Is Catwoman/Selina Kyle the sexiest anti-heroine in comics?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by HordakFan, Nov 16, 2011.

1. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

I do! i always adored this chick since i was 7 23 years ago when i was reading my brothers DC and Marvel comics as i saw her in Batman, i fell in love with her and even with her Julie Newmar version when i watched reruns of the 60's show on TV. It was her with Evil-Lyn, Catra from She-Ra and Nightshade from COPS that were the sexiest fictional villain chicks i've ever seen.

However, when i was 11 i fell for the blonde version of Selina when i saw Batman Returns 4 times in theaters featuring one of my celebrity crushes Michelle Pfeifer and the blonde TAS version as well but the brunette version is still sexy as hell.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Michelle Pfeifer was so great as Catwoman, and so was the character itself. Catwoman's also one of the most memorable for me, so yeah, I'd go down on her being the sexiest.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I like Catwoman a lot, but I also like Black Cat(from Spiderman) and Batgirl quite a bit too. Throw in Wonder Woman and Miss Martian(on Young Justice) and this becomes a little tougher to decide who's the hottest.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except for occasionally Black Cat, none of those are "anti-heroines".

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Please don't end up like a "Fill in here" Arcee thread.

6. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Oops. I kinda missed the anti part of the title.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I have to go with Huntress on this one. I'd say she's violent and renegade enough to count as an anti-hero.

8. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

What do you think of Catra from She-Ra or Cheetah on Superfrends? i adored them both as a kid. There's also Demona, Ivy, Huntress, Black Cat, Android 18Wicked/Black/Dark Lady, B-Ko and Harley when it comes to other sexy bad chicks i like including Baroness and Red Claw.

Don't worry, it won't be like that fill in Arcee thread.

I find Selina Kyle aka Catwoman sexy in any version over the years since i was 8 such as 70's version ( i read some reprints at some of my city's comic stores at that age), 80s version, 90s version, Frank Miller version, Pfefier version, Newmar version, Lee Meriwhether version, blonde TAS version, brunette TAS version, The Batman version, video game versions including the new one, Brave and The Bold version, Filmation version (I use to watch some of Filmation's DC heroes when i was 9 on Cartoon express). Hell, i even thought the Tyger Tyger cat-girl version (Remember that TAS episode?) was *wolf whistle* when i was 11, in a Cheetara, Cleo or Jenny from Bucky O'Hare kind of way if you know what i mean, lol.

Ann Hathaway is cute i gotta admit and i think she will fit the role that Newmar, Meriwether, Pfefier, Andrienne Barbeau, Eliza Dushku etc. and will be better than Halle Berry, hot chick but terrible Catwoman she was.

I still think Eva Green or Mary Elizabeth Winstead (after being convinced by her performance in The Thing prequel) would have made good Selina Kyles/Catwomen but Ann should do a good role for it despite i wanted her originally to be Lois Lane for the new Superman movie.

9. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I love Catwoman. The new DC revamp is such a great read! She is quite sexay!

Have you seen the way they're drawing Starfire in the new Red Hood and the Outlaw books?! She's definitely up there now!!!

10. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

powergirl...always had a crush on her...:crazy: 

11. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

YES. Those um upper orbs:drool: 

12. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

thats part of the reason..:lol :eek: :wink: :D :rolleyes: ...i also dig the fact she's was/is kinda a loose cannon/tough as nails/a strong female who doesnt take shit from no one/always has an attitude and cocky as all hell..but yeah sex appeal is off the charts..not to mention those nice..... eyes of hers...LOL..

13. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

not cat woman, I might go with enchantress or black cat

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I like Black Cat more. She's so meowy :) 

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, attitude is definitely a big part of it too. I mean, with all of these drawings being hot as hell, it's really not just about looks, especially when it comes to characters that we've grown up with & seen countless incarnations of.

16. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Agreed.

17. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Eh. Catwoman has nothing on Harley Quinn and Huntress, though.

But I still like her.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    While I agree, I don't really consider Harley an anti-heroine.

As for Catwoman, I grew up with TAS, where she was tough, independant and as clever as Batman at times. While she wasn't beyond using her feminity as a weapon, she was very reserved and never extended past flirting. However when I found out how Catwoman was being portrayed in the relaunch I felt... bad. Seeing a character I always identified as strongwilled and professional acting so... needlessly provocative rubbed me the wrong way. And apon research I found that is not entirely without precedant.

So unfortunately no, I can not say Catwoman is the sexiest anti-heroine. Sexy isn't flashing your cleavage everywhere or acting excessively provocative for no reason other than to titilate the reader.

19. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Well, in B:TAS, she'd switch from time-to-time. Mostly when she'd switch sides is when she wants to get back at the Joker.