Is Animated Cybertron Mode Megs worth getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AniProwl, Feb 9, 2010.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Like the question says. Is that toy worth having in case you missed out on the other TFA Megatron toys? Because there's some in a nearby store and I was hoping to get it since I don't have a full fledged Megs yet.

Also, can someone do a group shot of it with Movie Voyager Optimus, Classics Ultra Magnus( maybe with City Commander armor), Classics Jetfire, Energon Starscream, and Animated Shockwave?

Thanks.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Avoid like the plague.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Nachtsider's right, it's complete ass. A mate gave me one for free, I still feel overcharged. Seriously though, it's probably the worst Megs I've got, and I've got a lot of him.

Alt mode's rubbish, and doesn't hold together well, bot mode's worse, his cannon just hangs next to his arm. The 2-pack Deluxe is better than the Voyager, and it's not that great either.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the deluxe is an awesome figure, the voyager sucks balls, only problem with the deluxe is that it is a bit floppy, but it can be fixed

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    go leader or go home empty-handed. he's ok-ish, but not goid for your one-and-only Animated Megatron.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I don't understand why everyone hates it. Sure the fusion cannon is attacted in a horrible way, but it can be detatched as well. It's not my favrite TF toy by anymeans (NONE of the Animated toys come close) But the Voyager Megatron is leaps and bounds ahead of that terrible leader Megs mold. No knock knees and much better articuation.

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's ok at best. As others have said his alt mode isn't anything, the cannon just kinda floats above his arm and it's sword mode is laughable. If this is to be your only Animated Megs hold off and look for the leader version.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

My local TRU has had the animated leaders on sale for $20 for weeks now. And I bought an animated leader Megs at my local Walmart for $20. I know sales aren't the same in every store, but worth a look around. You might be able to score the leader version for the voyager price.

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Check Walmart if you can - a lot of them have Animated Leader Megs on clearance for $20, about the price of the one you're asking about in my area.

10. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Leader Megs is awesome in my book. The right scale and even though I'm going to remove the batteries, the sounds are fun. (He makes the transforming sound and has different sounds depending on which mode he's in)

He's probably my favorite Megatron figure that I have and this is coming from a guy who hated Animated just a few days ago.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think it's a good figure, and definitely worth owning. It's not perfect, but it's not a horrible figure.

12. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    ya. he is twice as articulated as Leader megs, cannon is fine if you pose it right. one of my faves.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I like voyager Megs. He's got a cool looking robot design and the arm cannon can be adjusted to look good for display.

Now leader class Megs on the other hand is in a league of his own. He's the best Megatron I've seen in many years, a must buy IMO.

14. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Eso.

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    go with the deluxe

although it is hopelessly floppy

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's an alright figure, definitely not worth paying more than retail price for, though.

17. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Coming from someone who owns every Animated Megatron mold, (I'm a big fan of the character), I'd rank em in this order

Leader
    Dlx
    Voyager
    Activator

To answer your specific question, the Voyager mold isn't bad at all for being a better colored version of the very fun Deluxe mold. It isn't worth the 20 bucks, I paid 8 in a deal on the Junkion forums, but it definitely isn't the trainwreck that some people have said it is. If you like the look of him, and if you can accept that it's essentially a robot doing yoga with some partsforming then by all means get him. Just try not to spend more than 10 dollars if you can help it.

18. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I like the Animated Voyager Megatron. He's got a really interesting look with some transformation points that are pretty cool.

19. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 Well-Known Member

It's really not that bad. I have the figure, and he is decent. His alt mode is better than the Movie1 version of Megatron,but still is meh... His robot mode is pretty cool, very articulated too! The leader version... I hate when you want to make his legs spread a little bit apart, because they are TOO close, then when you do it, just one click away, the legs are too far apart:mad ! That is my only problem with the leader....

20. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    leader megs all the way