Is anybody else disapontentend in the DOTM toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by modzprime29, Aug 9, 2011.

?

Do you like the DOTM toyline?

1. Yes, I love it!!

53 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Ehh, it's ok.

120 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. No, I hate it!

33 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. modzprime29

modzprime29 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Title explains it. Is anybody disappointed in the toyline, because I am.
    1. They painted Sideswipe grey instead of silver.
    2. They wasted leader class spots when they made BB and Iron Hide leader class when they couldve made leader OP, Megatron, and Shockwave.
    3. We still have no conformation or realease date of a Deluxe Brains,Wheelie, and Mirage.
    4. Way to much BB repaints, when the spots should've been used for other characters.

I just think that Hasbro didn't do good of a job with this toyline like they did for TF1 and ROTF. Hopefully they can repay with the Prime toyline.
    What do you guys think

2. pman5k

pman5k Member

great point with the bumblebees, getting sick and tired of bayified verson of him.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I disagree. I think this line was a fantastic line. It has it's weak spots, but it easily rivals the previous movie lines.

4. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

It's ok, could be better.

5. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's good, but I voted it's OK because of Butterfly Prime.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I gotta disagree about the leaders. Alright, maybe Leader BB is unnecessary and should have been replaced with Megatron (which is still might be up in the air), but you can't possibly say the same for Ironhide, who needed a toy that fit in with the HA scale/approaching the size of leader Prime. Prime didn't need a new leader after the amazingness of the ROTF one, and having Shockwave as a leader would have been a waste of a slot simply because he wasn't in the film long enough to justify it, and movie cybertronian modes are a waste of plastic.

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

1. I hated that too, poor Sideswipe
    2. hmmm well, Leader bee was expected I think... and I would hate a leader Shockwave... unless he had an earth altmode (which is not...)
    3. unconfirmed toys are yet unconfirmed
    4. well, at least this time Bee repaint (Cyberfire) is a nice one (remember Nitro bee having a different mold)

anyways, the fact is... it's ok

8. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Cyberverse is the only thing I've liked about it.

Powerglide was the standout for me.

For anything else, my money goes to the Generations line.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Meh... it's alright.

10. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    There are a good number of positives and negatives, just like with most toy lines, in my opinion. The positives outweigh the negatives pretty strongly to me.

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i love the entire toyline!

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's ok. But they feel a lot cheaper than the previous toylines though.

13. dino52

dino52 Well-Known Member

the reason i was disapointed was beause there hasnt been a human alliance dino and sideswipe

14. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:

1. So? The figure is still really awesome, and we've got plenty of solid mold silver Sideswipes for you to choose from at this point.

2. Completely based on the fact that Everyone doesn't like the fact that characters that normally don't get Leader Class slots didn't, or haven't been announced to get a leader class slot. Which is more or less an invalid point.

3. Who cares? Really. Wheelie got toys, Brains doesn't really deserve/need one in the first place, and arguably neither does Mirage/Dino. We're lucky he's even potentially getting one in the first place.

4. Welcome to the Transformers Movie Franchise Toyline.

I don't understand your argument beyond "I need something to complain about". There's been a great deal of quality in the line so far, whether you choose to acknowledge it is an entirely different story.

15. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I think there's a lot to come yet. So far I loved Cyberverse and deluxe Starscream. Just waiting for the whole Wreckers thing to see in which size they'll get done right, either deluxe or HA. And Dino.

16. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Haven't had the urge to buy a single DOTM toy.
    Was really hoping for a new mold voyager Ratchet. If they end up releasing a premium style version of Sideswipe I might get that, the figure looks pretty cool.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    DOTM as a whole is just merely OK. I think there's too few good ones compared to the "meh" and "bad" ones. I liked ROTF much much better than DOTM, myself

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This covers my feelings about the line.

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm severely disappointed in the size of the deluxes and the voyagers. While the MechTech weapons can be cool, it seems like it's wasting plastic that could have been applied to the figures to make them bigger. I was actually looking forward to DotM figures to integrate with my previous 2 movie figures, but they're just too small.

Ultimate Optimus also seems like a wasted opportunity to me. Had that trailer been the Circle O' Weapons, I'd been completely on board. The new mold for the cab also is a deterrent. I would have been happier with another RotF leader Prime mold with the trailer I spoke of.

Also, while I know that Human Alliance has never been a officially in a certain scale, I feel like the "basics" are all over the place. The drivers are now even smaller than the already small HA figures. Add to this is the Shelfwarmer Blackbee, and I'm barely interested.

The Wreckers are a bit all over the place, too. Honestly, I'd like to see a "clean" version and a weaponized version in each size class - not have them just randomly scattered.

[Possibly/Probably?] No leader Megatron and Shockwave really have me disappointed - especially with yet ANOTHER Bumbleebee that's enormous.

I really miss the days when there was one figure of each character per line.

Those are my gripes.

I have to say that the packaging is simply fantastic. I have found myself being temped just by the sharp packaging alone, and I wished that this level of treatment was used on the previous two movie lines. It really shines with the deluxes. My hat's off to Hasbro for this alone.

Cyberverse is pure win. Those of us who really like Legends figures are simply eating this up. I compare the Cyberverse commanders with their previous Legends incarnations and it blows my mind that I have some of these Cyberverse figures in my hands.

Anyways, those are a few of my thoughts. :) 

20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It has been lackluster to say the least, especially when it is compared to the original movie and ROTF. They had stuff fo everyone with Revenge and even anticipated what people would want in future releases after the initial push (Leader SS, more amazing Human Alliance figures).

It seems like there is very little that was WIN with DOTM and even less with what is upcoming in the line. I have drastically fewer figures from this line and hardly anything that has been confirmed for a later release interests me at all. I am seriously surprised at how poorly Hasbro has handled this line after how well they did with ROTF.

Oh well, more money I can spend on awesome 3rd party stuff like the Coneheads and Hercules.

Super bolded and isolated for emphasis.

100% agreed.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011