Is anybody else disapontentend in the DOTM toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by modzprime29, Aug 9, 2011.

?

Do you like the DOTM toyline?

1. Yes, I love it!!

53 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Ehh, it's ok.

120 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. No, I hate it!

33 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I love it,but that might be because I'm steering clear of stuff that I don't think I'll like,(Laserbeak,thunderhead,Ultimate Prime)

2. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it was awful, but it definitely had some good and bad parts.

I loved all Cyberverse and Mechtech. Say what you will about Mechtech, but I think some of them make for some nice looking weapons. I was VERY impressed with the Voyagers. Owning Shockwave and Skyhammer I can tell, but hearing only good reviews about the others makes it seem like the whole class was impressive. The exclusives were pretty good; just got Space Case today, AWESOME.

Overall, I thought it was a good line. Hopefully Hasbro will keep going with some more good releases.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Axor says hi

4. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

It's okay. It's coming out too slowly for me, I'm dying for Que/Wheeljack, Soundwave and Mirage/Dino especially. Ultimate Optimus Prime made me gag. Leader Bee is lame, too big and obese looking. But Sentinel and Ironhide (leaders) are awesome.

5. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I find the toys a lot better than TFTM characters and better than the initial rotf stuff. The dotm line seems to be a lt shorter tho

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's ok. Over all I am just burnt out on movie style designs. As a result I have purchased fewer of them this time around.

7. OptimusScream

OptimusScream 5 SECOND LEADER

News Credits:
    the only reason ilike it att all is so i can get figures i missed from the first and secon movies like jaz and ratchet (better be going to the the us soon (jazz and voyager ratchet are TARGET exclusives))

8. AMG

AMG Old School

I find the lack of a leader class Megatron disturbing. Besides that, I'm pleased with the line so far.

9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Mech Tech weapons are (generally) goofy and I like weapons.

They are goofy (IMHO) because:
    1) the are generally oversized for the character in robot mode,
    2) are generally horribly out of place in alt mode, and
    3) take resources away from having a better figure.

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Personally,i don't care, but I could see why lack of a new circa $40 option would bug some.

And lets not forget the automatic presumption some have that Hasbro have plans for Jetwing Prime.

..as if there were a difference between disappointment, and setting out to find fault?

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Not really. The Megatron and Shockwave voyagers are amazing, Cyberverse is great, and I can not find any real faults with the HA basics other than the lack of Decepticons (like in every other size class).

And any other comments I'd have about the shortcomings of the line are quelled by the awesome that is HA Soundwave.

Painted? That's basic gray plastic. The focus was more on playability with the Mechtech than actually being accurate. If he was painted silver, that paint would come off and the figure wouldn't look as nice anymore with missing splotches of silver all over the place.

Oh, boo, we didn't get ANOTHER Leader Optimus. Oh wait, he got the SUPREME toy slot with THE TRAILER. We also still have the Leader AND the Battle Blades voyager from ROTF, so if you want the best versions those are avaliable.

Shockwave...really didn't do anything in the movie except look awesome. He got a really neat Voyager, and while a Leader would be nice, the Voyager is good enough.

Megatron is the only one of the three that does deserve a Leader, I'll agree with you on that. The Voyager's porportions are just a little too off for it to be perfect.

Yes we do, sort of anyway. ALL DOTM product will be released by December of this year. If a character didn't get a toy by that date, they aren't in the DOTM line.

And Wheelie DID get a deluxe in the previous line, I even own the thing. He got a Legends class, too.

You DO realize Bumblebee is the most popular character in the movie line with the target audience, right? You should have made your case back in ROTF when we kept on getting the sub-par Bumblebee repaints, because with some DOTM Bumblebees (which are amusingly enough new molds BTW) do look awesome, such as the one with yellow lightning and the red eyes.

I think Hasbro has been working really hard behind the scenes to get Prime ready once DOTM finishes up. Have you seen the "First Editions" from SDCC and the concept art for the figures? They knew DOTM would sell, so they've been focusing on the next flagship line to make it successful as well.

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:

I don't hate them, (I love most of them, like Megatrons, Shockwaves, and Skyhammers) it's just that alot are to too goofy. Like Crankcase's, Topspin's, and Barricade's.

Plus, isn't MechTech the reason the figures are small?

13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disappointing end to a series of lines I've enjoyed.

I'm curious if Takara will jump in late in the game with anything really cool (like they have for previous lines), or if we've really seen all there is to see (other than the unpromising deco on that last leader prime they've been teasing),

14. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

disappointed in the lack of characters released thus far.

15. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    I'll put it this way I'd rather catch up on my classics figures than keep buying dotm stuff

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not presently planning on collecting a new line. I was pretty much done when they canned the alternators, except the movie aesthetic ended up growing on me in a big way.

So that's not much consolation. AND unless Prime ends up selling MUCH better than the last few non movie lines Hasbro has tried, it's a real shame they've made Prime a priority over their most profitable line.

The Prime toys are kinda cool though. I just don't think I'll go for a whole new line.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But that makes no sense. TF engineering is always getting better. Are you seriously going to tell me none of the Bumblebee toys improved since the first movie? If it were just one toy per character then even if better engineering tricks were discovered that could greatly improve that character, or if they would be better suited to a larger/smaller size class, you're SOL. How many people would've been upset if Bulkhead ONLY got the Voyager and not the Leader?

We don't know how lucky we are to have options. As for all the ones you don't want... don't buy them. Is that seriously so hard for people?

That's not what he said, though. He said things were better when it was one toy per character. Not one or two, or a different size, one.

And again, don't like the 50 near-identicle Bumblebees? IGNORE 'EM, don't buy 'em, shift your attention elsewhere. Nobody is bending your arm. Contrary to what people think, there's no "limit" to what TFs can go in each wave. Hasbro knows how many new moulds they can make, and then move on to the redecoes.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

if there were only one, then it would most possibly be equally as likely for the leader to get that spot than the voyager.

19. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

The only thing that troubles me about all of the Bumblebees in this line is the possibility of them clogging up pegs/shelf space and therefore making it difficult for stores to put out new stock.

However, I will put that concern to the side until I see the results of the Xmas shopping season - all those Bumblebees could very well clear out very quickly.

20. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I gotta go with that its ok. There are some real shining stars especially the voyagers but there are also a lot of middle of the road figures or good figures that suffer due to a lack of paint *coughsideswipecough*