Ironhide Theory..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Igniting_Prime, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    First off I'd like to say this is my first ever post! I've followed this site for the longest time, but never made the push to join, so here I am!

Anyways..

Idk if anyone has noticed, but there has been a high lack of Ironhide's Toplift Truck during the filming of battle scenes, which leaves me to think. Based off the superbowl trailer, do you think that the 2 Dreads are going to finish off Ironhide in that scene? As much as I would HATE for Ironhide to die, I really do feel like that fight of Ironhide vs The Dreads will be the last of him..
    So what are your thoughts on this??

2. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I really like Ironhide but yeah I have a feeling he is going to die. I guess it would be cool if it was against the dreads. I just hope he goes out guns blazing and that there is some semblance of mourning for him.

3. bumblebee1979

bumblebee1979 Member

My first post as well. When I saw the Dreads and Ironhide, I thought back to seeing the Dreads with MegaTron. My theory is MegaTron lets the Dreads wear down Ironhide and then boom, sneak attack like on Prime, Ironhide done.

Just a thought.

4. Igniting_Prime

News Credits:
    Thats a really good idea also! Never thought of that. But I have a feeling if Ironhide dies, it will have atleast something to do with the dreads. I think he is gonna be able to beat the crap out of the both of them, kill one of them, and just as he kills that one, either the other dread or megatron kill him from a sneak attack. But in no way is Ironhide gonna go down easily...

5. bumblebee1979

bumblebee1979 Member

If I remember right, someone earlier in the movie stated Ironhide and Optimus were off on a separate mission. Wonder how Prime fits in with this, if at all.

6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Ironhide will just barely kill those two...and then a ton more come.

7. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    we know for sure is that Ironhide goes up against 2 or 3 Dreads & the Armored Decepticon Bank Truck in the film

but yeah, as most, including myself, think he will be going out in a blazing of glory in DOTM

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dont care if he dies, there needs to be Some Autobots Casualtys in the films

9. Igniting_Prime

News Credits:
    Maybe the side mission he goes on has to do with locating Megatron, and that's where the Dreads are introduced, along with a fight between them, ironhide, and megatron?

Edit: Also, as Ironhide is finished off, Optimus either kills the other Dreads or Bank Truck or Megatron and they flee after. Or the Autobots flee after the take down of Ironhide.

10. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Ironhide = Boromir

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    here's the question:
    will Prime carry his carcass around and use it like Jetfire's... or will his toss him aside like Jazz?

12. Igniting_Prime

News Credits:
    Prime will take his beast weapon set and wear it with honor to kill off the Decepticons.
    Either that or Optimus will distribute it to the twins so they atleast have somewhat of a chance in the battle..

13. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    He tries to take the ring from Sam and is killed by Urukai? (sp)

14. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    or will they actually dedicate a scene and some dialogue to the issue. We'll have to wait and see...

15. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ironnhide better not die, they should kill a sucky character like ratchet, it'd be an absolute joke if Ironhide is killed.

16. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    It's far more emotional if they kill Ironhide (as much as I love him). It's like when they killed Wash in Serenity. Or to a lesser degree Steven Segal in Executive Decision.

17. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

I really just hope that if he dies by the dreads he takes on with him. And another bot kills the other dread in a badass way saying " this if for ironhide"

And I really did wish that this last movie was the one that jazz dies by the hands of megatron....

18. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

I agree Ironhide better not die I like him, seeing him clash with the two dreads is already telling me hes going to have a more important role.

19. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    ^ i would kinda rather see ratchet die over ironhide too. I really like how hes been presented in the movies. But from the looks of it, it seems ironhides the one thats gonna bite it

Edit: was meant for Ironhide4's post

20. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as Ironhide goes out guns blazing, I would be ok with it. Also, let a named villain take him out, don't let him fall against the Dreads. I would not mind if he took out several Dreads, wearing him down, and then Megs or Shockwave comes in to deal the fnal blow.