is anyone fascinated how bay improves on ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Oct 8, 2010.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I was a little overcritical with ROTF. Bay got the action right, the key scenes seem to never to fit into the film, something seemed missing. Especially prime vs the fallen, how it took prime no more than a minute to crush the fallen that seemed rushed.

But it pissed me off how the fallen beat twilight to some bad awards, when at-least ROTF had some bad-ass action scene's. Seeing a badass optimus prime kick everyone's ass was enough to not award transformers with unfair bad awards. it was for me a low rating 3 star film, consider the writers strike that went on

But is anyone really interested how bay improves on transformers 3. Now there is no writers strike, everyone is now focused. The love story is not there, and it seems to me there could be more room for maneuver, to make a really well balanced action film that will not get rushed towards the end.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Don't get your hopes up.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Writer's strike does not translate to necessity of man-ass and racist robots.

4. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I am not expecting the standards of terminator 2 or dark knight, but I thought transformers 1 was good. If its better than transformers 1, with less ******ed humor then I think it will be good.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Yeah, that stuff is more like on-set improvisation gone wrong. Bay's definite weak point.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Really hard to say if things will improve or not.

The first film it seemed like the studio and the producers were able to sort of put the breaks on him a bit so he was reigned in a bit. Second film it felt more like Bay gone wild. So does he take people being critical to reign in what he'd normally do or does he go wild because it's his last film and he will move on to other things?

Just so hard to say right now if they can unjump the shark from the second time to get back to something like just improving off what they did right the first time with some of the second film action mixed in.

Me I'm rather pessimistic because there just aren't Bay films out there that I really like as an overall film and I'm a bad guy fan who has felt let down by the last two films. I could be wrong and they might get more things just right, but my gut says not to get any hopes up.

I guess with Transformers Prime starting up there is some place else that might offer more hopes for Transformers entertainment than the movies. A place to look for the robot characters and stories that I just haven't gotten from the movies so far.

7. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    here we go again with the racist bots....that topic is ooooollld man. get over it.

8. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]

Again with this??? They way someone acts has nothing to do with their color, it has everything to do with how you were raised and what you were raised around. Just because your a certain color doesn't mean it's in your genes to act a certain way! It has nothing to do with it. Race =/= cultural actions.

9. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

yes exactly.......the twins sucked becuz they acted like ignorant, uneducated, butheads and that's why they sucked camel penises ......anyone who acts that way be they black, white or the color of a baboons ass is a fucking moron and deserves to be bukkakied upon until they choke to death...sorry to be so graphic but I really despise those twin characters

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Since the robots are neither black, white, asian, indian, native, etc., then they can hardly be called racist representations of anyone. If you perceive a race from Mudflap and Skids then I dare say it is you who are reading your own preconceived misconceptions concerning that race from them. Their behavior and language could easily belong to anyone of any race.

11. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

The twins characterizations had nothing to do with Bay, if you want to find fault with the characterization of those characters than blame Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson, whom Wilson, I might add, is African-American himself. Yes, he's clearly being racist against himself. It's an old complaint that really doesn't have any substance. Stop blaming Bay, and blame the voice actors if you want to keep complaining about two characters that were clearly satire.

As for Turturro's ass... yeah, that wasn't necessary, but oh well. I've seen worse, and hopefully Bay curbs some of the more inane improv in TF3. BUt really, ROTF sucked, we got it already.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    We're bringing up the topic of how ROTF sucked in many ways AGAIN?

Orci pointed a finger at Bay for the Twins, and Bay pointed the finger to Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson. You're never gonna get a straight answer out of Hollywood. But they passed the buck, so we may never know who "created" the Twins, even though I'm pretty sure it's Bay, IMO.

Anyway, I remember getting my hopes up with ROTF, with Orci promising a lot of goodness, and I had the feeling things would exceed the first film... and I was wrong. It had great action, and certainly doesn't deserve the title "Worst Movie of 2009" - that goes to Dragonball Z. I get Bay's just trying to make a movie for entertainment for a few hours.

But as I've said countless times in countless threads like this, the crass humor is Bay's weak point. Turturro's ass? No one can say we needed that, even the most aggressive, Bay-purist, frothing at the mouth fans of Bay. Leg humping - not funny. Robot balls - not funny. I mean, there are kids watching this movie, and the parents are repulsed to see their kids watching Alice's panties, Wheelie humping, and the Twins saying "Pussy."

Have the humor at the level it was in TF1, and automatically it's a much better film.

13. Ash from Carolina

Given that the director has the last word on anything in his film you sort of have to blame the director on stuff. When Micheal Bay heard the characterization by Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson he could have easily said sorry guys people might take it the wrong way, what else do you have.

If Micheal Bay thought something was wrong about showing Turturro's pale butt cheeks he could have left that part on the cutting room floor.

I mean it's pretty much a director's entire job to decide what is and is not good enough to go into the film. I don't really get this idea that somehow the actors and voice actors forced him into anything against his will or that there was nothing he could have done as a director to change anything about Revenge of the Fallen.

14. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

yeah really....he is the captain of his ship...he is also known as a control freak so anything and everything you see is of his doing.....why do people give him a pass and make up excuses for him?....he is simply not a good director its evident in every single one of his films.....do I want him to make a good movie? sure I do and I hope he does starting with (chuckles) tf3 dark of the moon...but until that day comes his whole catalog remains to be pure crap

15. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

True. And I wasn't saying that Kenny or Wilson forced him to do anything, but ultimately the characterization lies with them. Yeah, he could have stopped it. But it's Bay, and he's known for having a juvenile sense of humor. The screenwriters wrote the characters, and Kenny and Wilson acted it in their way. I personally found nothing wrong their characterization, as again, I took it to be satire. I just don't get this whole bitching and complaining about ROTF over and over and over again about the same old crap. It just seems so... sophomoric. I never went in to seeing the Bay movies as masterpiece Oscar-winning films, and I still enjoyed them for what they were - summer blockbusters with a twisted sense of humor aimed towards teenagers and adults and lots of big explosions. This whole blaming thing is just getting old. The movie sucked for a lot of fans. We got it. Bringing it up constantly just shows a chip on the shoulder and pointless ranting. ROTF was done and made, you can't change anything about it now. Time to move on, IMO.

16. Ash from Carolina

It's kind of funny that he gets credit for things that came out pretty good, but if it was something not so good or debatable then somehow he gets a free pass.

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Exactly. We have some ignorant people here. The twins can be black, hispanic and even white. Work at a school in a poor neighborhood and you won't notice a difference between any of the kids. Black, white or hispanic, all of them sag. All of the have grills and even use the n word.

18. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got mixed feelings.

One part of me is thinking that during production of ROTF, everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong (writer's strike, leaving Bay to do too much on his own, actor injuries, time limits)..which resulted in such a stinking movie. I was fine with the first movie, so I feel that, now that they don't have these setbacks, and Bay has admitted to doing away with the potty humor, the third movie could be *at least* up to the level of the first one (hopefully better, as much as I liked the first, there's still tons to improve upon).

However, the other side of me is thinking that the movieverse is just going to diverge more and more from what I'd like to see, and that the promises of a better movie will not be fulfilled.

I really got burned by hyping myself for ROTF too much, I can tell you that.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

This post would've shut a lot of people up last summer.

20. godspeed

godspeed (Dead)Head Master

I'm with ya on Bay. Bay gets a lot of hate, but he gets as much right as he gets wrong. I think 3 will be a return to form, carrying the torch of the first movie.