Ironhide's death / Sentinel betrayal

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

We all saw what happened in that scene, and seeing Prime's face when he arrived in NEST he was speechless. But what if Optimus was present at that time, you think Sentinel would still kill Ironhide? or Optimus would try and talk to Sentinel when they found out he was the KEY?

Thanks

2. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I hated that scene, ya know because I love Ironhide.. But if Optimus was there it would have been different of course... I don't think Sentinel would admit being the Key here. But if he did admit to being the Key anyway, I think there would have been a big fight, Optimus and Ironhide would have taken out Sentinel SIMULTANEOUSLY.

3. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Agreed. Even if Optimus were injured or killed, He wouldn't have allowed Sentinel to take out Ironhide. If Optimus had showed up in time, we would have witnessed the most awesome action scene of all three films!

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Maybe not action but a big Argument between Sentinel and Optimus

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The fact that Ironhide was at that moment watching out for Decepticons with his back to Sentinel, it's not far to imagine Optimus would be distracted too. Sentinel could probably have rusted either Optimus or Ironhide right there, or even both. Ironhide likely would've pulled a heroic sacrifice/save and taken the shot meant for Prime though.

Then again, Sentinel likely would've killed Ironhide out of the two. He apparently still cares for Optimus somewhat, since he later spares him, hoping Optimus would come around to his way of thinking. Likely when he kills Ironhide, he makes a speech to Optimus, "This is what will become of all who oppose me!"

6. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I don't think Optimus would have his back on Sentinel, he would be right next to him, making sure things are going according to plan (Not Sentinel's plan)

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    It's a definite possibility though. Ironhide trusted Sentinel as well and wanted him safe, but he still had his back to him, and was a prime target for rust. Who's to say Optimus wouldn't be focused on keeping eyes out for danger to his mentor, predeccesor, friend, key to the Decepticons' plans, and father figure?

8. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Yeah but Optimus would be keeping eye on him while the rest of the Autobots would be surveilling and monitoring Decepticon activity and I'm sure Crankcase and Crowbar alerted the Decepticons about the Autobots location. And where were the Wreckers at the time?

9. Chromia217

Mearing said they were not let off the base much while working on the Xanthium bc they are A-holes

10. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What made them A-holes?

11. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Prime is at the scene, maybe Ironhide will not die because Sentinel alone can't deal with Prime & Ironhide.

12. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

Yes! I can see it now, Optimus and Sentinel having a scrap, then Ironhide gets his Heavy Iron 2.0 weapon out, and rages on Sentinel,

13. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironhide will not have the chance to shoot at Sentinel when Optimus Prime is around because Sentinel has not shown his true colours as yet at that point of time IF Optimus Prime is around,he know he will be outnumbered.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Well I don't think that Sentinel would choose to kill an Autobot when Optimus is right there. Since Optimus would go all blood crazy on Sentinel right then and there.

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they're just a bit to rough to have around civilians.. you saw them verbally attacking that Nasa worker, just think how they would act in Traffic.

16. Chromia217

I don't think they are, I think they are quite awesome, but those were Mearing's words as to why they weren't allowed off the base.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I don't think Optimus and Ironhide would kick Sentinel's ass as you guys say, remember: Sentinel was the guy that subdued Optimus [TWICE] [Washington and Chicago] and managed to fight off Ratchet, Bumblebee, Sideswipe AND Mirage/Dino at the same time.

I mean, holy shit, this guy overwhelmed the whole Autobot Force alone without any help, and kicked Optimus' ass twice.

If Optimus were there, the only difference would be the amount of bodies rusting away [two instead of One].

18. just1nj

just1nj NERD GAZETTE

I think Optimus would say the exact same thing Mearing said 'hey Sentinel, what is going on?' and let Sentinel leave because its only halfway into the movie.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Okay if that happened Optimus Prime is a real dickhead then.

Honestly Optimus would have talked things out with Sentinel and we he convinces him to turn good. Wham! his head is decapitated. Sentinel wouldn't know what happened to him. :lol 

20. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

I doubt it.

Had Sentinel turned on the Autobots if Optimus was there it would've been his doom. Optimus is Optimus, and I think the only reason why Sentinel beat him the first time was because Optimus was still a bit unwilling to accept what his former mentor had done. Second time...yeh I guess Sentinel beat him fair and square, but then that didn't turn out well for him anyway. And Optimus has kind of proved that he can take Decepticon faces with ease...

Then you have Ironhide who casually shoots Crowbar in the face and then follows by ripping a spear out of his shoulder/chest and sticking it in Crankcase's face in a matter of seconds.

Optimus and Ironhide are the strongest of the Autobots by far, and also the largest. Sentinel had an advantage over the Autobots in his 1v3 against Ratchet, Bee and Sideswipe because of his height advantage. Optimus is about the same height as Sentinel and Ironhide stands at around his shoulders/upper chest.

And to go with it, all the other Autobots and most of the NEST forces are nearby. Sentinel chose an ideal moment to admit his betrayal because he was able to shoot Ironhide whilst he wasn't watching (pretty much eliminating the only Autobot who would've stood a chance against Sentinel) and because not all of NEST was there (Ratchet, Optimus and Que just plain weren't there, whilst Dino and Sideswipe were in a different section, leaving only Bee to deal with Sentinel, and Lennox also implies twice that he does have quite a few men out hunting for Decepticons).