Is anyone else worried that this game might not sell well into the next month?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Grimlock1991, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

Im mean every time I come on theres only 15,000 online at max/ I mean the game is getting great reviews outside of tha stupid Gamespot one. Why doesn't this game have more people online playing it?

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just because people don't play on line doesn't mean it's not selling. I suck at online play, so I am barely on there. I'm sure I'm not the only one

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Cause CoD cheaters and bad form is all i see outside of private matches.

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea there are some serious hacking going on the PSN,I still play on MP but I'm getting tired of the cheaters.

5. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

What exactly are these hackers doing?

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Well actually thats probably a good enough amount of people online already. You're only going to see vastly more people online on games like COD, Halo and Madden. Not to mention it's only been out for a little over a week....

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As said above, some people might not be playing online. I was surprised to see how many of my friends didn't use the online play feature on their gaming console when I went back home (the US) a few years back.

The game just came out, and I think only fans of Transformers bought most if not all copies. Word of mouth is going to be this games greatest asset. Let's face it, Transformer games prior to now sucked:(  Transformers: War For Cybertron has a big @$$ hill to climb, so get the word out: IT. IS. GOOD!

8. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

I guess but this game should do good nased on the game play because its that good... ANd i'd hate to see a pure TF game thats t good like this go unoticed.... But im not expecting it to be MAdden butat least a god 50-80k online players.... and at least 1,000,000, - 2,000,00 sells. You feel me?

9. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My 2 cants: All of the above. it's too early to tell. Take me: I haven bought it because I'm waiting on payday. Then I'll concentrate on the campaign for a while to get used to controls and because I like campaigns. Then I'll check out MP. It's just how I roll, and I bet others are like that too.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    seeing as today there were almost 20k people on at one point, i think it's selling pretty good, every different kind of match has it's own amount of people online: 5k were in escalation alone

11. Kranix

Kranix Banned

and on pc today we had almost 500 people online playing (if you have 15000+ dont complain, you are doing well).

12. OptimusPrime89

OptimusPrime89 New Member

PC sales

im worried about PC sales. my PC is the only current generation system i have and its a pretty kickass system too. the game looks phenomenal running at full graphics on 1920x1200res and the over 160 screen shots i have are amazing! im sure everyone wants if for their 360 or PS3. one thing that sucks about it is that its not a windows live game. with windows live games its just like xbox live only free and u use the same gametag to login. theres so much more than meets the eye to playing games on pc. its just soo much better! i use a 360 controller on my pc and it looks if not better than the 360.

13. OptimusPrime89

OptimusPrime89 New Member

sweet u got the PC version too. im not really sure how to navigate on the online part of the game but look me up if want or can im optimusprime89
    i wanna co-op sometime but cant right now with at&t internet

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I don't play online either, only tried it once in Mortal Kombat Armageddon. I prefer playing together with a friend in the same room.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    15,000, for a game like this, is pretty damn good. Honestly, I think it could go either way. It might even sell more copies, since the game came out towards the end of the month. More people might find out about it. And the posts in this thread are correct, some people don't even play online.

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Unfortunately Transformers is still quite a niche thing despite movie ticket sales and unless the game is absoloutely stellar its only going to be moderately successful. You need to bring your expectations in to line with reality here; it's not tied to a movie, has next to no marketing outside of the core press and came out at a pretty bad time of year. I'll be interested to see if it scrapes in to the NPD top ten this month, if it does then it can be considered a success.

Also they need to fix the goddamn online stuff.

17. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear. TFW2005 Supporter

I'm interested to hear what kind of cheating and HAZZ0Ring is going on. I haven't really run into anything that made me scratch my head a think a guy was cheating so, I'd like to know what to look out for. lol.

18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

All I'm noticing is terrible lag where it looks like I'm being shot through walls, around corners etc.

It's really just lag but everyone likes to scream "OMG HAX!" when in reality it's really not.

19. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    15,000? 20,000? where the heck are you seeing this

the most ive seen on at once has been 8000.... and im on allot at night when mostpeople are on and ive yet to see it hit 15,000....

20. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

i was suspicious myself.....but the only thing i really hate online is when my team is only Scientists with 1 leader versus a team with 3 soldiers , 1 Sci and 1 Ldr....talk about balance vs the un-balanced.....

as to the OP thoughts:
    I wouldn't worry too much, I am a bad co. 2 player and split time between the 2 games, (lvl 33 on BC2).

as for TF, we are talking a niche game here, not nearly as mainstream as a "military fantasy" game.

I'm glad for the ppl who do play online, feels like they're the diehards.

I am sad that I'll be off the net for most this weekend though, really wanted to take advantage of the double XP to get me Scientist and Leader around 18 to 20 in level