Is Cartoon Network gonna do future series???

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I came up with a question in another thread. Do you think or know if Cartoon Network will continue to make future TF series or will they get somebody else? The thought of them keeping Cartoon Network attached to this franchise really makes me sick.:yuck  Please tell me this is just a one shot type of thing. I can get through this if it's a one time thing but I won't be able to take it if they continue to use CN.

2. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I'll say it before and I'll say it again. CN tends to run series into the ground and then won't show new episodes for what seems like years. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl is suffering right now, just like the PowerPuff Girls did in its hey-day.

Hopefully Hasbro will tell these guys to agree to make more episodes. Or it will be "total ownage, n00b!" :crazy: 

3. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

My main problem is the BTAS, Clone Wars, Samurai Jack,Teen Titan's style used on EVERYTHING.

I shouldn't really complain about Animated, I just watched the entre R.I.D. series & that was just plain awful. I had a hard time getting through it. And Energon wasn't much better.

4. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I really dun think Teen Titans would fit in too well with Clone Wars, but I kind of see the point. ^^;

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if animated does well, yes, if it doesn't, chances are no.

but if animated flops, the franchise might flop too, so, there's always that possibility too, that hasbro might abandon the cartoon thing all together.

so, i would rather have a cartoon, like animated, then no cartoon. lol

6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Clone Wars and Teen Titans are two distinctively different styles.

7. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

If animated flops, then Transformers 2 will bring TFs back into the limelight.

If THAT flops... we're boned.

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Yeah, they sure look different! Same eyes, same mouths, same hands, same bodies! Yup! Totally different styles. My bad!
    [​IMG]

I thought it was already a success. There's still a chance of it flopping???

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way I see that happening is if they want to do TFA 2 or something.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd presume the relation between Cartoon Network and Hasbro will continue as long as it remains mutually beneficial. Hell, they've technically had something going since Armada - Animated is just the first series that CN is doing more than only distributing.

Personally, I see the style as closer to "THE Batman" rather than "Batman:TAS".

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think CN will probably be doing TF for a while now, Hasbro wanted to get away from the lengthy drawn out anime shows that weren't really suited for the West.

12. Dolza_Khyron

there is a chance of it flopping in the second season, yes.

or people, mainly children, loosing interest in transformers.

due to something new, like a yugioh-inuyasha-pokemon-naruto fad comes around again.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I hope CN does more. TF:A is great.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

You just listed three *entirely* different animation styles, all of which were insanely popular as well I might add. While I may not like how animated looks myself, the styles they used worked for those other shows perfectly.

Animated is already a success and I see no signs of that changing. The second season starts this saturday and kicks it off by introducing more Autobots and more Decepticons.

...you need to have your eyes examined :peoples: 

Edit: Sorta misread this, but the point still stands. They've been airing new episodes of all those shows while pumping out new merchandise for all of them for years. Pokemon and them aren't any more of a 'fad' then Transformers themselves are.

15. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm hoping Animated gets at least 2 more seasons, if not more after that. I also hope that when they go and do a different show, that they stick with Cartoon Network, or at the very least, not go back to the people who made Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. I'd rather not have episodes full of stock futage transformations, and a toy line where pretty much every toy had the same basic gimmick, and those who don't are either repaints from other lines, or too small for said gimick to fit into them (or they happen to be a part of the gimmick, like the minicons).

17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Hasbro is going to continue to make Western-produced shows developed with the same company that provides distribution, there really aren't all that many places TO go other than Cartoon Network.

Aside from Time Warner, there's really only Viacom and Disney.

18. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    If you mean will CN do the next series after Animated finishes its run? Considering the success of Animated, it is quite possible, but I have yet to hear any statements to that effect. CN and Hasbro will probably ride this wave all the way to the shore first.

Now that would be a weird show...

Transformers: Disney!

"See the heroic Mickey Prime battle the evil MegaPete for the fate of the Magic Kingdom!"

Where's KA? I'd love a pic of that.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Zie: true, but don't forget, pokemon, made a HUGE impact on armada. which something similar could happen to animated, something huge comes up, and hasbro wants to try to cash in, thus change the direction of animated.

after all don't forget, if it wasn't for pokemon, we wouldn't of had, the entire, armada series, little alone, minicons.

transformers isn't really a fad, because it's never been a hugely popular thing.

to children that is. unlike Yugioh, which was huge at one point.

but eventually died down, and died pretty quickly.

but transformers, hasn't.

so it's not really a fad.

anything could happen, another transforming robot show, could come along, and replace the like for transformers among kids, like, a new gundam series, or machine robo or something lol.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hasbro and Cartoon Network have co-designed this entire series. Hasbro Transformers designer Eric Siebenaler and (please forgive me) the guy in charge of the character design at Cartoon Network basically sit down and come up with what you eventually see on the screen.

The cool thing is that Marty Isenburg isn't just asked to write something about this and peace ... he's actually included as part of the "development" team of Cartoon Network, meaning Hasbro goes "Hey! How about this being thrown in an episode?" and Marty replies back "Totally! How do you like this?" and Hasbro goes "Awesomesauce!".

I haven't heard of any Transformers series before this one ever having this much communication between the people making the toys and the people making the cartoon. This show is actually a blessing, because we have Transformers fans writing a Transformers cartoon that's fresh, new, and quite possibly one of the best series for this franchise since it's original conception.

That said, I see Cartoon Network and Hasbro working together on a lot more projects than just Transformers in the future.