Iron Man Armored Adventures Pilot

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by AniProwl, Jan 20, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  2. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Animation isn't bad, and I actually like the voice work. But I just can't get into the adventures of a kid Tony Stark. On of the things that always made him so interesting as opposed to jsut another guy in a flying tin can were his issues.

His womanizing, his alcoholism, his drive to redeem himself after wasting so many years of his life. And its not like they can work them into a show like this as well. Just don't see it staying very true to the character. Plus I jsut don't understand the to retcon superheroes into teenage forms like this all the time.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Huh, that covers pretty much everything I think about this. Guess it comes back to the idea that kids won't relate to characters that aren't kids themselves. 80s nostalgia begs to differ.

4. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I didn't watch the whole clip but the first part of it didn't seem that polished.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not even going to watch it. I saw the episode that came with the movie. It was total shit. None of the characters were close to being anything like they're supposed to be. They were all turned into cartoon cliches.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I've seen the full "pilot" episode(s), it's not that bad really. Sure a show more in line with the "real" adult Tony Stark would've been nice, but this series seems pretty good, and has a lot of interesting setup.

There's all sorts of room for development over the course of the series: Pepper learning Iron Mans identity, the truth about the rings and the Mandarins quest for them, Stanes turning Stark Industries into a weapons manufacturer, Tony's quest to gain control back of Stark Industries, as well as the generic heroes journey of learning how to be a good hero.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This. This is what made Tony Stark Tony Stark. Take this away and you have nothing. NOTHING.

8. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I was going to do a full review of this, but I'll save us all some time and just say this: If they changed all of the names and character designs and called this show "Techno Kid" or something, it wouldn't be bad, better than average even. But as is, it's really not a good Iron Man toon. I really liked the animation though.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Did any one catch this last night? I'm watching this on YT and see how it is

The following are first few episodes' descriptions of the show

Marvel Animation Age

10. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    The "TEENAGE" schtick, works for Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Because that is how he has always been introduced. Also with the X-Men. But for any others, no, does not work at all. And just for the fact that making them preteens/teenagers, limits the independence they have as adults.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Saw the first two episodes. Guess what? Armored Adeventures is like the Animated for Iron Man. Sure, it's got a kiddified aspect and look, but Chris Yost does an amazing job with this aspect.
    Tony is sure a teen, but he goes ga-ga for girls, snarky, paranoia and has a water bottle shaped like a wine bottle.

This could be a good show. I'm willing to give it the first 13 episodes before I make my final decision.

Now onto episode 3

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Marvel tried a teenaged tony in the comics, it didn't go over well, and the entire incident is one of the comics lowest points and has still never been really explained. Tony, controlled(didn't know it at the time but we found out later) by immortus kills wasp(she comes back mutated) and a few other characters, so the avengers go back in time(or another dimention or something) pick up teenaged tony stick him in an armor, they fight, adult tony wins. Adult tony redeems himself beating the bad guy, then dies. Is replaced by teenaged tony. Teenaged tony goes into Onslaught portal later,(which turns into a ball carried around by franklin richards) comes out as adult tony with all original's memories.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Episode 3 was nice by making Iron Man and Mandarin get persoanl so when they fitght next time, it would be epic.

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Teen Tony = Bad. It's not Tony, it's not Rhodes, it's definitely not Pepper. It's not Iron man.

This just feels like that short lived Spiderman cartoon MTV had.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Have you seen the series yet or just basing your facts on the trailer like ho many did for Animated?

That's why I'm giving Marvel Superhero Squad a chance. It may look kiddie and simple, but it will have some good story and laughs.

16. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    D*** the video does't work

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Other people uploaded on YT, chaddi 90

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

What, you think I haven't seen it just because my opinion is different from yours? Because from that comment, that's what it looks like.

And as a rebuttal, have you followed Iron Man comics for the past years? Because this isn't Iron man. This is the short lived Teen Tony Stark that caused sales on the book to drop so far off the charts that thankfully had a universe expanding Onslaught story end and relaunch the title properly.

And to answer your question, yes I did see it.

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  20. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

It looks wrong to me. I dont like it so i'll pass.