Is anyone sick of Decepticon being incompetent?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Aug 8, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

After episode 21 I am starting to get sick of the Decepticons always loosing. The lack of capability amongst the Decepticons is really starting to take away from the show.

I Also am uncertain if this will be fixed in season 2 because what we know might mean a Fourth faction. I can only hope it doesn't.

There is also two things I really am starting to hate.
    1) The pathetic Decepticon Troopers. If they are drones called Vehicons I am starting to wonder why they are still being used. If they are generic people than it's just unrealistically stupid that even a rookie like Bee can defeat them.
    2)Megatron never doing anything. He only seems to sit back and let others do his work then yell at them when they fail without his leadership.

2. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    Thread about this: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...n-vehicon-competence-stormtrooper-effect.html
    Maybe not QUITE as bad as everyone assumes, but they could stand to do better.

Megatron's bonkers. I'm not really surprised by anything he does at this point :p 

3. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Agreed, generally. At least TFA made the Decepticons formidable.

Though Airachnid has done pretty well at taking on the 'bots. Most of her fights have been score-draws.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Woah...Woah...Woah.

Prime Megatron is not becoming RID Megatron. He's cooking up something. I think he plans something, we didn't know what Beast Wars Megatron wanted until Season 2.

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Decepticons need to win a bit.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really think the Decepticons are incopetent, they just manage to lose by the end of the episodes, but their plans pretty much always succeed before it gets sabotaged/destroyed, see:

Masters & Students- Managed to revive Skyquake and he actualy kicked ass in combat
    Con Job- Captured and switched Wheeljack, the only reason their plan failed was scraplet attack defects on the space bridge
    Convoy: THERE they got their asses kicked no contest
    Deus ex Machina- They actualy won the first fights of the episode and managed to steal the Harvester until Bulkhead broke it
    Speed Metal- They captured vince but I actualy feel they lost in this one too
    Predatory- Airachnid was just great
    Sick Mind- Megatron managed to get out, that counts as Decepticon victory honestly
    Crisscross- Another great episode with Airachnid
    Metal Attraction- The fights were all even-matched and both Decepticons managed to secure it once
    Partners- Airachnid actualy got the staff and was kicking ass in combat until Bee's badass trick and Starscream not only kicked Arcee's ass but also escaped at the end
    episode 21- They were pretty darn good this episode. Stole the canister even if it was empty, Megatron managed to distract the Autobots just fine while Knockout and Breakdown looked for Bulkhead which they did just fine and would've won if Miko didn't force to make both sides lose. Plus that was one of the few episodes the Vehicons were actualy being a problem in combat.

They don't get to win much at the end of the episode because it's a cartoon, but in the episode itself they're always having victories.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see the Decepticons actually walk away with some sort of tangle goody, but the Decepticons have had victories that resulted in the Autobot's pain. Cliffjumper's death for one, and more recently, Arcee's discovery of Cliffjumper's killer.

The Decepticons aren't complete failures at all, though it would be nice to see an evil devise or ancient knowledge actually land in their hands, and I don't mean Dark Energon, but something tested and proven.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

To be fair, the TFA Cons looked awesome because the bots they faced were pretty much noobs.

9. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Don't forget Out of His Head, where the Decepticons managed to steal that lens from Hawaii without any trouble and successfully made a giant heat ray/laser out of it. If it wasn't for Optimus being all Superman-like and Megatron's one-track mind when it came to punishing Starscream, they probably would've gotten away with it.

But yeah. The Decepticons seem to win a lot in the short term, but by the end of the episode their plans get foiled somehow.

That's not saying that I wouldn't like them to win in a way that lasts for a couple of episodes, though. I think that would be a great thing to have happen in the last few episodes of this season, for instance. Here's hoping!

10. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I think that's why we haven't had much of Megatron doing anything; he's not incompotent, just being saved for a larger storyline than the old "Decepticons retreat!" characterisation from past series.

11. modzprime29

modzprime29 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you just stop complaining!!!??? You act like the show is about to end the decepticons didn't win at anything! Jeez, the show just started, can you give it some time?

12. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

He does show signs of not being all that well in the head. For someone who's so concerned about killing Optimus by his own hands, he sure doesn't do much to actually try and strike the killing blow when Optimus is right there in front of him.

Zombie Troops about to be wiped out by Optimus and his Medic? Nah, I'll just stand back and watch.

Optimus by himself on top of my ship? Nevermind that, I have to hurt Starscream!

Optimus and two of his Autobot cronies killing the Vehicons I brought with me? Nah, I'll just stand back and watch.

This and all things considered, I'm starting to think that if it weren't for the cult-like following Megatron has from his followers, Starscream actually WOULD do a better job leading the Decepticons than Megatron does.

13. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering that the autobots now have the immobilizer and the polarity gauntlet, yet don't use it. I think it would be good if the Decepticons get a few trinkets or mcguffins as well. Just like the autobots, they might only use it for a rainy day.

14. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

To be fair, the BW writers weren't sure what they wanted until they got towards the end of Season 1 =P

But I'm happy with the way the Decepticons are, its not that they're underpowered in anyway with their numbers of actual Cons cause drones will be drones aka red shirts. Most of them have just been much more frugal when it comes to a fight. Breakdown and Knockout know when they're outnumbered, its a better idea to run/drive than stay. Same goes for Starscream but I'm sure some of that can be attributed to his cowardice.

I just think we haven't met that Decepticon yet that goes apeshit when he's in a fight. We saw a little of it in Skyquake but he was done in rather quickly because of that. I would love to see a berserker of some sort in Prime arrive on the scene though to change up their reserved dynamic.

15. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

You know what you all keep forgetting. This is a kids show! and the good guys are always going to win. Period, end of story. I am so SICK of people whining about the Decepticons losing all the time. They are the villians! I think it's GREAT! They are supposed to lose! Heroes being heroes and villains getting their asses kicked is how it should be, even if it takes a three part episode to do it!

out

16. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I hope we get a "Shredder Strikes Back" kind of episode where Megatron and his forces kick the living shit out of Prime and his crew so that they have to lay low for a while so they can regain their strengs and fight back...

But chanses are we're never going to see that...

17. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the Decepticons as a whole are incompetent.

Their lack of planning, not having a backup plan, not improvising is obvious, nd their setbacks but their basicly warriors and not deep thinkers.

Lastly, Megatron is de boss; and that's it.

18. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

this^

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    For their respective into episodes. Then you had things like the Autobots spending the whole episode trying to get Lugnut out of a hole because HAHA he's so fat.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Of course the Decepticons aren't going to win the war, but that doesn't mean they can't win a few battles along the way.