Iron man: the golden avenger

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by monkeydluffy, Sep 16, 2008.

1. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

i just felt the need to start a thread to make sure no one else buys this comic. Its hands down the worst comic i have ever read. I presume its aimed more at children but i dont see any reason why they would enjoy it either. Its a terrible story that would've been rejected in the 70s/80s for being too cheesy and crap. I just bought it because usually you cant go wrong with an iron man comic.The 4 part iron man series with doctor Doom wasnt exactly amazing but at least it was still fun, this is just awful. Imagine the oposite to the excellent invincible iron man series.
    so has anyone else had the misfortune of buying this crap?

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a completest, so I had to... I agree that it was pretty terrible... if they had sold it as a Marvel Adventures title (which it reads like it was supposed to be) I wouldn't have been that peeved... but when the solicitations went up for a knock-down drag-out new story involving guys like Spymaster and Whiplash I got REALLY excited, and this book was pretty much a piece of crap.

I think you should give Legacy of Doom more credit tho... Bobby Layton managed to weave a fun tale that sneaks itself right into continuity along side and adds some extra wink and nod connections to the two Doomquest/Camelot stories, and even the future IM stuff (2020 and 2093 and the Machine Man mini)...

3. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

ok i suppose legacy of doom was pretty good,its just that its was just after the movie came out and i was into the more "realistic" technology based stories than the more magic and mythology based ones