Iron Man/Captain America Casualties of War one-shot

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Dec 21, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Did anyone else pick this up...? It's a great jumping-on point for people that haven't read anything Civil War yet, and for those that are keeping up with the main story, it provides some very interesting (and relevant) dialogue, particularly regarding why Tony is pro-reg.

It's $4, so given that it's purely exposition between Cap and Iron Man (via a secret meeting), it may not be worth your dollar. But, if you want a sort of "Civil War companion" that provides really well thought-out arguments for/against both sides, plus a tragic reminiscence between two old friends, it doesn't get much better than this.

2. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I got it and liked it okay. I like that the art style tried to be true to the main Civil War title, but unfortunately it did fall short in a lot of places. I like that they referenced a lot of history between Cap and IM, even though I am not really all that up on said history.

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'm just getting into Iron Man, and I want this because the art is teh shit.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *SPOILERS*

I thought it was weird when Tony stripped for a wrestle.

*END SPOILERS*

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Finally we see some benefit fro mthe pro-registration side. And Tony makes one very damn good point.

The Anti-Registration side is so strong for one reason, Cap is on it. There is no way that Falcon, DD, or Cage would pull the amount of support that Cap does.

6. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I'm interested in seeing this, because I've yet to see much in the way of good reasons to be pro-registration. In fact, truth be told, this Civil War has really turned me off of Iron Man & Co. Cap'n America & Spidey FTW.

7. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Basically, Stark makes the one point everyone who's been Pro-Reg on this board has been making:

Registration was happening one way or another, and the best thing anyone could have done was try to get inside and impede it.

It's a good read. I definitely recommend it to anyone interested in Civil War, as long as they're not scared away by the price tag.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do agree that this was really nice in terms of NOT writing Tony as a nigh-freakin' villain, along with the Iron Man issue.

...but that said...

...stripped for a wrestle... ;_;

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

You know what really gets me? The moral dilemas Cap keep getting himself into and seeing what he will let slide. He believes so strongly against registration that he is compromising other moral grounds.

- He has let the Young Avengers side with him even though he was completely against them donning costumes in the first place. Now they are out fighting with him?
    - [SPOLIER] He has PURCHACED help from the Kingpin. In the War Crimes book, he uses the Kingpin to make Tony think the Kingpin wants to help track the main guys on the Anti-Reg side.

It just boggles my mind that Captain America is coming off so clean in this when he is making a moral stand against one idea only to not care as much about other morals.

10. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Siding with Cap is easier than siding with Stark, because Steve's transgressions are much less overt. That's basically what I've seen so far, anyway.

Tony is also a much easier target because he's an alcoholic. What've we got against Cap? (Not much.)

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Can't say as you don't have a point. Sadly, in 616, as in our universe, sometimes things aren't clear-cut. Heaven knows the Allies did things in WWII (either universe) that we'd rather forget, even though it's perfectly clear that the Allies were in the right and the Axis were in the wrong. Sometimes you have to make compromises for the greater good...sad but true.

12. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend... when I tell him to pretend to help the enemy?