Iron Factory's Ashura Knights (War Within Dinobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie TFW2005 Supporter

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    These bots are fantastic
    IMG_1801.JPG IMG_1929.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    30311346596_e581667e76_h.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Looking good guys!

4. Dobbie

Dobbie TFW2005 Supporter

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    If anyone wants to check out a review on this awesome set of bots then please check out the link.

Grateful for any feedback as well.

Asura Knights Review

• Like Like x 1
  5. HADRON

HADRON .1%R

SICKNESS!

6. HADRON

HADRON .1%R

Fan built combiner?

7. Napalm

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots more pics and a full review down in the sig if anyone fancies a read..

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    \ /

• Like Like x 5
  8. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 Professional at winging it

God I need these next couple months to go by quick so I can finally have these...aaaaand everything else I've been ordering... Ah well I'll just enjoy them through all of your amazing pics until then. :lol 

9. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great review of the set, and truly awesome pictures. My only question is how in the world did you get your Grimlock's front half of his tank mode to sit flush and not spit apart. I swear I can't get his "wings" to come together and sit flush in tank mode no matter how hard I try.

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Sludge's shoulders to lock in place when he's in vehicle mode. Any tricks? I swear I've exerted more force in trying to push those shoulders into a supposed tap that I'm shocked I didn't shatter the poor toy (I'm a fairly big guy).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Napalm

News Credits:
    @Wolfdawg - thanks good sir!

Right, the trick with Grimlock is finding the clearance to get the back of the wings perfectly aligned with the hinged section they are attached to. You need to do this before you start sorting out his chest. Make sure his arms are as out of the way as they can be.

When they sit straight against that section they will line up flush. If they don't sit straight they won't and you cannot manipulate them once in vehicle mode as there's no room to play.

As for Sludge, not sure. Mine always tab in with an audible *click*. I tend to pivot the ball joint out and in to do it. Definitely helps if you are looking at the tabs and the holes so try holding him upside down.

Hope that helps!

11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    [Voice=Morgan Freeman]... All was going well for Shockwave that day until his entry for the Iacon Battle Bots Tournament turned on him. Took poor Hun-grr all night to pull what was left of Shockwave from his "Shedder for Efficient Destruction MK II". [Ol' Shockwave wasn't much for creative, witty names and all that.] I guess we'll never know why he opted to make the damned thing self aware... Why, I, myself, would've just hooked it to a remote control and been done with it. Maybe one of those Bluetooth deals I hear the young ones talking about... But no one ever seems to ask Ravage for his opinion on things...

Anyway, since it had a taste for warm energon, Megatron put it down with one blast of his fusion cannon. And that was the end of that.[/Voice]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. runningwithtoyz

runningwithtoyz Well-Known Member

Love these guys

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  13. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Love what you did her with the plates and perspective. It had not come up to me to have these 2 continuities together but they look so good!

iDD

14. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Man... I can hold off no longer... I think I'm going to start collecting Legends Class - mostly just so that I can justify buying this set. They look so cool and so mini, and I like the idea that I don't need to fight with the wife in order to buy a new display cabinet (although I'm sure that day will come if i buy too many of these guys.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on other good legends class figures to pick up if I'm going to start a collection - or is this a good place to start? I have NONE (although do the perfect effect rumble & frenzy guns count)?

I was able to negotiate a price of $135 US shipped worldwide for this set for myself. Happy to hook anybody else up as well if you're interested - just send me a PM and send me a Christmas Card if you want (just kidding). Link in my signature for details.

• Like Like x 1
  15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is a surprisingly cool little set. IF Legends is worth collecting, if just for the fun factor.

16. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

I'd call out the Iron Factory Armored Tactical Staff, which is, yes, one mold three times, but there's LOTS of parts to customize with. UT's Tom and Jerry are pretty slick too. I've heard good stuff about IF Evil Lord. I don't have any of the DX9 War in Pocket figures, but a bunch of them look great.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Napalm

News Credits:
    if'S City Commander, Soul Reaper and the Armored Tactical Staff (review I did at the beginning of the year, intro has links to write-ups of Evil Lord and Scouts and Sniper) are all excellent figures, the latter being one of the best little VFM sets out there. These Knights are great too, especially if you shop around and get them for a song. I keep meaning to try UT's Tom and Jerry as I hear great things about them.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  18. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

I really like IF's City Commander, Evil Lord and Tactical Squad. I would also recommend IF's Windblade or Pink Assassin. The recent three pack from DX9 contains my favorite figures from them. Their Decepticon three pack is also really fun. UT's Tom and Jerry is really fun to fiddle with.

19. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

I like City Commander a lot, but I think it's worth calling out that (at least on my copy) the fit and finish was not as good as the newer Iron Factory figures. It's kind of crazy, because they went from company I like a lot who have some minor QC issues to one of my favorite 3rd parties really fast.

If you want to get some HasTak figures: Shockwave and Cosmos are both standout Legends scale figures.

20. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    powerglide, gears, insecticons (so far), bumbee/cliffjumper, beast hunter trailbreaker, (i really like black jack but not hotrod)

i made a thread a while ago trying to keep track of all options for characters
    articulated Legends scale roster, help?

space will become a prob eventually but.. welcome abroad.