Is Ebert Contradicting Himself?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trell, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, you were doing a far better job all by yourself(sorry, couldn't resist).

In all fairness, you're claiming personal offense that some guys get paid to write their opinions about movies. Think about that for a while.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright then. I dare you. :) 

Write a review for Revenge Of The Fallen. Then post it in this thread.

Remember, a review is your personal opinion, so it can be positive or negative. I will not judge the review on that point. But I'd really love to see you try and write down arguments WHY you feel that way about the movie.

Review ROTF as a movie critic reviewing movies - weighing all pros and cons about the movie, what works, what doesn't. Don't review ROTF as a Transformers fan by saying things like 'none of the flaws matter because it has Optimus Prime', or something like that (this is just an example of what could happen, not saying you will use this as an argument).

:thumbs2: 

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just because you don't like what critics have to say does not mean that they are not professional people that other people find useful.

Generally a paid film critic is someone who has studied film, watched a variety of films not just specializing in only one type, and at some point presented a resume of work to an editor to prove why they are better at their job than the other people that could be hired.

I'm sorry but if we are talking deluded then just go to the mirror. When critics don't say exactly what you want them to say you come out like you alone can decide that critics are not professionals who provide a useful service to society.

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Lol I meant in RL just talk about it in 10 seconds. Sorry my bad for not phrasing that right.