Ironhide - Red of Black?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Apr 6, 2011.

?

Red or Black?

1. Red (G1)

27.1%
  2. Black (Movie)

72.9%
  1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I would like to start a poll for the long debated issue of Ironhide's colour. many fans are implying red would be far better but before you jump to conclusions let me ask this.......what if we leave and you were wrong? Sorry I couldn't resist. :p  What I really ask is, is the only reason you want Ironhide to be red because of G1? I haven't seen nearly the amount of arguing regarding Ratchet or Jazz's colouring. Please, voice your opinion and reasons!

EDIT: Please excuse the spelling error in heading. :banghead: 

2. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

BLACK, i liked G1 Ironhide but Movie Ironhide is soooooo much more awesome!!! :D :D 

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Black! thats the Ironhide i know!

4. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    i like both

what i dont understand and also pisses me of, is that why cant they paint ironhide red?!! im not a G1 fan (became fan in 2007) whats wrong with giving GMC a call and tell them we need a red topkick or whatever his vehicle mode is. i'd rather have him red to make some people happy. they get optimus correct, with a red and blue truck, not an ordinary..lets say grey. ratchet repainted green and white, couldn't ironhide be fixed?

5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Problem with that is, GMC discontinued the Topkick brand.

I like black Ironhide, he was probably made black for the same reason Ratchet went from red and white to green--so Optimus could be the big red robot that kids would instantly recognize.

Besides, Ironhide would still be black even if he was painted red, the smoke from all those explosives in his guns blowing back at him would cover him in soot.

6. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

:lolol 

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

too many white and red g1 autobots.

movieverse ironhide is awesome.

black.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    in the movie lineup he's better off with a black color maybe, but I'd still like to see him with a red paintjob.

http://host.trivialbeing.org/up/transformers-20090528-ironhide-bonus.jpg

Really hope the upcoming Leader Ironhide will get this repaint..but probably not.

That wouldn't really be a problem though: they'd just paint one of their own Topkicks, or if neccesary: build one themselves.
    All of the movie cars are being built and customized by skilled crewmembers...I think they even built the movie 1 concept Camaro, and movie 2 concept Corvette, Spark (Beat) and Trax on their own using blueprints.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  9. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    A wee bit off topic, a couple of months before ROTF came out, I remember seeing a video on Youtube of a guy in his late 30's screaming and moaning like a child because Sideswipe was going to be silver, he didn't give a reason as to WHY this was bad, he just kept saying "Sideswipe is not supposed to be silver!! He is RED!!" and all I could think was "Why does this matter so damn much to you?"

Anyway, back on topic, I'd go for black.

10. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Black fits the movie design perfectly. Red wouldn't look right.

I wouldn't mind seeing some red repaints with the figures, but movie wise, making him black was a smart decision.

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

BLACK... movie Ironhide looks awful in red (at least in the red that is recolored in the game)
    but for the toys, c'mon, give the G1 (and movie) fans a Red repaint, you know you want Hasbro, you LOVE repaints... you gave them White Ratchet (with TWO molds), G1-ish Jazz and Prime and Bee doesn't really need to be repainted... why not Ironhide from the main crew? xD

12. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

yes this

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'd like to see the universe toy with the movie character's paint scheme, though I do prefer red.

14. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

redd not blackk

Actually, the GMC Topkick wouldn't look nearly as good in red. So I prefer him in black.

[​IMG]

no wai!

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I was thinking of that picture. I have to admit, Ironhide looks sexy in red but black makes him more badass. I don't see to many red trucks. The same with Optimus which is partly why they added red flames.

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I was thinking this same exact topic the other day.

The design for movie Ironhide is hard to picture anything but black and the only reason I think G1 Ironhide was perfectly fine as red is he had that roman esque head design.

Movie Iron hide holds so little resemblence youd just be making him red.

you could add accents of red or make the red REALLY dark but for the most part on that model it just doesnt seem right to change it now.

If you make his grey parts silver and his black panels red and give him a more lofted head and a roman helmet like arch and more human face then it works. other wise he just looks like a dog in his current movie form and they are black brown or white. which any of those colors work way better than red.

I begrudgingly pick black lol.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

This.

18. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

A red Ironhide would just look goofy. I'm more than happy with black.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to say red.

Ironhide is meant to be an older Autobot from all the things released about the movie character and when I think old iron I don't think of black I think of red because old iron will rust.

The first film also had too limited of a color pallet. Some red mixed with brown so that he was a different red than Prime would have brought a bit more color to a film that was too heavy on silver. With the night shots the metal bits wouldn't have seem the overwhelming color. Kind of also needed a color that would stand out more as an Autobot instead of looking like a Decepticon color.

I know some people think it's just the most horrible thing in the world to ever be nice to old fans but some nods to old fans doesn't break the box office so red would have been another argument for the movie not being just new fans only no old fans allowed.

Plus the Warhammer 40K Orcs say that red ones go faster so that's good enough of an arrangement for me.

20. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    According to Bay, and I'd say a few other directors too, Red doesn't film all that well, reflects too much light or something. Same thing with white I would assume. That's why Prime has all that extra blue and the flames, to break up his colour scheme a bit so he looks good on camera. You know . . . For the Femme - Bots!

I like both, but it depends on which continuity it is. Black suits some versions of Ironhide, where as Red/Orange might be better for other Ironhides.

But if I had to choose, black.