Is anyone sick of the "jumping people"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I heard this happens on Halo a lot but I'm tired of Leaders jumping around the screen firing their flipping Fusion Cannons. It's annoying. I swear every Leader I see does it. I mean Jumping makes your weapon LESS ACCURATE.

2. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Don't really need to be accurate with Fusion Cannons... The AoE will do you in.

I'd say bunny hopping is a somewhat legitimate strategy, silly as it may look. Perhaps more so, since everyone can double jump in this game. Won't save them from a Scrapmaker, though.

P.S. - Is there such a thing as rocket jumping in this game? Hmm, maybe I should try it just for kicks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    You can double jump and do a air dash if you have the dash ability.
    So not surpriseing that the bunny hop is popular in this games multiplayer.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    A moving target can be a harder target to hit.

Halo 3 *boing*

5. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

They do it to avoid damage, you also avoid causing yourself splash damage.

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Its annoying, but only because of how ridculously overpowered war cry combined with the fusion cannon is. I know I've done it regularly when I have two or less bars of life left and someone got the drop on me. But then whirlwind is riduclously overpowered as well... how can it hit people in the air?

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as it would be nice to hit a stationary target, it's nice to have a challenge too. People jump to live longer, just as people hide behind objects to dodge bullets? What's the problem?

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Jumping with a weapon that can cause splash damage is a common strategy. It ensures that you don't get any splash recoil and so it's harder for the enemy to dodge. It's used in Halo all the time when a player has a rocket launcher.

9. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    LMAO jumping is very lame i hate when people do it every game has it though because of HALO kids!
    if you played halo enough then ya ur gonna jump.
    a leader with warcry on and the proton cannon(whatever its called) with its splash damage is almost god like.

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Jumping is stupid and useless. Why should someone try to aim at a jumping person, when the blast radius of a weapon hitting an immovable object (walls, the floor, etc.) near the target can be deadly as well :) 

11. The Constructicon

Jumping is far from useless, if someone is shooting the walls/floor around you jumping away like a little frog helps you avoid splash damage from their missed shots as well as your own. Any weapon with considerable splash damage in any game is going to bring out the hoppers.

12. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Its not a bad strategy at all. I do it myself when using the fusion cannon, its quite deadly if done right.

13. Milk & Cheese

Milk & Cheese Banned

What I hate is when I'm shooting at someone and none of the bullets hit them then they turn around and shoot me and all thier bullets hit me and I die, how stupid is that? :D  Also Jumping has been around since Doom/Quake multiplayer. Boils down to the simple fact that the boing boing is tough to bang bang. The easiest way around that is to remember that after the 2nd jump, they can't control where they land, grenades are you friends :D 

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Dude, you gotta stop assuming stuff. Alot of the stuff you think is pointless ends up being very far from it.

15. The Constructicon

People wouldn't do it if it was pointless, if there is a guy right in your face and all you have is a fusion cannon are you going to shoot him point blank and kill yourself in the process or jump backwards and hit him instead?

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Fuck man, I hate it when you fight Ryu or Sagat and all they do is stand back and throw goddamn fireballs at you all day and then when you get close by jumping over them they dragon punch you out of the air. That's so lame yo, so lame, I hate those guys.

17. The Constructicon

XD

I used to get into fireball fights with my friends back in the day, see who slips up first.

18. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Hell I do it. It makes sense in the gaming world. My reasons are:

I temporarily have the advantage as I a shooting from a higher vantage point and

Makes me more difficult to shoot at because I am a moving target.

I don't do it for 30+ secs as it does look odd, but as I walk into the room for the first 1-2 shots so I can guarantee damage. However, it does matter the weapon type you are facing against. Scrapmaker and shotgun (at medium - point blank range) will tag you regardless. I don't aim for person, usually the wall or the area around them. It is in the direction I anticipate thier move. I've headshot someone with a Fusion Cannon that way

:lol  people do it cause if you can't figure out that flowchart, that ass is grass.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I never really had a problem with bunny hoppers, you can still shoot them out of the sky easy enough if you have any kind of rapid fire weapon or anything. Imo, the Ion Blaster up close is more deadly then the Fusion Cannon at any range, especially if the other guy is bunny hopping.

20. The Constructicon

My Leader uses an Ion blaster with a secondary Magma frag launcher.