Is anyone living in Buffalo travelling to Hamilton/Toronto anytime soon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skyrinkfusion, Nov 18, 2007.

1. skyrinkfusion

skyrinkfusion Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether its appropriate or not to post on here, but I need a HUGE favour from a good fellow who lives close to the border...I'm going to be making a big purchase from the US, and the shipping rate is completely rediculous to Canada, 4x more expensive than it were shipped to Buffalo which is close to where I am. Got any other ideas? customs is going to bite me as well... :(  help would be greatly appreciated! (this is my Christmas shopping btw)

(this isn't illegal is it? i try to think of it as resourceful ingenuity) :p 

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd post in the NY Sightings forum. I know there's a few Buffalo..ians? -ites? I don't know, but they're there.

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Sami was from Buffalo, heh

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I used to live in Buffalo. Still have tons of family and friends there but no one is going to Canada anytime soon.

Have you tried shipping it to somewhere in NY and picking it up yourself?

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What might be a good idea is to ge a box at a UPS store or Mailboxes Etc. that accepts packages. Those are treated the same as a street address that a post office box wouldn't. Then every time you have something sent, just go accross the boarder and pick it up.

6. skyrinkfusion

skyrinkfusion Well-Known Member

good idea, i'll try the new york sightings thread

and regarding shipping to new york, since the state is so big, i may or may not be able to find my way around...buffalo is the closest city and my parents and i frequent there often for shopping...but i would be able to expand my horizens if i cant get anyone from buffalo

i just need 1 good samaritan!!! lol