Ironhide #3 - Spoiler-filled thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by tusko, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Pfft. Crazy ass crazy talk. You expect an author to know what he's talking about?

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I expect that dude who started "the creation of Drift" thread to be mad now that another writer has defied McCarthy's intentions.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the whole "A3 can't believe Ironhide doesn't know who he is" bit is just for humor, especially since the reader probably shouted "HOLY SHIT IT'S ALPHA TRION!" and here's grumpy Ironhide like, "um who?" and A3 is like, "you gotta be fucking kidding me..." I thought it was hilarious. I really doubt it should be read any further into.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, on the McCarthy Moonbase 2 interview, McCarthy made a comment along the lines of "Well, is a Transformer ever truly dead? I won't bring him back but I expect someone down the line will.". So this does fit with his intentions.

5. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I fully agree. I think we like to read into (no pun intended) things a bit too much, kinda like how we wanted prime to be a hologram when he suddenly appeared healthy in AHM after Ratchet said he was going to die.

6. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I agree, and I think there's a real potential for some future storylines here, because Sunstreaker absolutely has to pay for what he's done. He tried to take the easy way out and kill himself while saving the others, but it hasn't worked out that way. So let's hope Costa takes the next logical step and follows up on what Sunstreaker's done.

7. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Wow. I agree with this too. But I also hope Sunstreaker gets some sort of resolution for his trauma.

8. Andersonh1

Ebay:
    I do too, but it doesn't need to be quick or easy. There's a wealth of drama to mine with Sunstreaker, and I hope that's not squandered with a quick fix.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    And then in this issue, they not only bring back Sunstreaker, but also introduce a mcguffen that makes copies of transformers' minds. If Sunstreaker's memories can stay inside Hunter's mind, then it's not a big leap to assume that there's a copy of Hunter's mind in there somewhere. It's really just a matter of what to bring him back as.

Personally, I'd have Alpha Trion bring him back as a techno-organic transformer, ala Sari. That way he could still be normal-ish while being able to do things with the Autobots. Maybe make him a Power Master?

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I liked this. I like this miniseries. I like "I'm Alpha Trion!"

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There's always that Pretender tech kicking about. Shells that look human isn't new in the TFverse.

But will Sunstreaker's apparently immortal spark be discussed? :p 

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The only problem I had with Sunstreaker is a continuity error. In AHM Coda the only thing laying on the bottom of the revine was his jawless head. Here, though, his entire body is still in tact.

13. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Perhaps he was putting his body back together like Beast Wars Waspinator could do after getting smashed to bits. Although Sunstreaker is probably helped by his immortal spark.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Someone needs to by Streaker a drink.....dude's been through a LOT of shit......

15. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

just a flesh wound that a little energon on the rocks can mollify. he'll shake it off, no problem

16. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    what bugs me most is that in 4 years(ongoing #1 takes place 3 yrs after AHM and this issue takes place a year after ongoing #1), no one ever bothered to go check on sunstreaker's body? Not even sideswipe? Even if they think he's dead, no one went and recovered his lifeless corpse to give him a proper burial or whatever cybertronians do with their dead? Even if he is a traitor, he deserves better than being left in a lifeless pile of insecticon abominations.

I also don't think Alpha trion is bludgeon, and i'm with the A3 is going crazy after being alone for 4 million years camp (clearly scamper isn't capable of good conversation).

17. Andersonh1

Ebay:
    I think you have to chalk that up to artistic interpretation since the pile of Insecticons and the position of the bridge fragments look different as well.

It's entirely possible that Sunstreaker is just buried under the Swarm and Ironhide digs him out.

I had wondered that myself, and raised the question somewhere. I'm assuming that since we see them essentially trapped on Earth in the ongoing that the Autobots didn't have the resources to get back to Cybertron to recover the body. It does seem disrespectful though.

But Ironhide's attitude seems to indicate that this is not the norm. He's annoyed at being "left behind" and tells Sunstreaker that they're both in the same boat. So I'm guessing that leaving the dead or presumed dead where they lie is not normal procedure for the Autobots.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  18. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Just finished reading it, picked it up while I was in town.

Is the city that AT is in, is it Metroplex?

And I also think AT is a bit loony, I'd be very surprised if he winds up being Bludgeon in disguise.

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given that the 'bot who doesn't say much that brought Ironhide in is Metroplex's little buddy Scamper, I'd say it's highly, highly likely.

20. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I'm surprised that a guy that's been living within Metroplex had such a hard time building Ironhide a new body. I'd imagine 'Plex would have extensive robotics fabrication facilities, and there's obviously no shortage of materials or energy (since the entire city is lit up).

Maybe the whole thing is an illusion.

Mindwipe?