Ironhide: Remembered

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Ironhide1706, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

UPDATED - Ironhide: Remembered

FINALLY! Update as of 6/1/2012.

"Prime we couldn't save him."

"Awww Jazz...we lost a great comrade but gained new ones. Thank you, all of you. You honor us with your bravery."

Optimus thought back to the day in Mission City. Megatron was dead and there had been much to do. So alas, Jazz never got a proper send off. Now, five years later, Optimus was guilt-stricken. Jazz had been one of his oldest and most trusted friends, second only to Ironhide. Ironhide...he never even got a send off whatsoever.*

'How could I have let this happen.'

Optimus thought as he lay motionless on the operating table, Ratchet by his side reattaching his lost arm. The war had taken a heavy toll on everyone involved, but the worst hits were here on Earth. Jazz, Ironhide, Que, Elita and Dino. Que was a great scientist and had such a lovable personality. Dino with his wise cracks and amazing swordsmanship. Jazz.........and..........Ironhide..........Elita...........They were all killed when Optimus was away, unable to save them. Only Elita was killed before his eyes, crushed by Shockwave.

Some of the humans and even Ratchet had questioned Optimus' new brutal tactics during the battle in Chicago. He had explained he wanted the war over and wanted to get it done quickly. This was true of course but what really sparked it was his comrades' death. The onslaught before he made it to Shockwave was unnecessary but the war needed to be ended. And those Decepticons had slaughtered many humans. Optimus didn't believe in revenge but....Shockwave crushed Elita, Megatron ripped Jazz in two and Sentinel....they deserved to die but Optimus had done some terrible things. Ripping eyes out, tearing heads off and discharging a shotgun in the head point-blank. Never before had he done these, and he never planned to again. Optimus had experienced many emotions before. Guilt. Sorrow. Pain. Loss. But now these overwhelmed Optimus completely. His surviving allies couldn't know how broken he was. They could never know.*

"Finally! All done Optimus!"

Optimus's train of thought was interrupted by Ratchet's voice and kind smile.*

"Thank you old friend.."

'I want you all to know I will always believe in you and honor your memory. Rest in Peace my friends. Rest in Peace my allies. Rest in Peace....my brothers.'
    Update as of 31/8/2011

The Autobots had never seen Optimus Prime so depressed; he had been completely silent ever since the news of Sentinel Prime's betrayal. Standing amongst the rubble, Optimus had simply looked down into the wreckage below for the past hour. His mind was racing, far faster than it had ever gone before. Many thoughts sprang full force into Optimus' head, some repeating themselves over and over. These thoughts were all along the same line. Betrayal, Disbelief, Anger.*

But the thought that came up most was loss. Optimus had seen many brave soldiers die, some his closest friends. But never had he been shaken in such a way as today. He had just lost his greatest, most trusted friend and ally to both his and Ironhide's mentor. The loss was torturing him on the inside, trying to stay strong on the outside for the sake of his allies. They could never know how broken he was.

*After the first hour, Optimus lifted his head high and turned to address his comrades. As he entered the hangar Optimus was pleased to see his troops already lined up. They saluted as Optimus stopped in front of the line.*

"Autobots, today we lost a great comrade. A comrade who was courageous, persistent and loyal to the end. We must not dwell on how Ironhide was killed, but why. Sentinel is planning something with those pillars. We must pray he has not got too much of a head start. We will find him. Autobots, transform and ROLL OUT!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I originally posted a similar story in the movie forum but changed it a bit for more emotion. Hope you guys like it.

Optimus Prime walked slowly among the rubble that was once the entrance to NEST. Concrete lay everywhere, pipes and supports littering the carnage. But Optimus barely noticed all the wreckage as a mound of rust came into his field of vision. A solid shape sat in the pile, vaguely resembling a head.*

As Optimus closed in on the rust, his spark nearly gave out as he recognized the face despite the horrible disfigurement. His optics flickered as the Autobot's knees gave way. He knelt beside the rust, washer fluid leaking out of his optics.*

Bowing his head in grief, Optimus picked up the head softly, knowing how delicate it was. When He spoke his voice was barely a whisper.*

"Nothing I can do could show how sorry I am. You always stood by me, and I wasn't there when you needed me. I can only imagine how it must have gone. A surprise attack would be the only way to take you down. This is all my fault Ironhide. They will pay. All of them. Your sacrifice will not be in vain. I will kill them all…I am so sorry."

Optimus lay Ironhide's head back down upon the rust and was motionless. One minute later, he stood and began to walk into the hangar. The sight that greeted him tormented him even further. The hangar was a wreck and the humans were all frantically trying to treat their wounded. He took a step and heard the voice of Director Mearing to his left.*

"Take a look Optimus! This is all on you!"

Optimus' face fell. He was speechless.*

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. AutobotDefender

AutobotDefender The Last Prime

Very emotional and well written. Great job!

3. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

This should have been in the movie. Like AutobotDefender said above, great job.

4. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Yeah. this should have been in the movie, but alas, it's never going to happen.

5. Ironhide1706

You never know…;) 

6. OrionsBelt

Hey, maybe they'll release an extended edition like they did for Lord of the Rings!

7. Ironhide1706

WIN!

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Very beautiful. I wished they had shown at least Optimus Prime's reaction to Ironhide's death in DOTM, but... *sad sigh*

Always thankful for fanfics that can provide things that the films lack.

9. knightwind12

knightwind12 Well-Known Member

tear came 2 my eye imagining this it was perfect

10. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    This was really well done. Good job. :) 

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

That was fantastic. You should update it with him finding the remains of the twins as well

12. OrionsBelt

And Lennox breaking the bad news to his family. If Sam's family can know about the Transformers, there's no reason why Lennox's family or Epps family too for that matter (originally, Epps's wife was supposed to be the middleman helping to get Optimus Prime to Egypt) shouldn't know about the Autobots as well.

13. Ironhide1706

I'd be happy to guys. Twins tonight :) 

14. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Great job on this one.

15. OrionsBelt

Lennox Aknowledges.

Lennox jumped into the passenger side of the Humvee, and shouted at the driver, Wilitz, to get moving. "Head to liaison headquarters B. We need to get to air and ground commands, and it looks like we're going to have to initiate Def- con 2, maybe even 3!" Lennox took a deep breath, and let out a heavy sigh. In a matter of seconds, the game turned completely around. "How could we be so stupid!" He shook his head. Wilitz just gave a quick glance at his commander. Lennox stared blankly at the road ahead. But Wilitz knew better, Lennox was thinking like 10 steps ahead, he always did. It's why he survived this crap for so long. Wilitz decided to talk, to keep the awkward silence from setting in. "What do you mean about how we could be stupid, Sir?" Lennox sat back in the seat, grabbed a tissue from his breast pocket, and tried to wipe the grime off of his face." It never occurred to me." Shaking his head in distraught, " We know many a Decepticon faction has rebelled and gone Autobot, but it never occurred to me that the same thing could happen, in reverse. Hell, we should have realized what could happen when we first encountered Sideswipe. He was on the edge of a sword for a bit! Ironhide even told me his own stories, how he...." Lennox stopped in mid sentence. In a rage, he hit the dashboard of the Humvee with considerable force. "SON OF A BITCH!" He roared, his tone betraying his feelings of anger and regret . " We should have seen this shit coming!" Wilitz could do nothing but just keep the vehicle steady. Everyone was feeling the weight of Ironhide. That was the fact of war. You rarely got to say good-bye. But the Autobots were like these indestructible warhorses, the thought that they could die was usually pushed to the back of ones minds. The thought of someone like Ironhide dying, was like impossible.

Lennox sighed heavily. "Pull over to the nearest gas station, I need to make a call." Wilitz looked at Lennox, a little puzzled."Yes Sir, I see one up ahead!" He quickly pulled off the highway and into the parking lot of the gas station. Lennox got out, and headed right for the pay phone. Lennox knew he was breaking protocol, but this wasn't like it was back in Qua-tar, or Egypt, or Mission City. This was practically in his back yard, and while he had a duty to his country, he had a bigger duty as a husband and father. He wanted his family out of dodge. He slipped in the quarters and dialed the home number rapidly, trying to curt his breathing. His wife's comforting voice answered. "Hello?" "Hey hon, listen!" Lennox started. He became conscience of the tears in his eyes. He brushed it off as just irritation from the smoke in the air, but the moment he heard his Wife's voice, he knew he wasn't kidding anyone, especially himself. "Thank goodness. I heard about what's going on it the city, what the hell is happening???" She was calm, but the concern and worry was heard through her voice. Lennox cleared his throat. "Listen, I don't have time to talk, just take Isabelle and head to that secret place we talked about. Don't tell anyone, just pack quick and get the hell out. You know the drill, no phones, computers, be on the look out for the symbols on cars you don't know!" He could hear her take a deep breath. "Is Ironhide going to come and take us this time like we planned, or you want me to drive?" Lennox knew this was going to be the hard part of Ironhide's demise. His voice was strained, and he knew it carried his emotion over the phone,quite well" You're going to have to drive, Sarah, Ironhide was killed!" The silence was deafening. He all of a sudden could hear Isabelle in the back ground. He guessed she was eating dinner. Her small little girl voice was definitely strained. "Who?" Lennox knew Sarah didn't have to say anything,and then he immediately heard Isabelle's muffled sobs. Right then, his tears hit his cheeks, it finally hit home. His family was in danger, and his little girl's biggest hero, not to mention his best friend, was not going to be around to protect her, or give her that big, gruff bear hug Ironhide always gave her when he stopped by the farm. It pained him even more that he couldn't hug his little girl and give her this news in person. Soldiers really do sacrifice alot. The thought of being a soldier snapped back into his sub conscience. He glanced at the Humvee. "Hon, I got to go, we'll have a time to grieve later, just get to safety first!" Sarah sighed again, and the crackle in her voice could be heard indefinite. " Yes, you be careful, and we'll make this right, OK Will!" Just before she hung up, Lennox felt another pain shoot to his heart as he briefly heard his wife try and comfort Isabelle. "Oh honey, I'm so s"....CLICK. The silence was cold. Lennox placed the receiver back in it's cradle and marched back to the Humvee, the mixed emotions of being a soldier, commander, a man who just lost his best friend, the realization that his wife and child could be in danger. It was a lot, but Ironhide would want him to continue, and he wasn't going to let the big guy down, even in spirit!

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Great job! I really felt sorry for Isabelle :( 

17. Ironhide1706

Too right fantastic job. My apologies to everybody I have been really busy :( 

18. IronPrime80

IronPrime80 Autobot

Got tears in my eyes reading this. :( 

19. OrionsBelt

No, don't be. Your first post was so excellent, I wanted to find a way to keep the thread alive besides bumping it. I participated in something like this in other message forums, taking turns with other members in fan fiction writing (is this really fan fiction, I see it more as filling in the holes that were left out)

Ironhide1706 still has the twins to write in, and while Michael Bay wants us to forget about Mikaela, I can't. Someone needs to write what she feels when she sees the shuttle explode on the news. She was friends with Bumblebee after all. Right??????? And then of course, we have Epps and his family we never got to know.

20. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

Great story!!