Is anyone else worried about encore's future because it is predicated on sales of dev

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Aug 18, 2011.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

s anyone else worried about encore's future because it is predicated on sales of devastator?
    I posted this on seibertron's forums, but I would also like to hear the opinions of the members of this forum.

Is anyone else worried about encore's future because it is predicated on sales of devastator?

I read that the above was the case for the future of encore and it has me worried. Predaking is basically on clearance at BBTS. I bought 2 of the new reissue, but i wonder if he sold well in Asia. I have been waiting for an official devy reissue for years and am buying two, but the economy sucks for many people and I wonder if he will have enough selling power in the Asian market to keep the line going due to he huge amount of bootlegs that have been made of him over the years. I also wonder about the choices of twin cast and sound blaster as the next two choices. I am going to buy them to support the line, but they have already been reissued. What does the forum think? Are their an thoughts on how the line will do from some of our Asian posters?

2. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

I thought I heard a rumor that Soundblaster and Twincast were after Devs

3. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

Apparently, it is just a rumor. There is no official confirmation.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, sort of worried I guess. But at the same time it is a good test. Maybe not the best figure to test though.

The problem is that this thing in my eyes is the same as the KO one I already have. It's not the original, and really with the release of Hercules and The Giant, I don't know how many people will jump on this.

I get the idea of Reissues. But when you have KOs that are already top notch, it really kills Reissue. I rather buy the original at that point.

By the way, to me reissues is just so that I get the figure as if it was new. So I don't have to worry about 25 year old floppy joints and such. So KO and Reissue is the same exact thing to me. They are not collectors item, to me at least.

If I wanted to collect these, I would go the route of buying the original.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The original Predaking reissue went on clearance at BBTS too.
    That in itself doesn't necessarily mean it was a failure, or the Encore line is doomed.

6. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Every year someone declares the Encore line doomed but, it rears its head every year with more figures.

7. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure I'm concerned about anything that could lead to the end of the Encore line. At the same time, I think it will continue.

I've pre-ordered 2 Encore Devastators, and may even get a third. I don't need Soundblaster or Twin Cast though. I'm hoping we see them reissue some other cool stuff, maybe Shockwave, Six-Shot (again), or some combiners like Abominus and Computron. I'd also love to see them get into the Headmasters.

8. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

ive got my encore devy preordered.

9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was it me or was I the only one with an OG devy that was a fragile mess back in the day?

10. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

I also preordered Devastator, mostly for the giftset box. Twincast would also be preordered, but I already got Soundblaster last time. Sixshot would be a definite if it was priced closer to Sky Lynx than Omega Supreme.

An actual Blue Bluestreak would be amazing too...I can't believe the KO people haven't done it yet either. Another reissue I really would like to see is that Movie Preview Ultra Magnus but fat chance of that ever happening with how Sunstorm and black Megatron seem to have sold.

TFU says Magnus and Sixshot were out in 2001/2002 but that has got to be wrong. Weren't they out years before the Commemorative Series started here in the states?

11. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the high quality KO of devy and it is perfect.

If Encore Bruticus is any indication of what we can expect from Takara for combiners I will most happily pass. They are charging too much for it anyway. I can get a damn near dead on perfect Hi-q KO Devy for $70-80. Why pay more for a possibly cheap feeling floppy mess? Because it has a Takara stamp? So does my Hi-q KO. So I'm good.

Soundblaster and Twincast would be bought as soon as possible though.

12. sh002

sh002 Banned

i'll go for high quality reproductions only if hastak doesn't have a reissue available. if they never make the other giftsets then i might get the others.

can't wait for encore devastator.

13. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be quite honest, Takara really missed the boat. They should have done these encores a LOT sooner to cut the profits out from Uber KO sales.

14. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

TFU is correct because I started recollecting back in Fall of 2001 and by the end of 2002 I had the Ultra Magnus & Sixshot reissues in my collection.

As for the question of this thread I'm not worried about Encore's future. I think we should keep in mind a few things in relation to the Encore line.

1) They can only reissue the molds they still have, have found or have fixed. And we all already know Takara's answer on reverse engineering from an existing toy *cough . . Dinobots . . cough* so I won't even open that can of worms.
    2) Due to #1 that limits Takara on what they can reissue.
    3) Reissueing figures in the Encore that have not seen a reissue in several years would be nice like Thrust, Ramjet and Sixshot for starters.
    4) Twincast & Soundblaster possibly being next in the Encore line up could have to do with the recent release of the Headmaster DVD box set.

I would easily buy a two pack seeker reissue of Thrust and Ramjet to complete my G1 seekers. And I may entertain the idea of getting Twincast & Soundblaster since I had to sell them a year ago. When it comes to Devastator I want to have authentic product from Hasbro and/or Takara. I don't care for KO's and feel like KO's are a slap in the face to Has/Tak when it comes to their property and product. And I completely support and love reissues for one simple reason. Affordable authentic product but minty new and fresh! I would also imagine that most collectors would like to have genuine product over KO product.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    There is something that must be noted here, and its that the molds for Bruticus have been used extensively and suffer from degradation. Devastator on the other hand is a bit of a mystery as it was long believed the molds were lost or destroyed. We have had no news on how Encore Devy became possible and we are unlikely to ever know definitively how TakaraTomy got useable molds for the Constructions.

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    They need to contract out to some of the KO makers or buy the molds.

There is no reason for not having new figures every year when the molds are available.