Ironhide not confirmed to appear on Transformers Prime and other tidbits

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BotCon 2011 - Transformers Prime Interview with Executive Producer Jeff Kline Transformers

+ While there is an Ironhide toy coming, there currently aren't any plans to have him on the show. However, with 65 episodes planned, they still have a ways to go.

ransformers Prime
    CHARACTERS
    + Megatron was put out of commission so they could allow more time to develop the characters, especially on the new characters.

+ Wheeljack left because they felt it was true to his personality and they do plan to bring him back.

+ While there is an Ironhide toy coming, there currently aren't any plans to have him on the show. However, with 65 episodes planned, they still have a ways to go.

Related: Read the Hasbro Brand Panel Report, where the Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Ironhide was previewed

+ The Hub team chooses characters by defining the role and then they refer to Hasbro to help identify who would fit that role best. Hasbro will recommend the best character and the team will sometimes tweak the robot some to do other things that are uncharacteristic.

+ Hasbro gave the Hub reference style guides for each of the characters. However, they leave the design to their lead character designer, Jose Lopez. While he always tries to honor the colors or specific shapes of the character, Jose starts from scratch with those elements to create their very own vision of the Transformer.

+ We are definitely going to see more of Silas.

+ There will be story arc that addresses Bumblebee's voice and how it came to be, or not? They want to tell the story how he lost his voice and maybe even have him get it back.

+ With regard to Bumblebee, they do their best to not contradict what is in the movies. There are places where they have, but do try to keep it consistent with the movie, as well as Exodus novel, video games and the whole Universe. They want to put their own spin on things without contradiction.

Related: Read the review of Transformers: Exodus

+ With regard to the Unicron references, Jeff says they have talked about it, and they try to pay off on everything they talk about so keep watching as it could be done in "some way, shape or form."

+ We will see some other sub-groups in the show. The only limitations they have is budget and time to build. While they can do everything. They want to bring things in that will add to the show and carry it along. If/when they do something, it will be part of the long term arc as it is just not worth it to do a one-off.

+ When they kill a character, he is really dead. If he comes back to the show. It is in a flashback or some other non-linear way.

Related: Kline Keeps Open Dwayne Johnson Possibily Returning to Transformers Prime

+ There is likely to be some faction switching a la Dinobot.

FUTURE STORY IDEAS
    + With regard to the Matrix, over the course of 65 episodes, they will be getting into a lot of the mythological "touch points" of the Transformers story.

+ It is possible we will see the Transformers off planet Earth.

+ The mythology for Prime is that Cybertron has been destroyed. The Decepticons cannot take over Cybertron, because there is nothing there. This is why the robots are on Earth. For the Autobots, the mission it restore Cybertron to what it once was.

FUTURE PLANS
    + When asked about a Transformers Prime movie some day, Jeff say they have talked about it. If the fans support the show enough that it could be successful as a feature, it could happen.

+ There is an on-going conversation about a possible GI Joe / Transformers crossover. It's kind of complicated crossing the two different animations. But it is the dream of everyone involved to do a crossover. As long as Jeff is on-board he will keep pushing for it.

+ There will be more multi-part episodes in the future.

+ Having a lot of episodes, 65, allows them to do more character planning as well as sign up a better crew for the long term.

+ With regard to following the Exodus timeline. They are mainly concerned with not contradicting what's been defined. For instance, they don't want bring in characters that have been killed in already.

+ They would like to incorporate classic things like PSA and other jokes. Jeff joked of one where they show Optimus and Megatron fighting and then it cuts to Peter and Frank fighting in the parking lot.

+ We are going to see some new Transformers technology in later half of season 1 and in season 2 that will be featured prominently in the show and this was largely taken from the mythology. They want to be true to this because they know it comes with a built-in fan-base.

PRODUCTION
    + Transformers Prime won't get into the origins of the Transformers. However, they do want to do multiple shows and another series may tell the story of Optimus and Megatron.

+ Nothing is wasted. Because of the investment in CG design and creation. Everything we have seen up to this point will be reused at some time in the future.

+ Kurtzman and Orci are quite involved in the process of creating the story. They approve all the artwork and other things.

+ They were able to get The Rock on the show via Krutzman and Orci. They wanted to surprise people and thought it would be really cool to kill him.

+ Marsha Griffin is credited with incorporating the Ghostbusters references.

+ They have little interaction with the toy group at Hasbro. The SDCC Optimus Prime Matrix exclusive does not reflect something that happens in the cartoon.

+ They created the show in half the normal time, one year instead of two. So they decided to do a mini-series to get the show on the air and then give them time to keep working. This was the reason for the gap between the mini-series and the regular episodes.

+ They are still working very had to catch up with the schedule. They are working with a group named "Polygon" out of Japan who are said to be the only ones who could pull this off in such a short amount of time.

+ They had to create a show for both long term fans and new comers. They are focused on building a new generation of young fans. They want parents to introduce the show they love to their kids.

+ While they are focused in keeping 7 year-old kids engaged in the show. They are also trying to incorporate enough complexity that is over kids heads for adults to enjoy the show as well.

+ The choice to use CGI with Transformers was to appeal to kids who have grown up with a more live action look. They also wanted to separate themselves from the animated look of that last few Transformers cartoon series.

+ They are not doing anything to Cullen's voice. If Cullen sounds different, it likely due to his maturity.

2. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    After reading spoilers from "Operation: Breakdown" I wonder if
    Breakdown will be the one to switch sides. His conversation with Starscream at the end of the episode seemed like a foreshadow. Or maybe 'Screamer will go Armada and join the 'bots?

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That makes me wonder what the discussion for Skyquake was.

That'd be odd. But potentially interesting. Would get me to watch Renegades again.
    Maybe they could do a two parter in where it starts on one show, and then continues into the other one.

I'm gonna need to start reading those books.

Oof...Ambitious. I'd hope they don't end up biting off more then they can chew.

I'll need to rewatch the past episodes. I think I missed those.

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Wow/ all cool reveals. Cannot thank you enough. :D 

5. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    awsome, Reading this pumped me up for the series as a whole even more.

6. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

All this info makes up for the disappointment of Ironhide not joining the cast. Interesting read that certainly got me pumped up for the show. Cheers! :thumb 

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    no thanks. me want jsut lvie action tf films

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    "When a character dies, HE will stay dead?" All the Arcee and Airachnid fans are happy.

Yeah, somethings mentioned makes me exited for the future of Prime. But I wish someone mentioned the Seekers, and if they are going to appear.

9. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Bee might get his voice back? Ooooo, if he does end up getting it back, I am extremely curious to know how he will.

Hmmm, a possible TFP movie if fans approve of such an idea? I'm all up for it! I approve of the idea! :thumbs2: 

Ok, now things are getting more interesting by the second. A nice little reference to Dinobot/Armada Screamer. :D 

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Actually that was addressed in another panel, and the answer was no.

At least for now. And if they do show up, they're not going to be Screamer clones, or use the same character model as Screamer. They want to keep Screamer's character design unique to him.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    >While they are focused in keeping 7 year-old kids engaged in the show.

7 year olds love on-screen robot murder.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Call me crazy but if they did decide to use Thundercracker and Skywarp I think the Skyquake design would work the best. Starscream the rather thin and hunched over schemer while Thundercracker and Skywarp were the big dim witted goons he exploits when he needs some muscle.

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    All 7-year-old also love torture, freezing to death, and guts and sparks being ripped out!

14. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    This needs to happen.

15. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    +1

Gotta be honest, this has gotten me even more excited for the show! I can't wait to see how most of this plays out over the next couple of years, assuming that that's how long it will go on for.

And I'd be all up for a Transformers Prime movie!

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

You're crazy. But I could see how that might work.

If they shrunk it down to be closer to Screamers size, gave it a new head, and rotated the wings up, then I could see that working for Thundercracker.

I'd rather they do something more original with Skywarp, just to keep a variety.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When Jeff said they're planning "more series", I REALLY hope we will get a show about the 13 or their version of WFC by the Prime team.

It just seems right to have those two stories done in the CGI style.

18. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this sounds so awesome!

19. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

And my wait for Ironhide to appear is now extended indefinitely. At least we'll be getting Prowl soon, and who knows ? Maybe more...

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I think the Skyquake design (with a new head) would/could work very well for a Skywarp, but for Thundercracker, he needs something a little smaller and smoother.

I liked TC in WFC for being textbook intelligent (but not socially inept), but I also like G1 and Movieverse TC for being a supreme aerial warrior. If they could find something between Starscream & Skyquake's size, as well as combine those two aspects of previous TCs, then I think we'd have a damn good Seeker team on our hands.