Is anyone else considering this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Koolimus Prime, May 1, 2012.

1. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Due to the, well, suckiness of some RID figures (Bulkhead, among others), and the fact I want to save some money, I'm really considering having Cyberverse be my main collection for Prime. I'll still get some of the larger toys (Dreadwing, you tease me!), but the Cyberverse line just has more overall appeal to me than the RID line....

Is anyone else considering sticking to the Cyberverse line for Prime?

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've considered it a few times....but I really prefer the larger size toys. Cyberverse is good, but doesn't always nail it - same as the deluxes and voyagers.

3. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Ah come on, he's not that bad.

But yeah, I'm sticking to Cyberverse as well. The only mainline figures I have are Ratchet and Wheeljack (I'll get Knock Out and the Vehicon as well). Can't wait for Wave 2 and the playsets.

4. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    I tried Cyberverse, just to pass the time between wave 1 and 2 PRiD (we still dont have screamer, bulkhead, ratchet or arcee yet :( ) but it doesnt appeal to me

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not really. I am quite unimpressed with the Cyberverse line as a whole.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I've considered it quite a few times, but the fact that some characters like Breakdown and Soundwave got shafted sort of ruins it for me.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm not, but I can kinda see the appeal. I've gotten three Prime Cyberverse figures (plus Evac, who's in Prime packaging, but really... who do they think they're fooling? Oh yeah, their target demographic) - being Ratchet, Breakdown and Cliffjumper. Ratchet and Breakdown are fairly standard, fun little things with a fairly standard transformation (Breakdown does throw a little curveball, but not much)... but Cliffjumper - holy crap. Seriously, I could have seen this as a deluxe transformation during the Cybertron or Energon era. And because of the transformation, he's got awesome little ball joints for shoulders, elbows, hips and ankles.

Yeah, these Legends are great. I need to try out the commanders.

However... the only RID figure I'm not too keen on is my favorite Legends' counterpart: Cliffjumper. Bumblebee isn't very accurate, but he's a lot of fun, at least. The rest that I have (Optimus, Megatron, Arcee, Ratchet, Soundwave, Wheeljack), I really quite like.

8. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

You sure about him being in "Prime" packaging? Because if you do have him in Prime packaging keep him sealed. That would surely be an "Error Box/Card" then.

Unless you mean the RID packaging. Then yeah. He's in the RID packaging like everyone else is going to be. Except he in FACT doesn't have the "Prime" subtitle. So yeah... who exactly are they trying to fool again? Seems like no one to me.

9. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    But pound for pound, Cyberverse has the best Megatron robot mode to date

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    My buddy Kaymac's pretty much been on this boat from the beginning, as even if you throw design & preference away, it favors both money, space, and availability to some extent as well.

Personally though, Deluxes & sometimes Megas/Voyagers are usually my favorite size class, but the cyberverse ones have their merit too, and its not like you can't ever buy the bigger guys if there's something you want. For example, I don't normally swoon to anything larger than a Voyager, but I've got Unicron & the leader Sentinel/Starscream, and that blue dragon Megatron (Cryotek) has been growing on me quite a bit lately, so I'll probably pick one up if I can find it cheap... and he'll go just fine with my basis BW guys :) 

11. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

I like that he has red eyes, but I still prefer Megs voyager any day. I love that toy.

12. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I am actually enjoying both the Prime line and the Cyberverse line. Both of them have way more positives compared to negatives in my opinion. For what you are getting cost-wise, there isn't too much room for complaints. Now, if they were higher in price (25/Deluxe, 40/Voyager, 20/Cyberverse Commander, 10/Cyberverse Legion)...then I would have to probably say no to a few of those choices.

13. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Oh God, don't even go there, lol.

14. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's with Evac? I have seen him in the cyberverse several times around here, is there something special about him? I have no interest in the cyberverse short of a couple of them and Evac isn't one of them, but if there is something special about him, I might pick up a couple just to sell.. so tell me if I'm missing something. Is he supposed to be from a different line or something?

15. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I suggested it to my son.....big no!

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Ive tried to warm up to Cyberverse but I can't. They just don't come close to being as good as the larger toys.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the deluxe is perfect, no clear plastic, accurate, painted and detailed

18. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

It's weird, but how much I like each version of Prime Megatron has been inversely proportional to its size.

I genuinely like the Cyberverse version the most, then the Deluxe, and the Voyager the least.

19. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Im trying to collect both actually :p 

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might get a few Cyberverse but I'm not going all out on it.