation must be extremely boring as he's still shelfwarming.

I'm pretty sure the perpetually climbing price of oil has something to do with price hikes and shrinking toys, and that's not so easily solved.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2011 was a good year for me. 2012 not so much. A lot of the season 2 TFP episodes have been crappy and I'm not looking forward to a bunch of the toys coming out. Just random ass non-show characters (while the ones actually from the show are Japan exclusives) and shitty redecos of FOC crap. Also the distribution is horrible. Canada still doesn't have wave 2 of PRID. 2012-2013 toys better than Animated toys? LOL not even close for me. And there's also Scourge, a toy I was looking forward to, being a TFCC exclusive packed with a bunch of other figures I have no interest in. The only things looking up this year are the MPs and the IDW comic.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's also the Classics Seeker mold,CHUG Rodimus Prime,Generations Wheeljack,and Movie 1 Blackout and Bonecrusher were just as tall as Prime's figures. So I don't see how that's a big problem.

Having an almost impossible look for Animated was the intended style for the show too and yet like you said made many amazing toys. If it was able to do that then Prime can manage it too.

Many of the FE figures like Optimus,Bulkhead,Bumblebee,and Starscream,as well as a couple of RID figures like Wheeljack and Vehicon were able to be incrudbley show accurate as well as having good transformation schemes.

Like how not all of today's figures are hallow in every space.

They seem to roll fine so far for me. At least they're not coming out easly.

Bumblebee's transformation's not that hard to figure out so of course it's not a shocker like the Vehicon.

It takes time. It took a while for Hasbro to get back on it's feet during the early to mid 90's before Beast Wars.

15. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me, Transformers has become shit. I can't find it enjoyable anymore. Even MTMTE, the best TF fiction ever, only gets a "meh" response.

16. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I have to agree with Valkysas. The Animated toys, while having designs that look like they'd be impossible to make into toys, actually work really well. Today's Generations and RID Prime toys are disappointing, to say the least. And some of the toys we'll be getting in the near future don't even interest me at all.

:lolol  I don't read the comics, and even I have to say that's stupid.

Rescue Bots IS meant for younger kids. You do know that, right? And unlike the Playskool Gobots, Rescue Bots had a cartoon that lasted for more than four episodes. AFAIK, Rescue Bots seems to be doing quite well. Maybe if you watched the show, you'd see why.

Yeah, a Classics cartoon would be great. Oh wait, we already have one!

Look, the Classics/Generations line is for collectors who grew up with the original toys and want their favorite toys to get an update. But you can't expect it to be the only Transformers toyline; of course it's gonna be a subline. It's there to help the main toyline as a backup of sorts.

Ditto. Between Transformers Prime's disappointing second season, Michael Bay coming back to direct Transformers 4, the possibility of a Transformers 5, and the lackluster toys, I'm ready to call it quits.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    2012 has been a great TF year for me.

MP-11, MP Thundercracker, FoC Starscream, Prime toys....on and on and on.

18. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

I dont think its going exactly how everyone wants it. Not to say its going badly, but not perfect either.

19. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Not too much. I like the Prime show but as of yet I have not pulled the trigger on buying any of the toys. I have not bought the WFC figure that I want (Shockwave) mainly due to the higher prices, actually the higher prices are playing a factor in my collecting overall. They seemed to have moved away from the classics styled TFs my TF collecting is based on so I'm kind of in limbo right now. I could collect a few older figures on the 2nd market I guess.

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The movies have become characterless not-Decepticon slaughters. And unless a sign of improvement comes, I'm not paying to see TF4. I haven't even bought a DOTM DVD.

Prime is repetitive, wasteful Decepticon slaughters. But at least I'm willing to call the villains Decepticons. So that's something. But they constantly build up or over hype plots that they're only going to drop in a couple of episodes. And even if that didn't put me off, in an episodic show, you have to follow characters instead of plot. However the characters I want to follow, the Decepticons, are idiotic failures that die way too often.

I want to see another Beast Wars series. However that's largely due to the writing. I literally am scared of what Jeff Kline will do if that's what Beast Hunters is.

the current IDW comics I can not comment on as I've only just started reading them. Although so far, I'm loving All Hail Megatron. I guess you have to be a huge Decepticon fan to appreciate it.

The toys are currently going to hell. The downsizing still hasn't stopped and more and more things that should get a proper release are becoming exclusives. And the gimmicks have gone from bad to worse. Although Cyberverse is getting pretty good.

But there is some good. The High Moon games are pretty good and Rescue Bots is good for what it is. And like I previously said, I like Cyberverse (although I think I'll buy them online rather than pay 20 bucks locally) and I do like what I have read of the IDW comics.

So while I hate most the stuff going, there is just enough good to keep me interested in Transformers until things get better.