Iron Man figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wreckgar, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Yeah, their stuff is beautiful looking.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

They are the only company making Iron Man figures I actually want. So far, I have their Hulkbuster and War Machine. The Armorized version is real tempting but I'm holding out in hopes for a Neo-Proto, Silver Centurion or classic versions.

3. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Nice! I want the Hulkbuster. Out of all the expensive HB on the market I think there's is the one to get (I know the others are all MCU versions, but still).

I'd love a Neo Proto and Silver Centurion. Those are the 2 best classic suits.

My favorite more modern suit is the Iron Secretary which this Armorized version is based off. It had that matte red in the comics but the metallic finish just looks so cool.

Do you need to worry about paint chipping with these? High luster metallics usually worry me. Sometimes they develop weird spots too.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  4. Slave IV

You have great taste in Iron Man armors!:D 

I don't think I'll ever need another Hulkbuster figure after getting the Sentinel version...that thing is awesome!

I still think you should go for the metallic...the matte I think is just because comics and especially Adi Granov's cover art style.

You should definitely be careful with these expensive toys but they do a good job designing them so chances of chipping is minimal. I think I've only heard it being an issue on Gatchaman G1 out of the figures from them I've been interested in. Paintjobs are gorgeous and I have no chips on any of my Sentinel figures so far.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Finally have gamma.. I really hope hot toys gives us all of the armors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Hey guys, question on the Hot Toys diecast Mark III - the faceplate on the standard head doesn't attach in any way, it just rests there and the slightest movement makes it fall off. There doesn't appear to be anything visibly broken. Is this just how it is or is mine missing magnets or something? Not even sure how to fix it aside from using a small piece of poster putty.

7. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I got the metallic Sentinel Armorize Iron Man at a local comic shop here. It's pretty rad looking. I do like it.

But I think it really suffers from the "armor up" gimmick. It's such a pain in the ass to pose around because of the armor bits either moving around or just falling off completely. It also looks a little bit gapy in some places because of that. I don't really want to dress up Tony so I'd prefer not to have the armor be removable.

The Tony head is pretty bad on mine because of the skin tone and paint blotches. Not really going to use it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  8. Slave IV

Wow, you got that quick! Tony does look like he has some kind of skin disease there. Is the armor held on with magnets? Seems like all the toys with magnets I've bought recently could use stronger magnets because they barely hold what they are made for unless you don't move or touch it. The Revo magnet that comes with some of their figures is fantastic. Shouldn't be hard since super strong rare earth magnets are available and they charge enough for thes figures to use them instead of the standard, weak magnets they seem to be using.

9. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

No, it all slides, pegs or snaps on. The arms are where all the troubles are. The shoulder pads don't have enough clearance so if you bring the arms up to far they pop off (there is a work around if you position the arms just right and put the pads on the slots half way) And the bicep pieces close around so they sometimes open up on you. And the forearm pieces like to move too.

I love this armor so I can forgive a lot more than I think most could. Not really a figure for most people I would say and judging by YouTube reviews of their other Iron Man figures this is the weakest as far as engineering.

But pics don't do justice to how rich and beautiful the paint job is.

10. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!
    Comicave Studios Cancels Iron Man Mark 7 and Midas Armor - The Toyark - News

[​IMG]

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That company was the best chance at getting all the movie armors too.

So sad. :( 

12. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

We were this close of getting the closest-to-perfect 1/12 scale Mark 7... and they pulled the plug off!!

And since this is my most favorite MCU Iron Man armor, you can bet how pissed off I am right now! Or only hope now is Bandai to make one, but I doubt they'll include all necessary parts with it and leave us with a vanilla figure.

13. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    Your best chance?

14. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Super glad I changed my mind about getting all the Comicave stuff. I got the Mark. 43 for something like $60 and while it was awesome, once they cancelled Starboost I just decided to hold off on getting any more. Seems like this company is circling the drain, a lot of cancellations over there lately.

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not MY best chance as I have none of them, but their plan was to make all of the movie armors and first two movie villains as well as the Hammeroids.

16. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    Gotcha. I'm pretty sure hot toys plans on doing so as well (minus the hammer drones). They have released all of the parts needed so far except for the hammerhead armor parts and nightclub. Everything else just needs mix and match parts with some paint.

17. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

18. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

This figure is so damn cool.

[​IMG]