Is anyone psyched for MP Grimlock?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1_Leet, Dec 17, 2008.

1. G1_Leet

G1_Leet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how he looks so far, the quintessential Grimlock. And not since G1 has there ever been an accurate Grimlock figure that is worth it's weight in engineering.

But he looks like one of the best in the MP series so far. Now if Takara/Tomy could just settle the legal BS with Volkswagon and come out with MP Bumblebee, it'll be gravy.

Now I just hope that they don't come out with pointless re-paints of Grimlock and call him Norplock or Killock and expect us to pay the same price.

But he does look really awesome. COME ON MARCH! GET HERE!

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Could potentially dethrone MP05 as my favorite TF ever, we'll see.

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for a US release, or a G2 repaint that isn't exclusive to some Japanese store/convention.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I'm such a n00b when it comes to TF toys, but what does the MP part mean for these toys?

5. Magnus406

Magnus406 Decepticreep

MP = Masterpiece

I am very much looking forward to a new mould for the Masterpiece Series. Grimlock wouldn't have been my first choice for a new Masterpiece figure (I wanted Soundwave!!!) but I guess with all the repaints of SS for the other seekers they needed to balance out the number of decepticons and autobots.

From the photos I have seen MP Grimlock looks sweet! My only hesitation is his scale. I would really like to see a similar scale to Prime/Megatron rather than adhere to the seekers smaller size. So far I haven't been able to find an accurate description of his actual size......

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I must admit, I thought I'd never pay those prices for a new figure, but I think Grims will be my first MP purchase! Grimlock isn't even my favorite character, but something about him says "Me Grimlock, Badda$$"!:thumbs2: SOLD!!

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'd be more psyched if I could aford him. Seekers come first and I can't even aford TCracker and Skywarp yet. :cry  Grimmy's just going to have to wait his turn.

8. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it.. and got it preordered. WOOT !!! :D 

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    im psyched! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

10. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too. Great looking figure. I too wish he was MP Prime's size, but at lease we are getting one. I still feel MP Prime is the top MP figure so far.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

My heart says yes, but my wallet says no.

12. G1_Leet

G1_Leet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, his scale size has been a bit confusing to get a real idea of his actual size. There were those rumors before he was unveiled that he was the largest of the Masterpiece figures so far.

But now, it's anyones guess really until Takara releases some technical aspects of him.

I think if my asumption is correct, his Alt. Mode is probably as big as Prime or Megatron. And his robot mode would probably be bigger since the MP figures store a lot of complex parts in a relatively tight amount of space, so while I do think his robot mode will be big, I don't think it will be that much bigger than Prime. And if it is bigger than prime, then probably not more than a few millimeters above Prime.

But either way, he does look awesome, and I will be saving up for him when March approaches, which is plenty of time. I already got mine pre-ordered, and im not missing out on this guy.

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It looks great, I've got it pre-ordered and want it yesterday.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

He looks awesome, no doubt about that. I'm a fan of Grimlock and this looks to be the definitive version of the character. Still undecided on whether I'm going to pick him up though. I'll wait until people have him and give some detailed feedback on the figure.

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm cautiously excited. From the photos it looks fan-effing-tastic and the fact that it's on-scale with the Classics line is growing on me, but I'm a little worried the transformation will be too simple and it'll end up being a shelf warmer next to my MP Prime. Not that I really would play with it, being a $140ish toy, but there's a difference between a neat gadget and a neat statue.

16. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    i'm hoping for a MP Swoop or snarl!

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I concur, I'm waiting on Masterpiece Soundwave. Plus Masterpiece Shockwave would be slick too.

Back to the point...yes I'm giddy about Grimlock too. I abhor the Classics version of him but have grown to adore the Animated version. Since there's no G1 reissue coming out anytime soon (or ever, if the molds are indeed gone and nothing will ever be reproduced), I don't know how many other outlets I'd have for a neat new Grimlock besides Masterpiece and hopefully Revoltech, and thankfully they've hit it out of the park on this one. The price tag is a bit much, but I'll bite the bullet on this one.

18. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I'm a big fan of Grimlock... not the cartoonish buffoon version, but the Simon Furman 'Kick ass with a speech impediment' version. I'm really looking forward to this guy. And I've got at least one friend who I know is more excited than me about him.

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

If you ever saw the South Park Episode where Eric Cartman Froze himself in anticipation for the Nintendo Wii and then woke up 500 yrs in the future...

...then you watched a really funny episode, it was one of my favorites.

Oh yeah, and I can't wait for MP Grimlock.;) 

20. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I'm not getting this, but I still can't wait for an in-depth look at it.