Iron Man (Animated) Trailer

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Nov 14, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

2. honestgabe

honestgabe I

wow, that was pretty cool. Are the other movies this good in the animation department?!

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer cel animation to computer animation.

I'll still pick this up though, seems like it would be fun.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Looking at it, I'd say Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2 were better animated than Iron Man looks to be. Think it's a different animation company.

5. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    sounds like it's the same VA from the UA movies... does this take place before them or is this once more in it's own continuity?

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Looks pretty decent. I always love the tech vs elements that Iron man mythos deal with.

But you know me. I'll be getting this anyway.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I think it looks spiffy!

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Animation looks amazing. Really looking forward to seeing Iron Man animated again.

But, the story...I mean, jeebus, they have the perfect setup for an "Ultimate" Mandarin! Tony raises the ruins, one of which is a temple, some pissant enters it, steals 10 magical rings, and proceeds to wreak havoc. I mean, COME ON. It's RIGHT THERE.

Just...ugh. I know it's meant for kids, but even still, the plot could be so much better.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Maybe old Mandy is in it... we just don't see him in the trailer.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Ironman looks like it'll be great, but the one I can't wait for is Doctor Strange. The preview for it on UA2 was awsome.

11. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Looks alright, but I have to agree with Devz, it just doesn't jump out at me like the Ult Avengers stuff did.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Looks good. I love the way Marvel is going with these movies with more mature storylines that demand a PG or PG-13 rating. I can't wait until they get around to doing something with the X-Men. DC looks like they have some similar stuff in the works of a more mature level too like with Teen Titans: Judas Contract. If stuff like this is the future of Western action oriented animation then I'm quite excited. It looks like Western animation in the action genre may be allowed to finally "grow up."

13. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Huhbuhwha?

As discussed in the Ultimate Avengers 2 thread, violence doesn't make a work mature. Compelling characters, moving themes, and exemplary craftsmanship of a story do, however.

For an ideal example of a children's movie that illustrate these elements, check out "Titan A.E." or "The Iron Giant." Both have moments of immaturity, but as a whole, are far more mature than UA and UA2.

14. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

This looks to be very cool!

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I think you misunderstand me. I completely agree that it's character, theme, and content that make something mature *not* blood & guts. Titan A.E. and The Iron Giant are two of my all time favorite animated movies and I own both.

I liked UA 2 because of what it did with the characters - Hank & Jan's marital problems, Cap's struggle with revenge, Panther and Thor's dilemmas over tradition vs. loyalty to their new friends, Widow's developing feeling for Cap, Betty's decision whether or not to trust Bruce, Hank's sacrifice. I'm still *not* adding UA 2 to my video collection though.

I do not advocate PG or PG-13 animation for the sake of blood and guts. I do think that there are a lot of good comic book/action adventure storylines that simply can't be told with a G rating. PG movies like Mask of the Phantasm, Titan A.E., the uncut Revenge of the Joker, Treasure Planet, etc., and I was happy to see that it looks like some of those comic book stories might actually have a change of getting told in a direct to DVD format. That's all.

Sorry for any misunderstanding because I think we basically agree on stuff with the one exception that I liked UA2 and I guess you didn't.

16. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking good.

17. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Oh, okay, I get what you're saying now. UA2 was alright - I DID like how they spent some time developing the characters a bit more, it's just that it felt ham-handed in some segments, and the overall story didn't really impress me.