Iron Warrior Pioneer (TFP Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Recon734, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    While this isn't the TFP figure for me, I'm still happy to see that series starting to get some 3rd party loving.

I'm holding out for either an upscaled KO of the FE Prime with upgrades at MP size, or a whole new (transformable) mold at MP size. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  2. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I just got the biggest painting boner hearing that this might be a model kit on a sprue. When I was building battleships as a kid, this is the kind of kit I really wanted to do.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ah. Very cool. Like a Gundam kit then. Those are fun. Then yeah, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to hope this comes in at under $100.
    ...hm... Checking Amazon for perfect grade Gundam kits (they're approx 12" which is roughly in the ballpark of what this figure looks like it'll be... maybe a little taller actually), it looks like they start at around $130. That seems kind of expensive for a bunch of plastic on sprues that you have to assemble yourself. Having a hard time nailing down what 3p TF DMKs go for. They're kind of all over the place from around $50 to well over $150. Well, at any rate, if it's under $100, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll have to think about it but probably not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ooh, that's true. This could be a lot of fun to paint. You can spray right on the sprue tree and then do touch ups when you cut the pieces off.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Are those first party kits at that cost?

6. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

The Gundams? I have no idea. I just searched Amazon for perfect grade Gundam and sorted lowest to highest priced. Amazon obnoxiously included several master grade figures so I had to scroll through them until I found a few pg ones. I'm not much of a Gundam person (most of my knowledge on Gundam figures comes from researching what kinds of hands I could get from them to use on my custom Arcee that I'll maybe someday get around to finishing). It looked like they started at around $70-80 (there was one for $50 but I'll assume that was a fluke) and went up to stupidly high $200+ prices.
    For transformers, the first party prices were generally pretty low. $30-70 maybe. 3p were higher but again, all over the place, so I couldn't really get a feel for what this will cost. I guess we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

Gunpla's prices varies alot, mostly because quality and size of the figures does too. The official Transformers DMK goes from 50-60 to 120-150, tho the lower price was for the BB kit which was obviously significantly smaller than the two Optimus ones. Not counting price scalpers, of course.

If I were to make a bet I'd say this kit will be around the 100-120 bucks. Depending on plastic quality and if and how much painted parts there will be. Given the character design it'd be possible there's no paint in this figure at all, which could save us a few dollars and give us all the more reasons to paint him up ourselves.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    They will update more prototype pictures next week.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  9. er4smiths

er4smiths Optimus Prime Titan

News Credits:
    Can’t wait! Looking forward to their Megs reveal

• Like Like x 4
  10. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I loved the series , had the entire line at one point as well . This looks really cool ! Unfortunately, non transforming transformers is a no no in book. So close !!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

Oh Jesus, I’m gonna end up collecting these too aren’t I!

12. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  13. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    New pis (1/2):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Yeah, I need this.

15. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    MEGATRON, BE GONE..

Want, need, the lines get so blurred. There is one timeline with two points: the current where I don't have this yet, and the future where I do. I can't wait to get there.

The detail on this is incredible. You're not the designer, are you @TF10 ? I'd love to hear how whoever went about creating this and when the matching Megatron will be ready to look at.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    That's understandable and I respect that some people will never accept a TF figure that doesn't transfom.

However, in the cartoon, the character models would often defy physics. Kibble would often vanish or change shape out of nowhere. A perfectly cartoon accurate model will not have a very good vehicle mode. I feel that the robot mode designs are so good that I am willing to sacrifice alt mode to see them done justice.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    I am excited to think of the accessories we could get for these figures.

Imagine a removable arm for Megs

[​IMG]

Also, a Liege Maximo arm and a Dark Star Saber are must haves.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    I'm not,but I know the designer:) I followed him on Weibo.He does plan to make Megatron,maybe we can see the prototype soon.

19. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    The book The Art of Transformers Prime does a good job of conveying most of their basic transformation schemes, but I agree that there's too much fudging and shifting of parts to ever expect a real close 1:1 transforming figure of any of them. You're absolutely right about those robot modes though!

That's awesome. Any idea what their starting point was on this? Like, are all the parts scratch designed from reference art, or were they able to pull a base model from the TFP video game(s) and refine from there?
    I'm awestruck. I'm just comparing in my head the amount of hours I spend on little things like this and that, Vs a project like this. Just wow.

20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

In general I would disagree. I don't much care for non-transforming bots. Occasionally, though, for one or two that I really like, I wouldn't mind owning a non-transforming figure. TFP Op is one that I most definitely want, though I doubt I'd get anybody else from the TFP line.