Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide4, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Ironhide owning cons in the three movies and having blasted the dreads apart with sideswipe I feel very angry at the writers of this movie and at bay for having sentinel attack Ironhide. Why would they have him attack Ironhide as surely when SP attacked Optimus it should have been a final blow instead of attacking Ironhide for no reason. Sentinel only attacked Ironhide which made absolutely no sense. I was totally disgusted at how Ironhide was treated in this movie. If anyone should have been attacked it should have been ratchet or bee who've slithered through the three movies unharmed. Surely none of the autobots should of been harmed by sentinels betrayal but the betrayal enough should have hurt. I feel very let down and personally very annoyed.

2. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

ironhide was the biggest threat in that moment, it made sense to take him out and not give him a chance to fight back

big boy went down because he was a threat

3. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

He attacked the NEST soldiers and Bumblebee too. Then he destroyed the entire base.

Ironhide just happened to be the closest threat to him at the time.

4. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, your sig... Nice.

5. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    And the most logical to backstab.

After seeing him in the Dread fight - Sentinel probably didn't fancy his chances one on one, so took him down the only way he could to guarantee his safety.

I just wish Prime had brought him up in the finale. It'd have been a nice bit of closure.

6. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

made sense to me, don't see why you care though, the autobots sure didnt.

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Wait, you call getting your legs blown off clear your body 'unharmed'?

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What do you mean no sense? He was on the opposite team. That's like saying Megatron attacking an Autobot makes no sense. He also fired on Bumblebee but missed since Bumblebee saw him coming.

I'm sad Ironhide died to, but don't get mad bro, it was for a good reason.

9. ironhidefangirl

ironhidefangirl "I needed that!"

I think it was just because Sentinels a SOB.
    JK
    I do agree that Ironhide was a threat and happened to be standing the closest, but watching his death was just shocking. It was so sudden and very brutal.
    RIP Ironhide :cry 

10. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I just wish they kept the Twins in the movie just for their death scenes in that same scene (as seen in the novel)

Not because I hate them, but I think it would have been a more powerful scene if more former main characters were just killed off like that

11. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In addition to being the biggest threat, Ironhide could definitely draw the most impact by dying. I could not imagine feeling so shocked if it were any other Autobot (besides Prime and Bee, of course).

12. optronix2171

optronix2171 Decepticon

I just felt saddened because ,he was the most loyal autobot,and sentinel prime didnt even give him a chance(he did some sort of carbon rust attack.) So he didnt even get a chance to be seen by ratchet.now Q,he was a bitch,and the goofiest looking autobot ever,didnt feel bad.

13. el gordo ninja

el gordo ninja Autobot

ironhide was a beast and sentinel knew it. sentinel saw ironhide as a big of a threat as optimus. ironhide is my favorite character and it saddens me to know that he died the way he did. i look at it like this, in star wars obi-wan trained luke to be a jedi but died at the hands of vader and luke went on to become a great jedi as obi-wan would have wanted. the same is to be said about ironhide training sideswipe to be a great warrior; ironhide may be gone but sideswipe is still around to kick ass and take names just as ironhide would have.

14. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Man I wish SO much that Bay had kept the scene with the Twins vs. Sentinel. I HIGHLY doubt that people would mind if that was the only scene with them in it (other than the hanger of course)

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought they would have Prime mourn Ironhide's death, but nothing was said about it.

16. el gordo ninja

el gordo ninja Autobot

i think when optimus executed sentinel it was optimus' way of getting revenge for his friend ironhide in some way. even though no words were spoken, optimus' actions spoke for themselves.

17. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Besides Bumblebee and Optimus, Ironhide was the most popular autobot among fans. Optimus and Bumblebee are too important of characters in the story to kill off so Ironhide was the next best thing. Bay wanted to let watchers know that sentinel was a legitimate threat unlike the fallen.

18. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

this is what i think, the way Optimus doubletapped him. I think one shot was for death, the other for Ironhide, though it should have been with the Rust Cannon

19. nodonnell1986

nodonnell1986 Well-Known Member

I think it was to get people emotionally vested in the movie. Ironhide was a fan favorite, his death caused people to become more emotionally involved in the film....it obviously worked, there's tons of threads/posts from ppl upset he died. Plus, bumblebees the poster child for the movies, they'd never kill him

20. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hated to see ironhide bite the cosmic rust. He was the the only one who put threat to his plans.