ironhide and rachet, a thought

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by eternalshades, Jun 8, 2008.

1. eternalshades

eternalshades Member

now that animated ironhide is pretty much a vet sorta but not the crotchity old vet he was in g1, I am wondering something.

is animated rachet the same rachet in g1?

If so, maybe g1 ironhide died in transformers the movie and when he hears of somebody else taking the name, chews out the "wanna" be something fierce :-D

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Animated is not in the same continuity as G1.
    Unless you're one of those people that try to (painfully) force everything into the same time line.

3. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ratchet is from the Animated "great war" I would love to see a special where they explore this "great war"

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Nope not really Animated Ironhide is from the same young bot generation as Bumblebee and Bulkhead.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Animated and G1 are not the same continuity.

Also, Ironhide is from the same new generation as Bulkhead and Bumblebee.

While Ratchet served in Animated's version of the Great War.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ratchet and IH are related in Animated. BB makes reference that he and Wasp were both forged from the same protoform mould. Maybe implying they have some sort of family tree? (Cliffjumper showing up supports my little thinking thought :p )

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Although, just to play Unicron's advocate, there is evidence to support the theory that although Animated may not be the same continuity as G1, that it might branch off from the same history. Namely the 'history vids' of the G1 cartoon that Optimus was watching at the opening to TARO.

How far back they might have diverged is another matter though; particularly whether the diverging point is within living memory or not. If it is, then maybe EternalShades could be onto something... ;) 

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't recall there ever being as much of an explanation for other same-mold characters in prior shows. They were either generics, or clones, but nobody ever stopped and said "what makes Starscream different from that vomit colored jet in the background there?"

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I've always supported this theory. But this Ironhide's no vet - he's of Bumblebee's age group, or slightly older.

10. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    See this thinking is why I wish they hadnt given us the G1 nod by using that g1 footage and instead simply did so new animation with a bunch of stock body bots and such then maybe people would see it in the proper context.

There is NO evidence beyond what people cook up in their heads the G1 footage was used as a nice little nod to oldschool fans 'THATS IT' my god why is it so hard to understand Animated is a RETELLING its not part of the same continuity as G1 it amazes me that people see what was simply an easter egg as some kind of platform for ridiculous g1 ties.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This is why I like Animated. Before if you had a repaint he was either you, really powered up, or you long lost brother come to bust your chops. But here, they offer an explanation while still leaving some of it up to interpretation.