Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    is he getting a toy? i havent heard much and im dying to get one-i think his interpretation in the show is fun, and i love the alt. mode, so im hoping he doesnt end up a Ratchet Retool (though making him and retooling him into Cyb. mode Ratchet would be fine w/ me). so anyone think that he might get a toy?

2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I want one, even if its a retool, ratchets face looks horrid on the deluxe

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He isn't getting a toy yet, that we know of. A retool/repaint of Ratchet is most likely the only way we'll get him, imo. Personally I'll just be getting the Ratchet version of the mold, due to the similarities to Dr. House. I just got $10 from my Aunt and Uncle for Halloween, so it shouldn't be too long till I go out to Target and get him.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even another Activator head-swap repaint like Cliffy would be enough for me.

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Do you know what'd be spectacular?
    If he got the same treatment as wasp.

When/if he comes to earth he gets an Elephant alt mode, and we get a toy of that.
    Of coarse it'd be light years ahead of the Beast wars toy.

The idea expressed in this post can be used by anyone who feels like it.
    ;) 

6. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Why an elephant?

7. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    Because that's what Beast Wars Ironhide was.

and if it helps. IDW retconed him into being G1 Ironhide.

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    that would own. And I would own it.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting idea. Not sure I'd get it, but I'd have to see what he looks like to form an opinion about it. An elephant alt-mode would fit this Ironhide's personality really well, imo. Though he'd either have to turn into a red elephant or just not have that much visual difference between his normal and combat modes, where his combat mode would basically just be a bit lighter and shinier than his normal mold. A buffalo would be even more fitting, and more interesting, imo.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i mean, Hasbro would have to be thinking unclearly-Repaints! their favorite thing to do with a mold is repaint it. so just make the Ironhide, and repaint/retool it to be Ratchet Cyb. mode.

and even though its similar to Universe 2.0 Ironhide, alot of people are turned off by the panel side thing, plus the part of him where he can barely see cause his head is set so low. and its blue. perfect chance for Ironhide fans to get an Ironhide

ooo, beast modes sound cool too! id hope for like an elephant or a buffalo or maybe even a rhino-that way it would still go with "Ironhide." though i still hope for his Cyb mode

11. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

i'd love some maximals to counter the predacons.

12. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    It'd be nice to see a new mold for Ironhide, but more than likely we'll get a retooled Earth-mode Ratchet instead, if anything at all.

Of course, either the deluxe or activators mold would be fine with me.

13. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I think there is a good chance that both Ironhide and Cliffjumper will get retools of the existing deluxe Ratchet and Bumblebee toys.

The thing is sure they could do Cybertronian moulds for BB and Ratchet and get Ironhide, Cliffjumper and Wasp out of the deal but honestly it makes more sense from a financial perspective to be able to get 5 releases out of 2 moulds than 7 from 4 moulds.

Sure there are folks who might buy a CJ, Ironhide or Wasp that was a cybertronian form that wouldnt buy retools of the earth BB and Ratchet but there would still be alot that would, it may not be 100% accurate but really they can get away with it.

Hell it would be more cost effective to have Ironhide and CJ go to earth and scan earth alt modes even if they were only on earth for 1 ep and pow retools of the Earth modes are show accurate and for much less cost than doing cybertronian forms.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Do what's rite, dude.:thumbs2: 

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    head remould...but the weapons conscern me...the only weapons he's got is that silver powerup thing that sentinel and wasp punch at?

16. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    If they were going to use the earth rather mold, they'd have to do more than just give him a new head. They'd also have to get rid of his "gut", and give him new accesories.

17. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I dont think getting rid of 'the gut' is essential sure it does help put across aspects of Ratchets character but I hardly think its that much of deal breaker on Ironhide and the head and accesories are all small parts which we have been told are relatively cheap far cheaper than a new mould or the extensive retooling that would be required to make the existing mould into a Cybertronian one like what they did with deluxe Optimus.

The retooling for deluxe Ratchet>Ironhide would be less extensive than Prowl>Samurai Prowl.

18. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    The deluxe Optimi are separate molds that use simmilar engineering.
    They are not retools of one another.

Although I' personally prefer that all of the main autobots get cybertron mode toys eventually. By eventually I mean "within a decade".