Is classics Megatron selling well?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gamer, Nov 7, 2006.

1. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

when i first saw it i didn't think it would cause he dosen't look like G1 Megatron

2. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, every place around here, if any Voyager sized Classics are sitting around, its Prime. Megs is sold out everywhere. Similarly, it doesn't seem like they can give Classics Astrotrain away.

3. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

im not sure if i want Megatron yet or not

4. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Megatron was the last classic I found, around here he seems to be the hardest to get. Now that I have him I can see why though, I think he's an outstanding figure.

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've only found Classics Megatron once and I bought him. He's great.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Well, can't really say around here since our dinky little town's sole source for toys (Walmart) is content to ride Cybertron until Christmas

7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I got Classics Megs the other day. I wanted to get it but I wasn't totally excited about it. Anyhow, after five minutes fiddling with the toy I only got one thing to say...

Just like Prime is always a Truck/Firetruck/utility vehicle... Megs must now always be a gun. ALWAYS. From here on out, till the end of time, Megs must ALWAYS BE A GUN.

Please Hasbro! Please Takara! No more tank/ship/dragon/t-rex Megatrons. Strictly guns and blasters.

Special bonus points if you could actually make the gun shoot pellets like in G1.

Classics Megs is now my 'anti-traffic' ray gun. I just hope I don't get shot at or pulled over by a cop when I'm 'shooting' cars that are in my way... :) 

Yes, Classics Megs will forever be holstered by my parking brake, next to my seat. Easy access in case I need zap someone... ;) 

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I only bought Classics Nerfatron so that I can eventually have it repainted in proper non-eyesore colors and have those damn wings removed. The toy itself has great articulation, seconded only to Classics Prime, but it's still disgusting to look at with the other Classics so far.

I also don't like the way he absolutely towers over Starscream & Astrotrain. The size proportion of the Autobots, however, is awesome. Prime being the biggest, then Rodimus, then Bumblebee. It works for them, whereas the 'Cons seem off.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In my area, All Classics are selling briskly so far, and have been for weeks now. Megatron seems to sell out quicker than Optimus, which I find surprising, but maybe the kiddies love weapons.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    classics megatron is so evil hes making guns trendy amongst the kids again, yay!

pew pew, pew

11. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

That's weird. I just stopped by a Target that had no Prime, but lots of Megatrons.

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I've been to a TRU that had 1 Prime and no Megs (and all the deluxes), and a wal-mart that had a fairly equal amount of Primes and Megs. Megatron is the only Classic I've bought so far cos I have very limited funds, and I knew that the first gun Transformer in 20 years would impress me.

I honestly dont mind his colors at all. Purple, black, and off-white? Sounds like a great Decepticon palette to me. I did remove the wings though, not because I hated them, but because they made him top heavy, and he looks more agile without them (very sleek).

13. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Every where I go there's very few Classics on the shelves, and when there are, it's almost always Astrotrain. Sad, really, he's not that bad of a figure.

14. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

lol
    stuff like this makes me want to spraypaint my real steel .357 a bunch of neon colors and see what happens when i walk outside and start pointing it at people.

lol
    ok not really.

but in my area (the navy base in yokosuka japan), we have only had classics for about a week. when i saw them, i bought the last prime and SS, there was 2 astrotrains and 2 megs left.
    ALMOST bought megs but i have a special plan in the works...

and i LOVE how he towers over the rest of the cons.
    he is the LEADER. should be sized appropraitely. then he can really put SS in his place and tell him to STFU lol

15. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

I've yet to see Classic Megatron at retail. I've seen plenty of Primes, and the deluxes are pretty easy to find (Bumblebee seems to be the rarest, Astrotrain the most common). It seems to be a very rapidly selling line of Transformers.

16. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    He is selling about the same as Prime, but we only have Classics in one store here so far. Seems if someone buys Prime, they also buy Megs.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Same situations here. Megatron is definitely outselling Prime, and Astrotrain is shaping up to be the line's major shelf-warmer.

18. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

In my area there aren't really ANY classics left already...

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Classics Optimus Prime is doinig better than Classics Megatron here (Nothern VA). Bumblebee seems to be the lead seller though.

20. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same story here. I've seen both, but more Primes. The hardest deluxe to find was Starscream for me, and understandably. He's a great toy.

-Tony!