Is big lots devastator worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GingaMagnus, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Besides, you might be able to remedy some of the quality issues with a little DIY work.

2. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

For $9, I thought they were worth it at the time. I even reviewed it a while ago.

In generally, it holds together fairly well in combined mode but the individual toys are pretty low quality

3. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

If you think it is $8 worth of fun to watch plastic break in front of your eyes then buy 2.

4. gregformercy

gregformercy Well-Known Member

Look, I got this guy yesterday. i tightened some screws, superglued some ball joints, I even applied some metallic paint apps. I like him, and for 8 bucks IT WAS A DEAL. You get back what you are willing to put into it kids.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  5. AMG

AMG Old School

The individual bots display well. I bought several 2 packs of them for $1.50 a pop years ago. They're cheap and break/fall apart easy, but you get what you pay for.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have had cheapy Devi in combined mode for years. It makes for a nice cheap stand in until a real Devi fills the spot (NOVEMBER Encore Devi woot woot)

The figures looks a lot better than it feels in hand.

7. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I actually went and bought one because of this thread! He's really solid for one of those Quick Change combiners. Way better than the Superion or Defensor KO's.

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Wait when did these start? I want one.

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He's worth $2, not the $16 I payed. As soon as I removed him from the package, he fell apart. Some of his plastic has already fallen off. I'm going to need to do some serious work if I'm going to make sturdy and make him a real toy, and not just something that falls apart.

10. 2002stanggt

2002stanggt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. gregformercy

People are always knocking the knock offs. He costs 8 bucks. I had a ten on me. I still had change to buy a cheap beer. I did some work to him and I think he's coming along nicely. I really want an original g1. I really do. I also want about 60 other transformers and that's just not going to happen anytime soon on my pay. I even went to culinary school. I'm a big boy now and have big boy bills. Not to ramble on like an old man but I bought this fella for 8 dollars. I used some leftover paint I had from restoring my g1 insecticons and I ordered some reprolabels. Ironically the labels cost more than the set. I put some time into him and I think he will look good. I'm trying to posts pics. To wrap it up I say... if you want a display piece to fill a TEMPORARY spot then buy him. If you want to buy a cheap set to experiment customizing on like I did, buy him. I gaurentee he will mean more to you than that set you paid 500 misb for.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I bought a green version mainly as a place holder (may be permanent positions) because I can't afford the original and I at least wanted to have the mold in my collection. I plan on buying some paint a the reprolabels too. In the sense that he is really cheap reproduction of a classic ( and expensive) mold I say he is worth it. Just don't go into it thinking it is the same quality as the G1 or high end KO's.

13. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Signal Lancer

Big Lots needs a new wave of robots.

3-4 years ago they had Optimal Optimus, Flash Lioconvoy, Heinrad etc... I need to re-find these goodies.

Also, as it is now I am just tired of the same-old bootlegs they have. They needa new wave or three. Mugenbine or something.

14. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I picked one up, then went back and exchanged it because it had to left Devy fists & Bonecrusher came with the same right leg...

They were surprisingly happy to help, and let me open it up to check for the correct parts before I left!

I have the smaller ko version of Devy in green, which I prefer over the larger $8 figure. That one has working arm launchers, and the figures are much closer to their original counterparts (only shorter)...

15. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember reading a while back that Big Lots faced some sort of legal woes for supporting the sales of the bootleg Transformers... and as such the bootlegs you still see sold are very old stock. Chances are that's why you don't see anything outside old G1 KO bots.

16. gregformercy

That's what I thought too but I was just there today and the lady said they just came in. oh by the way, I bought the defensor set finally and it is a total piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took it directly back. Anyway Yeah, they are new. These actually say distributed by Big Lots on the packaging. Big Lots is headquartered here in Columbus so I'm trying to do some research. Theres a new quick changer set of jets that combine into 2 robots. Anyone know what these are the KO's of?

17. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    ^ Duocons?

18. gregformercy

i dunno. i cant tell from the package and the bright rainbow colors.

19. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Signal Lancer

the Quick Change figures also get sent to Family Dollar. I saw the Takatoku Insecticons/Dinosaurs sets exact same as BL sets for $5 at Family Dollar.

20. Mighty One

Mighty One Banned

I haven't opened up my Defensor yet, but I will say I do appreciate a really shitty quality KO. There's something neat about 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.