Is a new Transformers: Ultimate Guide coming out before the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by EzLink, Feb 14, 2007.

1. EzLink

EzLink Member

I really want to increase my Transformers knowledge, and I saw the Ultimate Guide at one of my local bookstores a few days ago. I had it in my hands, getting ready to pay for it, when I remembered a post from here stating that an updated one would come out before the movie. As hard as it was, I put the book back, figuring that I could wait a couple more months. After I got home, I tried to look it up on the internet... however, after about a half hour of searching, I didn't find one place that mentioned a new Ultimate Guide would be coming. So, if there is going to be a new guide, could someone maybe give me a source and also tell me when it comes out? Thanks!

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I (personally) haven't seen any solicitations for it, but Simon Furman did confirm that he had done some work on a new Ultimate Guide book. I don't expect it to show up until after the movie, however.

No idea what's going on with it, it's by DK and they're usually pretty good at getting those out.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are a few books that have been solicited over the last few months. There is a new Ultimate Guide listed, but I don't recall where the listing came from or if it's even a DK release (although I would assume it is). Addiitonally, no idea if any of the dates that are attached to them will actually pan out to be accurate.

The Ark - Compendium Of TF Animation Models (05/07) 01600100805
    The Best Of Don Figueroa (05/07) 01600100813
    The Best Of Simon Furman (07/07) 01600100589
    The Greatest Battles of Optimus Prime and Megatron (05/07) 01600100708
    Transformers Toy Collector's Guide (05/07) 0896894452
    Transformers Ultimate Guide (05/07) 0756630126
    Transformers Visual Guide (05/07) 0756630134

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New Transformers Ultimate Guide

Old Transformers Ultimate Guide

Both written by Furman.
    Both put out by DK Children.
    Old 144 pages, new 152 pages.
    Old hardback, new paperback.
    New is due out on July 4th (according to Amazon).

My theory, just a few added pages that incorporate some of the movie universe, maybe new cover art to go along with the new paperback cover.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting that the new version is a paperback. I made a preorder (thanks for the link) and as a bonus, got free shipping combining it with another previous preorder. :D  I argee with your theory and think there will be a mention of the Cybertron series too.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    man, that sucks...i dont wanna buy a new one, especially a paperback for only 8 more pages on info....what they shoulda done is made this volume 2 or something, and started it right at the last point in the first one...oh well....

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I would love to get this for my son. I wonder if they will carry it at chapters.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, alright! They're updating the Ultimate Guide! I checked that book out of the library a couple of times in the past year... really hope to buy myself a copy, even more so when they come out with an updated version.