Been working on this guy on and off for about 3 years now. I started off doing the usual mis-transformations, but finally came up with a better look and solution recently. It does involve cutting some plastic and cutting through a couple of small pins in the junkular region. I swapped the legs around, flipped the crotch down (vents facing straight down), then cut a chunk of it off. This position helps the chest to stick out more like G1 toon and also looks better than some of the ones we've seen that have left the bumper folded down for bot mode (which I was also doing originally). I made the head more G1 using styrene (he needed G1 toon 'hawk!) and I added some Gundam fists that I cut up some and glued onto the existing hand hinges and ball joint post. Overall, the new transformation and all gives him better height and bulk. I also ball jointed the head so he can look up (finally) and pose in different directions. This guy is still a WIP, but he's nearing completion. Before anyone asks, he still transforms like the original, but the head has to rotate 180 degrees before folding into the chest (also had to shave a bit in that area to allow the head slide right in. Planning to do a bit of work to the forearms to help hide the ball jointed hands a bit, but not sure what I'll do just yet. And last, I cut the flap behind his head and hinged it so it can fold down in bot mode. These are still basically "puzzle-formers" in alt mode, but I wanted that bot mode much more G1. Did some painting here and there (silver and a little red to try and see which shade I wanted to go with). Hopefully I'll have some time to get him painted up soon.