Is Beast Wars Really That Good?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DeletedUser_119270, Oct 7, 2017.

1. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Gatta give credit, that part is true.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I didn't like it initially. I hated the animal heads on the robot modes like Waspinator and Silverbolt.

And I thought some of the voices like Rattrap and Dinobot were grating.

I actually liked Beast Machines more at first as it seemed more mature in the writing.

Back then I wasn't collecting Transformers. When I did get back on 2002, I was drawn to anything TF related. I picked up Spittor with a free BW on bus and it was season 2.

It seemed better than I remember. Then I picked up a UK dvd featuring 7 episodes starting with Agenda.

When I saw Megatron enter the Ark, I hadn't been as excited since I saw the 86 movie in the cinema.

I was hooked and got the Rhino box sets. Even my first fiancee at the time enjoyed watching them with me.

To answer your question, it is that good.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is one of the greatest tf show ever.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

My Thoughts On Unwatched G1 Episodes

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Beast Wars is what I started with in Transformers. My very first Transformer toy was the Original BW Dinobot and there is a story to it as well if you would like to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry about that. Wrong thread, but back on topic...

In my rewatch of Beast Wars, I'm remembering how the first season got off to kind of a slow start. As others have stated, Prime hit the ground running and then backed off a little bit. But Beast Wars started off slow, and MAN is it ever worth it once the season comes to end, and then you get into seasons two and three.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Story Please!

8. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Once upon a time, Lazerwave went to the store and bought Dinobot. The end.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Lol.

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    No that is not how the story went.

I all started when I was 7 years old, about to turn 8 in about a month. My mom took me and my sister to a play place to crawl in tubes, play in ball pits and watch older kids play Laser Tag. Afterwards, my mom took me and my sister to Toysrus across the street and told me to pick out anything I wanted for my Birthday. I couldn't find anything, until I saw the Beast Wars isle and fell in love with the Dinobot figure. I brought it to my mom and said this is what I want for my Birthday. She just put it back on the shelf and told me to run along. When I was looking at Sailor Moon stuff with my sister, I saw my mom purchasing some stuff, so I knew she was getting me Dinobot.

So for weeks I pointed out the Beast Wars catalog and the Beast Wars commercial. Reminding I want Dinobot for my Birthday.

Then came my Birthday. I had an Animal themed Birthday to hint Beast Wars. While Everyone was playing with the Pinata, I just looked at my Presents guessing which one was Dinobot. After the cake, I finally got to open my presents... But none of them were Dinobot. All I got was Hunchback of Notre Dame toys, Clothes, Board Games and a 3 little pigs VHS. So when the party still continued, I just sat in my room, sad. Felt like crying. When the party was over, my mom came into my room she asked, "Are you upset you didn't get your Dinobot?" I didn't want to tell her the truth, so I just told her about living and dying. That evening, my mom made me my favorite dinner and we watched the 3 little pigs VHS I got to cheer me up.

The next day, since it was summer, my mom gave me homework to do. Suddenly, my mom's best friend comes over for a visit and she brought me 2 late Birthday presents. My mom told me I can open them after my homework. So I finished and I got to opening the presents. The first one was a K'nex set, but the other one was Dinobot.

So now that we are getting MP BW Dinobot in July, it time to rewrite the story for my 30th Birthday.

• Like Like x 5
  11. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Awesome story.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I prefer more BW than BM itself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    It really is. It starts off relatively light-hearted and episodic, but becomes something much more. In regards to Beast Machines, we'll probably never get a show as thought-provoking and dark as BM ever again.

• Like Like x 2