Is anyone else ridiculously interested in the customization factor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Mospeada, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I was a big Armored Core head back in the day, and even in the freaking WFC demo I keep resetting and playing with the color schemes over and over. I cannot wait to be able to name all of my custom characters, customize the bodies and colors and skills and all of that stuff, I find that insanely addicting.

2. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    initially i was extremely excited about he customization, but not so much after i found each faction was limited in colors. It makes sense for the gameplay and all , but the autobots definitely got the better color choices.

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Initially I thought I'd be pretty interested in custom coloring my characters, but after playing the demo for a bit I've realized that I'm much happier having the characters in their appropriate colors. I can't bring myself to color Warpath anything but dark red, and I've made my Bumblebee into Cliffjumper, which isn't very "custom". I think that once the game is released and we're offered all the character models, I'm still going to wind up coloring them the either the colors that they're supposed to be or into actual repaint colors.

4. King Henrik

News Credits:

i have a "cliffjumper" as well, as the bumblebee chassis really only looks good in a uniform color. Warpath does look good with some different color combos though.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm excited too, despite not being able to change any physical properties other than color schemes.

6. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

you can barley change the color of the decepticons.. that sucks. the cons always seem to be greyish.

7. longstickln

longstickln Active Member

if you look back at the original character custimization videos that we got a month or 2 back, you can make your character whatever color you want, there is no limit, i will see if i can find the video and post it

8. longstickln

longstickln Active Member

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am. Im going to go ballistic on customization.

10. King Henrik

News Credits:
    it is believed that you only get to choose from 5 colors each though, so you can have any shade of a 5 colors in addition to black and white. it looks like the autobots get the brighter colors reds, blues, light greens, yellows, while the cons get, purple, darker greens, brown, teal, etc. They don't specifically show the cons pallet in that video, but there was an early video that showed someone customizing brawl.

11. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

I'm still looking forward to it, but not as much after realizing you can't name your characters. I would've loved to run around as "Teaspoon", Cybertron's Chief Dishwasher, or watched with satisfaction as somebody got killed by "a Gobot".

12. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

the biggetst mistake in this game is that bots are more colorful while decepticons just look booring... I hoped that i can make

13. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Very much so. I'm really looking forward to it, even though its not as extensive as I might have hoped. Hopefully if there is a sequel High Moon will expand a little more on the customization options.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really, but I wasn't expecting that much anyway.

15. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ? I'm looking forward to building tracks. So I can use the headset to tell someone to "keep cybertron clean, LEAVE" lol

Yes I have an unhealthy tracks fixation. XD

I really wish you had customs for the campaign but what ever right?

16. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

yeah i love customization in games and yes i get totally obsessed with it, it adds an extra level of awesomeness to a game.

17. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    i'm looking forward to seeing what parts we can actually recolour on certain chassis'. I'd like to repaint a breakdown or barricade into a black and purple mode.

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I was. Then we found out it was just recoloring existing character models. Then we found out that you can't even use all the colors you want. Now I'm just sorta mildly interested.

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Even if you just check the randomized colors in the demo, there are still a ton of colors for the Autobots at least. I've gotten Bumblebee three different shades of yellow, green, red, and blue, and there's also pink and brown and orange, and sometimes you have one or two highlight colors in addition. When you can choose what parts to customize in the full game, the options are going to be much greater, I think.

It's true the 'cons don't really get a lot of colors in the demo. Maybe that will change, but if you reset enough, you can get turquoise blue Breakdown bodies and a nice green and purple G2ish Megatron.

Plus, can't you use several additional chassis' in the full game?

20. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    You can name your characters. It's just that your XBox Live/PSN tag is what is displayed. Maybe there's a way to change it in the full game, but for your own saved characters, you can change the name. Because I named by Scout Peel Out and my Soldier Steelquake.