Is anyone else bored with ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DECEPTI CREEP, Feb 17, 2010.

1. DECEPTI CREEP

DECEPTI CREEP Active Member

I have to say last night I turned on my Blu ray player, cranked up my surround sound, sat back and was pretty much bored out of my mind. I found my self fast forwarding through most of the movie. Is anyone else as bored with the movie as I am? I can watch the first movie no problem for the 100th time. ROTF just seems to have the most boring action ever.

I guess I have really just given up on ROTF. I defended it for the longest time but have fallen victim to it's nonsense and all around lack of excitement. I really hope TF3 has something special in store for us, I'm not ready to give up on the third installment.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    (raises hand)

3. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah :( 

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No, not really.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I've never watched either all the way through more than once.

6. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I think the act that you watch movies more than once through a short amount of time may be the cause..

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I was bored the first time around.

There's some great effects and I normally like that stuff, but I just didn't feel any suspense or get drawn into the story. I felt like I'd been sufficiently wowed and had my fill of effects less than halfway through. Beyond that I was just eating popcorn and waiting for the film to end.

It's more the kind of film where you watch a bit at a time. There's some good sequences, but you don't want to take it all in one sitting.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I actually watched RotF for second time on Sunday and enjoyed it way more :lol 

9. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, not really bored. Though I watch ROTF sparingly, I'm afraid my face will melt off from the unhealthy exposure to Splosions' n' awesome

10. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

Not at all.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    no, im bored with the people that keep complaining about it

12. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not JAWS, but I can still get through most of it without fast forwarding

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I actually got bored at the movie theater as well.

You knew they were going to milk the franchise for as many movies as they could get so there was just no way that the Fallen would actually get to pull off his plan. First movie maybe Megatron's plan works and the Autobots have to battle back the next movie, but it seemed unlikely the Autobots could build us a new sun.

Too many characters were coming back from the dead which was also cutting down on the tension of the film. It seems like only Jazz and Decepticons are doomed to remain dead forever.

On the bright side at least the movie answered the question of how long can a fight go on before I get bored with the fight. Just got really bored during the all the fighting in Egypt and was ready for the film to end so I could go home and find something more interesting.

It was like okay China is good, it's got that nice summer popcorn action movie feel going on. The forest battle is really good it's got that nice summer popcorn action movie feel going on. But then there are all the little side trips off to nowhere to make the film just drag on. Or after the Constructicons have combined and eaten our sand it just goes down hill because we've seen the big effects shot of the movie and there is nowhere else to go in a summer popcorn action film after the big effects shot.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bored? Yep I guess, I mean, after watching a movie around 30 times in such a short time-spam you do get bored.

But the first movie I just re-watched recently, I maaaan that thing got me PUMPED, and I was nearly 100% sick of it before ROTF was released.

It's all a matter of not overdoing it.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    No.

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Well I am disapointed with ROTF but I knew How it ended but the beginning was still exciting for me.

17. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I hear what your saying. It took me a few "trys" to get through it all. It just did not have the excitement that the first one did. With the first one, you did not want to get up even to answer "mother nature"!
    There were several scenes in there they could have done without. I think last week I actually managed to watch it completely and it turned out pretty descent. I did like the fact that they introduced us to Skyfire and Devestator. That was pretty cool.
    But for the most part, it was a boring movie, especially when compared to the first one. Let's hope that part three will be best one yet!

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    not me, love almost every minute of that movie

19. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only movie I watched over and over again was TFTM 86. But that was because I spent most of the time watching it frame by frame for reference while drawing.

TF1 and ROTF, I've watched it many times at theaters because I went to see it with several different people, mostly for the fun of it. Haven't watched it at home yet.

Can't say I'm tired of it, but I won't be watching it again anytime soon. That works for every movie I watch, anyway.

20. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    It certainly doesn't bore me. It's less re-watchable than TF1, I agree, but it's still fun on the tenth watch.