Ironhide toy question **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ok, so we've seen ironhide twice now-will he get a toy, and how do you think they will do is Iron Hide ability? im guessing either it will come wit a clip on piece for is chest, te chest will flip over, or they could try somehing like a rubsign-get the red hot, and it turns silver ^_^

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If we get a toy of Ironhide, I personally think it'll be a repaint of Ratchet with a new head, and that it'll either be all red, all silver, or mostly red with say his arm or something silver. An entirely chromed up version of him would be cool, but for some reason I don't see it happening (not at mass retail anyways).

Edit: The odd thing is, this is the one case I wouldn't mind buying a figure that was mostly chrome, and I'm not a fan of chrome on TF's to begin with, let alone one that would basically be all chrome.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I vote color-changing paint that turns from red to silver when exposed to warm water - something like the G2 Stormtroopers.

4. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

How about they do it like the Botcon Mirage? Make the exclusive version all chromed up, as the giveaway figure with the set.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Maybe one is Ironhide as his Red/Black Colors and one is Ironhide as Silver Color become a store something like Toy R'us,Wal-Mart or Target.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    if they release a cybertronian Ironhide, i guarantee ill buy 2-one for normalness, one to paint silver lolz

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I can't imagine a Ratchet repaint as Ironhide unless they make a new Ratchet. Ironhide is not a medic, does not have magnetic powers, isn't old and out of shape, and has never been to Earth.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't see them making a new mold for Ironhide, so a repaint/retool is all I can see them doing. They could maybe give him different add-ons for his arms. I'd be up for a Cybertronian Ironhide toy that's pretty much all chrome, but for some reason I don't see it happening, though this is one case I hope I'm wrong and it does happen.

9. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they have to do a cyb ironhide so they can do a cyb rachit!
    and i would like a all silver repaint *silver paint not crome i hate that*

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually silver is the most likely way they'll go if they do make a toy for him. The Animated line seems to have more of a flat color trend with it instead of the usual shiny plastic, so chrome wouldn't really fit in that well with the others, though it would still be pretty cool imo. If they could get the whole change color due to exposure to warm water to work and look good at the same time, that would be pretty cool, though I would actually rather have something that I could display in his armour mode all the time, instead of having to constantly dunk him into some warm water to get that affect.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    If they were going to do Ironhide, they'd probably do a Cybertron Ratchet (like Cybertron Prime) and then simply repaint him and give him a new head for Ironhide.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Just cybertronian and red is fine. Leave 'silverhide' for a botcon/japanese exclusive.

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    How about an Ironhide that's actually made out of iron.

Okay, that's just wishful thinking. Those diecast days just aren't coming back. I will be severely disappointed if they don't start with Cybertronian Ironhide(later to be retooled into Cyb Ratchet). Good repaint potential, and this way they both get toys.

I think a Cybertron Ironhide figure is well within the realms of possibility.

14. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hes been in it 2 time just as much as lockdown so i think theres hope

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think Ironhide's first appearance was more of a cameo, and second appearance wasn't a big role. But he may make future appearances, if they shift the story to Magnus and Sentinel(given that Ironhide was asking for backup in that first appearance).

The possibility of a mold being produced is only increased by any episodes featuring Cybertron Ratchet, such as the first episode and the episode with flashbacks to his encounter with Lockdown.

In that sense you could say the Cybertron Ironhide/Ratchet design has appeared in 4 episodes.

16. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I figure it will be a straight repaint of eath Ratchet. All they need is a new head, different bottom parts of the arms can be redone solid without the magnets, and the emp spot. I dunno the acessories. Oh yeah and modify it to fit rid of the light bar and the lights on the shouders. I just hope that hes not like got splotches of metal showing. Ironhide dose have the stomach. http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Autobot_Cadets.jpg

17. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

that would be awesome i vote for this to...i love thermal toys

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Agreed!Leave that sliver paint crap away from good ol' ironhide!

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, considering how few characters there really are in this series and how long Hasbro wants it to last... I can totally see them doing Ironhide at some point. Especially if the character starts to get more screen time in season three. Not to mention that the remold potential of Ironhide's Cybertronian alt mode into a Cybertron version of Ratchet would be worth it as well.

20. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    That would be pretty cool