Is Armada good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Onslaught24, May 7, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    so i just got back from gamestop and i had picked up TF Armada for 4.99. wondering what everyone's thoughts were. the guy at the counter was actually a former TF collector. he said he had the largest loose collection in Florida at one point and seemed to have a good knowledge about MP figures. but that's besides the point

2. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a solid experience and for a time was the best Transformers game out there.

Exploring the rather expansive levels and finding new Minicons was fun and it had some rather entertaining boss fights (namely Tidal Wave).

If there were any negatives it'd be that transforming was largely useless and the game can get rather repetitive at times.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. The cutscenes were pretty awesome too. I really enjoyed the one with Starscream--best in the game!

I don't know how I'd feel about the game now with the PS3 games out, but back in the day, that game was awesome, as were the voices:thumb 

4. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    you fight Unicron

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was pretty fun while I had it. I think I got stuck on the Tidalwave level and never felt like continuing.

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    It was challenging and quite unique. Transforming was quite useless unless you were Optimus or Red Alert as you could ram people but otherwise it was for basically just to explore (when you could since there were such thing as dense woods). The levels were varied too - not just real life locations but others further along the game. It's one of my top 5 PS2 games.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Still the best TF game as far as I'm concerned.

Actual creative, diverse, and non-linear level design, strong customization features, and the characters move and act with real weight behind them. Damn good score, too.

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    The weight may actually be one of the best things about the game.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Armada is STILL the best TF game ever made, imo.

WFC may have much, much, muuuuuuuuch better visuals, but for gameplay, Armada stomps a mudhole in it. There's more variety in both what you do in the game and in your surroundings, the transforming seems more useful, and being able to choose your own Minicon abilities based on your gameplay preferences adds a lot.

Also, the Armada boss fights are challenging but fun, as opposed to the WFC boss fights, a lot of which were tedious and dragged out to hell.

And yeah, I loved the non-linear nature of Armada that let you explore. Especially after you get the Minicon that allows you to glide. You climb your way to the highest point in the level and then hang glide to all the hidden spots you couldn't reach before. Holy crap, I liked that. Fun.

The only downsides to the game are that the PS2 graphics are a little outdated at this point, and that the Armada characters aren't everybody's favorite versions. But even as someone who is kind of lukewarm on the Armada cartoon, I really loved this game. Hell, this game made me like the cartoon and toys more than I did. I'll never sell my Tidal Wave and that is probably mostly because of this game.

Can I get a dang witness

Well said.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only downside with the game was the lack of Autobots. I got tired of those three after awhile. Would've been fun to play as Blurr, Smokescreen or Scavenger too :) 

11. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thanks guys. i just beat cyclonus tonight (havent had a lot of time) and he was quite the challenge. i like exploring a lot and the maps are interesting especially since they have uneven terrain unlike WFC. and Orio, i can understand. OP and red alert are my favs and hotshot is alright but after a while i'd prefer someone else. im just scared to fight tidal wave now :lol 

12. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Brings back memories, I loved the boss fights with Tidal Wave and Starscream

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You don't really need to transform at all, but if you don't, you're missing out on a lot of the fun.