Is encore Prime THAT hard to find?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rod, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Ive got a buddy in Japan, and he says he's having a hell of a time securing an Encore Prime for me. Was he shortpacked or where there production delays? what gives?

2. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

None of those were reported.

Just purchase one from TFSource.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    That's what I did.

4. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

5. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
  6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I saw tons of optimus prime encores in Hong Kong in the last three weeks. But I heard from many people that the quality of him is very very poor. I was advised not to get him.

7. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm keeping encores MISB as display pieces, but I still hope that is not true.

8. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    Same here, I'm just using the encore line as display pieces since I do have all the vintage versions of them. But still, optimus prime plastic quality is very poor from what I heard so far.

9. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well then it is definately staying in the box then. I Headmaster Junior Convoy and New Years Convoy to display loose.

I don't have vintages of the others to display loose, just previous re-issues. I do hope ratchet and Ironhide have decent plastic, but I'll probally be leaving them in boxes too.

10. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

What about the other Encore figures? I ordered Megatron & Soundwave but not Prime.

11. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    I didn't hear anything about those two so I really can't comment on that. But then again, I didn't hear anything bad about then. So they are probably fine. I hope.

Yeah, planning to get ironhide and ratchet but will leave them sealed in the box since they are not my favorite figures.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I posted in the feedback topics for convoy and megatron about my QC problems with both figures. I'll run down my problems again though, noting that I discovered these problems immediately after opening them:

Convoy-
    one eye is not painted all the way, and looks like it's winking.
    blue paint on feet chipped off on corners
    top of chrome tanks on legs chipped
    gouges on bottoms of lower arms where the parts were taken off the sprue

Megatron-
    does not fit into gun mode properly, there are gaps between his arms and body in gun mode, which causes his scope to point slightly upward.
    stress marks visible on handle
    the piece inside his body that catches the trigger in gun mode is bent, and so I have to push the back part of his body down first so it maneuvers around the hole it goes into, and then the front down.

Soundwave-
    Laserbeak has to be carefully squeezed into soundwave's chest, because he does a terrible job at compacting himself in tape mode. his wings stick up. his right weapon does not fit into the hole on his back, it just sits in there loose. With Soundwave, there is some over-spray from his mouth plate in the space between it and his eyes. the chrome on the edges of his buttons is chipped.

Starscream-
    100% flawless.

I'm happy with all of them, though.

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

That's the same problem many of us with the Hasbro Soundwave reissue had, concerning Laserbeak's wings. Guess something's going wrong with that mold.

14. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Is the issue with the right leg? I have the kiss cassette set with Sundor (Laserbeak recolor) and the right leg won't fold all the way up. It looks like the leg (not the foot) is too short.

Disappointing that the recent Laserbeak has the same issue. I guess I'll still have to get him in addition to the rest of the G1 Con cassettes.

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Wow that is all so, minor. If peeps are throwing shit-fits over that kind of trivial stuff. Too fussy.

16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I'm almost positive on the right side, but didn't really study it enough, so it could have been the leg and not the wing with the problem. Either way, it causes the wing to jut out rather than combine smoothly in cassette mode. It would certainly make sense that Sundor has the same problem. Dunno if reissue Buzzsaw was also like that.

I wouldn't consider it enough of a dealbreaker to track down an original; with a bit of work, it'll fit in a chest just fine. As you probably know, it doesn't affect being in the tape case.

I will mention that, to the best of my knowledge, the Hasbro Laserbeak had no problems with the hole for the right weapon.

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think he's in short supply or anything. The only hard to get Transformers I hear now are new Bumblebee and the repaint shoe Convoy. Might depend on where he is. Some retailers aren't stocking many TFs due to the poor sales of previous lines.
    If your friend lives in Japan TRU jp online has Convoy in stock with free shipping :) 

edit; I am happy with my Encore Convoy and Megs, though Convoy has shitty eye paint :D 

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

To me it just looks like he's givin' the cons "the eye." :D 

19. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    I'm happy with my Encore Megs. The only thing I don't like is that they're staying too true to the original, in keeping the plastic leg hinges. I'd feel much safer if they were made of metal. I've only transformed him once to put stickers on him, and I probably won't transform him again. The hinges bent when transforming the legs, so I was afraid of breaking them.

20. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not short-packaged but its quite cheap in Japan Y 5680 so translate that to $ and its really cheap so people are buying in 3's and 4's because where else can you get G1 Prime at that price? I mean long smokestacks, G1 box style, silver roller. Its pretty much common sense to me that a lot of people are going to buy this.