Iron Man the Movie: Guess which important Marvel character is in it

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Ra88, Jun 21, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Sam Jackson as Nick Fury does not work; remember "Shaft"?

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I would have to say the Ultimate Nick personality is also based on Sam Jackson too. Stuff like "Man, this is a nightmare. We designed Giant man to be an action figure for god's sake he aint supposed to do stuff like this" and "Whatever man I ain't making any judgements" is so very much so Samuel "L" jackson.

On an unrelated note Man i'm gonna miss Millar and Hitch on Ultimates I mean if marvel had gotten Ellis or the guy who did Watchmen to replace Millar the book could have stayed as politically badass and gritty as it has been from the beggining but no they got Loeb so yeah the dream is dead and Ultimates was my favorite part about the Ultimate universe too.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'll give you Alba. She was horrible.

Downey? I'm not 100% sold on him, but I'll give him a chance before I blindly say "It's going to suck". That rings too closely to the people bashing the TF movie without even seeing it. I like Downey as an actor. He's played some good parts, and he can act. Hopefully this'll be another great performance.

4. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    Oh I love Robert Downey Jr. as an actor; he's one of my favorites! I just don't see him playing Tony..that's all. It's not that I'm not going to give him a chance..there is a certain persona that both Tony and Robert have that IMHO doesn't mesh.

The only thing I can say is that Tony and Robert both did their time with their respective addictions..hopefully Robert can play on his experiences to bring out the true demons in Tony, if you know what I mean.

Heather

5. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i saw a short interview with Robert Downey Jr. when asked about the villian of the movie he said that in many ways tony stark is his own worst enemy. i think he "gets" it.

6. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    Then there you go. :thumb 

Do you have a link to that interview? I would definitely like to see it.

Thanks, Heather

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'm not denying the fact that some of Sam is in Nick personality wise, but there's more to it than that you know? And that's what I'm affraid is going to get lost.

Yes, Millar and Hitch were great losses on the book and Loeb... the less I think about the books' future the better at this point.

8. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Didn't see this elsewhere 'round these parts....
    Linky goodness
    Samuel L. Jackson and Hilary Swank will have "cameos" in the movie, but Avi Arad didn't say who they were playing.

We've already guessed who Samuel L. Jackson will be, but I can't imagine who Hilary Swank will be. The Wasp? Maria Hill?

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    My pick is Bethany Cabe

10. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Sharon Carter maybe

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

YEEEES

I m now insane happy.

12. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    meh, the ultimates series had some really high highs, but their lows were just lame, i mean hawkeye still being alive, flicking fingernails?!!? LAAAAMMEE..the whole THOR insanity dellima...awesome...framing cap....awesome, and then the hulk just sort of shows up and everyones ok w/ him surviving the nuke they tried to kill him w/.....alittle too rushed for me...and they still took their sweet ass time in between issues and still that is all they could come up w/?

13. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I thought the fingernail thing was cool, makes him basically an ultimate version of Bullseye.

That scene makes with his fingernails makes me cringe anytime I think about it.

14. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I gotta agree with bogg that fingernail thing was totally bad ass.

Also Fury already knew that banner survived but due to lindoff half assing the Wolverine vs Hulk mini into indefinite delay-ness it does appear that Hulk just comes out of nowhere instead of having the stage set up for hulk to appear. My only dissappointment was the Ultimates leaving shield to be more like the Avengers even if it was handled as well as it could have been. Guess it doesnt matter cause I see Issue 13 as the finale not just for Ultimates 2 Vol 2 but Ultimates in general.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yeah -Hulk's return was supposed to be well thought out and plotted.
    But with Ultimate Hulk VS Wolverine being delayed into limbo that part of the story never got fleshed out. Did they ever show how Wolverine put himself back together?

16. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

If it is indeed true, I just shot one in my pants.