Is anyone really expecting a return from Barricade?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JetRaid, Jun 19, 2010.

1. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    With all the hype around that new Italia I thought about all the new Autobots and Decepticons and then it came to my mind that Barricade hasn't been confirmed for Transformers 3? Since its the last movie Bay will be making they kind of have to bring him back, right? Or is the comics connected to the movies in every way and he died? EXPLAIN!!!

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Barricade still lvies he even survived on teh comics, but i doubt he will appear i nTF3

3. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

I always thought the intention was that Bee killed him but good, and that the fact that he shows up in alt mode later in the film is just a continuity glitch.

Just my two cents though.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt Bay even remembers Barricade

5. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

^^^

Lol, this.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm definitely hoping for Barricade to return in TF3... or at least get some sort of an in-movie explanation as to what happened to him.

If not, then oh well... there's always the comics and fanfics.

7. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I wish! He was a Bad @$$ Mutha f*****er!

8. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    He was originally supposed to be in ROTF... All I'm gonna say, is that they're keeping Barricade alive in the comics for some reason.

9. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I'd have to look it up, but I do distinctly remember Bay saying Barricade was killed in TF1. Of course, being the Barricade fan I am, I'm always hoping there's some way he'll show up again, but I'll be very surprised if he actually does.

10. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What happened to Barricade in TF1? Last I saw was him saying "Barricade en route" or something, and then no more. It would be a shame to waste a good character like him. I thought Sideways was him for quite awhile. Had the same basic design, down to the spike things on his feet. We'll see next summer.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

He last appeared chasing the Autobots on the highway right before Bonecrusher transformed and blew up the bus. Then he inexplicably vanished.

Then the next time we saw him was him getting hauled around on trailers as false positive proof he was going to be in ROTF. He wasn't in the movie, but that didn't stop him from getting a few figures in the ROTF line (including the only "Human Alliance" Decepticon that transforms, too, even if the setting is Air Force One from the first film)

The way I see it, he could be in TF3 or not. The possibility exists for him to reapear A/E/C Red Alert style (not appearing in the middle of a trilogy), but his absence could be chalked up to him supposedly dying offscreen in the first film.

Now, explaining why Bonecrusher randomly appears in Egypt in ROTF is a whole different matter...

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No. I've gotten by just fine the last few years without knowing what happened to him in the Transformers movies, I'd rather something worthwhile happen instead.

13. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I think that was a clone crusher that appeared in egypt.

14. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:

and owning all the HA figs, Barricade is the best in quality and design...and its very curious but they continue to make toys for him, so i hope something is up, even if hasbro says, 'look, he sells a lot, he's got a big support group, just make him appear in the film' then they have an excuse to continue the toys... any love him, hopes hes in it...

15. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Depends how deep the plothole is....

16. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I don't expect it, but I'm irrationally hoping for it. That hope is even more irrational when you take into account that I'd like him to return with no alt mode changes. I think he's awesome.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My guess is he will not appear in the third film. Chances are they will get focused on things like the new robots and forget all about him.

I haven't read the movie related comic books but didn't the writers say something way back when they were hanging around here that they were not bound by what happened in the comic books? Still if he doesn't show up in the third film I guess the comic books are just as good of source as anything else to fill in the missing information.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Wat up JetRaid...

You know, if Bay and team are really feeling the next installment, and considering that it will be the "last" film to date, Barricade needs to be included.

Barricade was a hardcore-wheelburning-badass-eff'n-cop/decepticon, back in TF1, and when he was seen merging away from the chase, into another freeway, and later in ROTF no explanation... as fans, audiences and if the writer's will acknowledge it, Barricades inclusion in TF3 is a must.

If he doesn't show up, then his purpose, like the rest of the autobots, is to sell cars.. and ever since TF1, there seems to be mustangs everywhere.

Barricade was planned to fight BB in egypt, but in the end it was Rampage. But personally, it would be such a reward to see Barricade one last time, even if he lasts 2 minutes, unlike Jazz, Barricade did survive.

Here's hoping we get to see that Saleen once more!!:rock 

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Didn't you hear? Sideways is Barricade...he dead...he so dead.

20. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Possibilities:

TF1- Barricade died off the highway by Optimus after he kills Bonecrusher
    ROTF- Barricade gets cut in half by Sideswipe(they didnt mention a name in the film and he changed alernate modes to hide)
    TF3- Barricade has been a spy on Earth for the Decepticons and has vital information