Is Encore really "back"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

After reading about the Encore release of G1 Devastator, I saw several posts saying that the Encore line is coming back but was this ever officially announced by HasTak?
    I ask because I don't remember reading anything about Encore returning last year when it was announced that Piranacon and Predaking were going to be reissued. I collect only G1 so if Encore is being resurrected I'm excited but I don't want to start jumping up and down if the G1 Devy release is just another separate release like the two combiners from last year.
    Would appreciate any info.

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Piranacon was a domestic release, thus not released in the country that produced the encore line to begin with. Predaking as well, was part of the "Welcome to 2010" subline, along with Classic Sons of Cybertron, Primus, Unicron, and Masterpiece Rodimus (I think).

I'm confused, though. If you collect only G1, which Piranacon, Predaking, and Devastator are... why would you be turned off from purchasing them if they're not an Encore release?

3. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Gawd I hope it's back. They need to keep this line going because there is indeed a faithful core following for G1 products.

Since the absence of G1 Encores, my attention span has been pulled away to other lines like Soul of Chogokin. It's just the old school in me.

4. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Encore

I sure HOPE it's back, I LOVE reissues. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how many Devastators I want.

5. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I think it's great that all three have been reissued and could care less if they're considered Encore or any other reissue name they use. Just as long as we have a chance to get some G1 reissues new!

6. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I hope it's back as well. I want them to continue releasing the encore cassettes combiners. I don't ever expect the Dino cassettes though.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Encore does have the slight advantage of some Tampographs replacing the labels this was a big advantage on vehicles with stickers on them that likes to peel a bit like G1 Ironhide.

I hope that is a brand new Devastator and not just a reissue at the insane price they seem to want to charge that is not really worth anywhere near that amount. It's not like a 2nd hand devastator costs a fortune. the individual Constructicons are as cheap as chips really. Only thing is you have to worry your not buying an undersized fake.

I think the KO Upscaled Devastator got me more excited than a straight reissue would. as devastator was always to small for my tastes as he's smaller than Blaster & Shockwave.

8. Omegatron Prime

Omegatron Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope it is; with with reissue of g1 one optimus and megs with their dotm counterpart and devastator i hope it's a trend with g1 toys as i've found myself liking the g1 aesthetic and how charming some of the g1 figures are :) 

9. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How much was Devy in the 80s when he hit store shelf's? LoL

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I suspect the line isn't back so much as it's never really left, just slowed down to a release or two every year. I don't expect to see Devastator start a new wave of reissues, but I do think that we'll still get the occasional one every so often when Takara Tomy decides they have something they want to put out.

11. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS. Can't be back if you were never gone. There is no set timeline for Encore releases.

12. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

@kiyoshioni You might be interested in checking out KOToys.com they are getting ready to release KO's of the dino cassettes.

13. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I hope. I remember reading rumors on TFW months (years?) ago that a Trypticon reissue might be in the works. I lost track of the story and don't know if it was ever debunked, but I would love to get a new Trypticon to replace my junker. I kick myself for not picking up Gigastorm when he was available for a reasonable price.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i hope so, i kind of want to go back and get some of the other encores as well

15. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Constructicons, merge for the kill!

16. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I would not buy it if its not a encore or high quality g1 ko reissue box. But the encore line is my favorite official line ever. I hope this line keeps going even though the others didnt sell so well. If encores dont come through then the g1 ko reissues will cover me.

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Who cares?

Fact is, new G1 reissues are coming out. You shouldn't care so much about a name and packaging, when the most important part is the toy inside. And the fact that it's Devastator, which is a toy that hasn't once been reissued, SHOULD BE the most prominent aspect in all of this. Not whether or not TakaraTomy is going to continue with a name and logo on the package.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara did randomly pick up at least one line (Binaltech) after seemingly canceling it/putting it on indefinite hiatus before, so I guess there's precedent for this, sort of. I only assume Encore is back at this point because, if they're going to reissue Devastator, why bother using the Encore packaging unless they want to release at least a few more things under that line? They could've easily just released it as a stand alone reissue (Galvatron, Star Convoy) or even within a mini-subline (2010 Predaking). It'd be weird to use Encore for just ONE random set, about two years after the last Encore release. Hell, Devastator would've been a great way to kick off an entirely new reissue line too, had they wanted to go that route.

19. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I care :p 

B'coz that means we'll see more reissues coming our way real soon.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

That makes no sense.

Until Takara sees no money being made from Reissues, there will be Reissues. Being under a label of "Encore" doesn't mean anything one way or another. It's just a logo slapped onto a G1 package, and a name to market the toys under.

I wasn't around back then, but was everyone this nonsensical when the TFCollection line was dwindling down? Because "oh noez!11!!! No moar re-isshoes!!!1!"