Ironhide removal doesnt make sense

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 11, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i was reading TFwiki and i read that Ironhide was meant to appear in this show, but was scrapped as according to the toys featurrete from the season 1 set, they didnt wanted to confuse kids who only knew the movies by having Ironhide in here as he was set to die in the third film. (despite the movies and show are not in the same continuty). but after reading this i realized it doesnt make sense at all, since the show have Wheeljack, Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave, yet they died in DOTM, but they are still in it. so this doesnt make sense at all

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

from what I heard basically, they said he was scrapped because he was close to Bulkhead's character and chirisma.

3. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    starscream and megatron are the only ones that bear more than a passing resemblance to their movie counterparts. ironhide has pretty much the same alt mode.

4. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Ironhide was scrapped apparently because they wanted someone new like Bulkhead. But who knows Ironhide may appear in Prime.

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Your examples rely on the fact that Wheeljack and the 'Cons were remembered as anything other than the bad guys and that one scientist who died. Ironhide is one of the main good guys from the first film and quite memorable, and thus holds far higher priorities compared to Wheeljack and the 'Cons in that regard.

Well, that's my take on it anyway.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    When in doubt, blame Derrick Wyatt.

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I think kids accept bad guys "getting better" after being dead much more than they accept the same happening to heroic characters.

When it comes to Wheeljack, he was never called Wheeljack in DOTM. Audiences who didn't bother with the credits or keep up with toy news only know him as "Que".

8. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    There are 2 reasons why Ironhide was removed.

1. They didn't want to confuse kids with an alive Ironhide

2. The Ironhide they had created was too much like Bulkhead, and instead of using a rewritten Bulkhead as Ironhide they decided to just use Bulkhead instead

9. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

It isn't that they wanted a new character like Bulkhead, they wrote the character as a nicer more well reasoned Ironhide then realized that "Hey you know what, We're pretty much just writing Bulkhead; let's make it so!"

10. Redsonjustin

Redsonjustin Banned

Exactly, thats a crock of crap and ironhide's more popular than wheeljack, look at the hall of fame!

11. Redsonjustin

Redsonjustin Banned

lol

12. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I have a feeling he'll still be in the show.

Trust me.

He has more toys confirmed than some of the characters actually in the show.

13. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You don't even watch Prime, so why are you so worried about it?

Besides, Bulkhead makes for a better kid-friendly character in Prime than a crusty, cantankerous old vet like Ironhide would have. Ironhide would be better as a Wheeljack/Tigatron type character.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Why would you need Ironhide when you have Bulkhead? It's redundant.

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I don't think it would be bad to have Ironhide show up, but it'd be best to have him as a special guest star or something like that.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Ironhide was removed because they developed a bruiser type character with a soft heart and decided Bulkhead fit this role better.

17. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    They obviously had multiple reasons for writing him out: his death in DOTM, his resemblance to Bulkhead, keeping the cast size to a minimum, etc.

That doesn't mean he won't show up later on, although personally, I'd rather see Jazz or Warpath.

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz should have been here from the start. Don't know what the writers were thinking. The Autobots roster should have been: Optimus, Bee, Ratchet, Jazz and Ironhide. You'd have your leader, scout, medic, weapons expert, and 2nd in command/spy.

19. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

It makes no sense for DOTM to have impacted Ironhide's character when Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave are running around in TF: Prime after dying in DOTM. The movieverse is a separate verse, anyway.

I would go with the "they chose Bulkhead" instead theory, maybe figuring he fit better being a guardian to a kid than Ironhide.

Regardless, I've never considered Bulkhead and Ironhide to be the same character - they just share a couple of traits or an archetype. Good writing could allow both characters to exist on the same show. Not that I expect they'll play it that way - Bulkhead would probably have to die before Ironhide was brought in as anything more than a guest character, which is disappointing.

20. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I fail to see why Jazz is preferable to having Arcee. TFP is the first series to treat a female TF like a character.