Iron Factory's Ashura Knights (War Within Dinobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Grouch

Grouch Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting the work into that roster. I'm just starting out with the Legends and found that very helpful. I am curious if the IF Tactical Team (Prowl, Silverstreak and Smokescreen) are War Within designs or not. I want to make a WW/Cybertonian display with the Knights and anything else that fits (Blitzwing? Soundwave/Blaster/Perceptor?). I'm also going to go more G1 in a separate display. Best of both worlds.

2. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

Don't know enough about the WW era to know if that's the source, but they're cybertronian.

3. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

I think the tactical team is IDW, but not War Within designs.

4. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    image.jpeg Finally!!

It's taken a Geologic Age but I finally have mine. I'm hoping now IF can speed up some of their outstanding releases before year's end.

@Napalm and @Dobbie - fantastic reviews - well done Gentlemen.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

I've looked into this and posted pics i think on if scorpnok thread. The Ww dynobots feature (in that mode) in the first few pages of maximum dynobots and spotlight shockwave (idw). Most IF designs come straight out of the idw comic books (the special art at the end of bundles showing character studies).

Everything IF has done comes from idw univ. starting from their first product, blaster which had a clamp on his chest as from his idw spotlight. The only exception imo is perceptor, which comes with the option of two heads (onw with sniper goggles/eye) and a sniper riffle, so u can have him g1 or idw mode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grouch

Grouch Well-Known Member

Very good then. Thanks for the input. The Tactical Team will work. Excited for both G1 from DX and Idw from IF. Are sound wave/blaster/preceptor highly recommended?

7. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

I totally love them as in i got twin cast aswell. Bewarned however, that they have some 'durability, issues at the legs. Their weibo showed a lot of customers posting pics of such cases, and while none of mine came broken last month my perceptor leg broke, so i got a back up. To be fair i took him everywhere with me, with little care. Nonetheless dx9 speedo has no such issues. Their ironhide has some paint issues (chrome) but no dx9 product has ever featured some of the small cracks some early IF figures have. Its not a particular issue and depends what you do with them, just know if is best for exposition and while its resistant and can be played with, its not durable, while dx9 stuff is often more sturdy than a hasbro toy.

Lastly, about tactical staff, i think thats Milne's design for prowl in RID, so yes, after they come back from earth and he takes a cybertronian alt form.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I had to hold off on this set due to too many other figures coming out - but I can still hook up any members with a brand new set for $135 shipped if interested. PM me.

Those close up pics just look awesome. I can't believe they get so much detail into these small little guys, and getting a full set of 5 vs. paying the same price for 1 MP bot, just makes me smile. hahahah.

Should I dump my MP addiction and go for a Legends collection? Oh lord - my wallet and wife are going to kill me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grievlocke

Grievlocke 5mm Addict

After picking up Turrets and Manacle finally I dumped my CHUG collection when IF Overlord/Datsun Bros came out. Used the money to get them and the few previous releases I didn't have, never looked back. MP always seemed large and cumbersome to me, so I never got into it.

It's worth it I would say, these guys are fun and it certainly is a lot more fun displaying them than larger figures. I picked up some DX9 War in Pocket as well as other Legends scaled figures and nothing lives up to Iron Factory.

On the upside if you dump the MP collection, that should be a decent amount of money for picking up IF stuff.

Sorry for the quality, it's what I had offhand.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

That is a great display piece! Did you construct that from scratch? Perfect for Legends figures.

Yeah, I've dumped my MPs and Alternators to collect Legends. If DX9 or IF produce a few more of my favorite characters I'll probably drop my CHUG stuff too.

13. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

You upped something on your photography? I didn't think that was possible. :)  The pics are stunning as always.

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  15. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

Thanks! That really does help visualize just how big the base OP 'bot is. He looks just the right size in comparison to the rest of the Dinobots.

16. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ha-ha-ha-haaawwwsooommmeee!

17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

It's becoming harder and harder to resist this set...

18. Grouch

Grouch Well-Known Member

Eh. Prime's too tall or the dynobots are too small. Not sure which. What did you do to make Grimlock taller? You gave him platform shoes. At any rate that's a PASS on that Prime. He should be shorter than Grim. I wouldn't mind making Sludge a bit taller though so I may use that trick on him.

19. Grievlocke

Grievlocke 5mm Addict

[​IMG]
    Not scratch, it's the S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii DenLiner DX Set. It's really nice, pretty much every 1/18 accessory and set work with the IF figures.

Different Grimlock, different Prime. WW Grimlock is billed as smaller than the Classic one. Stormbringer Prime is bigger than Classic. Just my perception. I know there was a comparison pic but I can't find it.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I still hope to see these guys get the upscaled to Voyager treatment.