Iron Man network telecast on F/X...extra scenes?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by payton34, Jan 25, 2011.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I caught Iron Man on FX the other night, and I swear there were some extra/deleted scenes in it. The humvee ambush at the beginning of the movie seemed to last a bit longer, as well as the scene when Stark wakes up in the caves and the terrorists first visit him...it seemed different somehow (it's been a while since I've seen it on Bluray).

They used to do that (add extra scenes) back in the day when blockbusters made their TV debut (the original Halloween, Superman and Superman II as a couple of examples).

Did anybody else catch this, or am I imagining things?

2. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Possible, but seems unlikely. Perhaps whack that Blu-ray on and come back to us!

3. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I saw that too. Tony has a small conversation with Rhodey who's in the Humvee behind him on a mounted gun.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'm assuming this was on FX? It was most likely their "DVD on TV" presentation, they do that with a lot of movies.

5. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah, I caught it a few times when I was stuck in the house due to snow. There are definitely some additional scenes in the FX version. Mainly the scenes that people mentioned, the Humvee attack and the caves. I think that they add quite a bit to the movie actually.

6. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

These do sound like the DVD deleted scenes. To quote one excellent Youtube comment:

"The probably cut it for several reasons.

First, Tony Stark fires a gun. He's not supposed to be brave now, he's supposed to be a selfish asshole, which he is for the first 20 minutes of the film.

Second, the terrorists call out Obadiah Stane by name. If they mentioned Stane this early in the movie, we'd already be suspicious of him, and that would break the suspense.

I can understand why they cut it. It also ruins the pacing. Remember, this is only the first five minutes of the movie!
    "

I think that's a pretty concise assessment of the removal of this stuff.

I quite like the deleted stuff from the fight at the end (Rhodey flipping the Audi) but it's all unfinished stuff so would never end up in a TV cut.