Customs: Ironhide and Ratchet Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by The_Waspinator, Aug 26, 2007.

1. The_Waspinator

The_Waspinator Well-Known Member

So, I'm thinking about doing my own set of custom Ironhide and Ratchet figures since Botcon Ratchet in particular is very hard to find plus making my own version could be a fun project. I know that Classics Ironhide is being made, but since customs are fun for their own sake I might do it anyway. So, the question is what to use for heads and whatnot.

Ironhide is easy, since several people on this board have done good customs of him. An Energon Tow-Line that has been decapitated, given the head of Classics Astrotrain and Classics two-pack Optimus Prime's gun, and repainted works pretty dang well and I will probably follow that example.

The real problem is Ratchet. Again, Energon-Towline will probably be the base for the body, though I might need to find some cheap ambulance toy to dissassemble for its light bar in order to make the van a better match. But what should I use for the head? Does anyone know of a good, relatively easy to find toy that has a properly sized and Ratchet-like head?

Please let me know.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am using Astrotrain's head again, and just carving some horns/crown out of some plastic. That's probably the best it's gonna get. As far as the light bar, I just ripped one off of Moive Barricade. It sowrks pretty well. It's still a WIP, so I will post pics when I get some more work done. Hope that helps

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am using Astrotrain's head again, and just carving some horns/crown out of some plastic. That's probably the best it's gonna get. As far as the light bar, I just ripped one off of Moive Barricade. It sowrks pretty well. It's still a WIP, so I will post pics when I get some more work done. Hope that helps

4. The_Waspinator

Actually, I just kind of thought of an answer to my own question. What about an Energon Checkpoint head? It's not perfect and it looks a little more Prowl-y, but it's pretty good:
    [​IMG]

5. The_Waspinator

Actually, I just kind of thought of an answer to my own question. What about an Energon Checkpoint head? It's not perfect and it looks a little more Prowl-y, but it's pretty good:
    [​IMG]