Iron Man vs Green Latern & IM's powers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Predaking, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am determined to make a simulated fight between Iron Man and Green Latern after I saw one in Fwoosh where GL emerged victorious. I will get myself a GL figure (and Superman Returns Lex figure with the Kryptonite armor so GL can have his weapons) but first I want to know what kind of powers IM have that he uses in a battle mostly? Also please share your opinion on who'd win in a fight and why. It'll help me when I am mapping out the fight. Thanks.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know how to describe the battle but from the comics I have read, GL would win the fight...depending on who the GL is in question - if its Hal Jordon, no problem. I just find Iron-man over-rated...no offence to any of his fans.

Iron-man's fave weapon is the repulsor rays (fired from his palms) and various gadgets...just think of him as a man in a robotic armor. Of course, Tony's smarts also make him a dangerous foe to contend with.

GL would win the fight because of the Ring's ability to come out with almost any weapon.

Some facts about the Power Ring:

i) How strong the weapon the Power Ring can "come-out" with depends on the user's will-power - the stronger the will-power, the stronger the weapon.

ii) The Ring's only weakness is to the colour yellow...so I guess Iron Man is kind of safe in that area...kinda of hard to explain that...

I would consider GL's power as "cosmic" as in Silver Surfer-like.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The yellow impurity no longer affects the veteran Green Lanterns. It's just something that the rookies have to learn how to overcome. The only Green Lantern with a weakness anymore is Alan Scott with his inability to use his powers on wood.

I will admit to not being up on Iron Man's current suit, but from the various times I've read his title and/or Avengers, I'd say he'd be pretty much screwed. A GL power ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe, and is limited only by the willpower of its user and its need to be recharged periodically. Next to that, Stark's armor is significantly underpowered.

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

A novice GL could take out iron man.. its not even close. and i really like iron man. the GL ring is limited to the users imagination, and doesn't have a yellow weakness anymore. which means that a GL could throw iron man in a green bubble. and throw that bubble into the sun. bye bye iron man.

Just look at one of the newer issues of GL vol.3. GL is fighting a battalion of rocket reds. (more or less iron man.) and he handed them there asses.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa...guess, I have out of touch with the GLs for awhile...but with the yellow weakness removed...its GL all the way!

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Yeah, I too like Iron Man, but I'd have to give a victory to GL because he can have any weapon he wants at a moment's notice, while Tony has to rely on what he's got on him.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    like everyone else, a GL would wallop IM...no fight at all....thatd be great to see actually....IMs a dick.... (IMHO)

8. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Why fight, when they could just merge again?
    [​IMG]

9. Sideways

Sideways Banned

good ol' Amalgam Comics....
    i had Spider-Boy, Magneto and the Magnetic Men, Doctor StrangeFate, and some more...

10. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    In a battle of brawn, yeah, Iron Man is screwed.

But, that's not what makes Stark into Iron Man. Imagine, as in issue 3 of Civil War, Stark used the sonic attack that he used on the anti-Regs. Naturally, GL would be able to create some earplugs almost instantly, but even that wouldn't be fast enough to block against a harsher attack.

And, given one fight with Nitro (way back in vol. 3), I wouldn't be surprised if Stark also figured out a way of emitting radiation that nullified (or at least weakened) the green constructs that Jordan uses. Then, there's always the fact that Stark could attack with his entire armory (as in New Avengers Annual #1), which, I'm sure, would be difficult to stop.

I wouldn't count out Stark's creativity and resourcefulness in this battle. :) 

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GL no contest.

12. Predaking

Well I supposed just about any superhero can be defeated by GL if he uses his ring to imprison them in a bubble. It also implies that Avengers would be no match for JLA if they fight. That's too bad.

13. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Kyle, Hal, John, Guy or Kilowog (the real veterans) would make Stark their bitch easily. I don't care how smart he is, Stark would be no match.

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I love GL, but this is one of the reasons I can never get into DC comics as much as Marvel. All of DC's major players are ridiculously overpowered. Marvel has a few like that, but not even close to the amount of DC's.

15. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

If its a battle that Iron Man knows he's going to be in, Iron Man would win. He would figure out some kind of weakness, like making them go blind. (Ra's A Ghul did this to Rayner in Tower of Babel, made his ring useless since he couldn't see)

If Iron Man got jumped by a Green Lantern, then GL would win.

16. Predaking

Maybe a flash of light or loud sonic boom might disorient GL and his ring will be temporary useless since it depends on the concentration and the willpower of the ringbearer to work. Thanks Boggs6ft7 for giving me that idea. :) 

17. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I could see it playing out as GL wins there first encounter. Tony goes back and analyses all the data his armor collected in the fight and come up with a way to weaken the ring.

A story like that could make both sides happy. Clearly GL is more powerful but given time Tony is the smarter.

18. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

The problem with that is that the ring acts like a bullet proof vest, if you tried to shoot a GL in the back, it would immediately pop up. I think this actually happened in the last issue of GL.

What I think a better way would be this.... Iron Man gets his hands on some Manhunter tech and incorporates it into his suit. He then uses this to drain the ring of its power.

POW!, GL goes down. The end.

19. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Screw this. Tony would do wha the did in New Avengers and remote control the armor. When GL attacks the armor, Tony snipes the bastard in the back.

Now that Tony has the Extremis virus, he can control every armor in the armory. I dont care how much power the ring has, he can't stop that much artillery along with Tony's smarts. Remember Hal is just a air jockey.

20. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Vs.

[​IMG]